Explorer 2nd row console install | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2nd row console install

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those guys are amazingly cheap.....haven't seen their prices beat yet.

I'm going to try them for OEM lugnuts and Interceptor Steel Wheel caps

10% over cost on all parts and accessories.

Funny though, I bought the Interceptor Steel Wheels up here for $71 each, that Auto Nation site is over $200.

They are a great vendor. I am a site admin on AllFordMustangs.com & they are a site sponsor. We have over 160,000 members & I have yet to hear one bad comment about them. I personally have bought FOMOCO mud guards, & the rubber rear bumper protector (Which is really no thicker than a decal:mad:) from them & saved a bunch over what my dealer wanted for the same parts.

I just ordered a console from auto nation today for your 13' sport, so we'll see when it gets here. The person I spoke with said this was the first one he had seen ordered from them so Id be the first.

10% over cost on all parts and accessories.

Am I missing something on their website?

I don't see wheel lug nuts or center caps for Interceptor Steel Wheels

Am I missing something on their website?

I don't see wheel lug nuts or center caps for Interceptor Steel Wheels

There are things that you can't find unless you have the part number to type in. You can always give them a call, they will honor the online pricing by phone if you mention it to them.

Explorer 2nd row console

I just ordered a console from auto nation today for your 13' sport, so we'll see when it gets here. The person I spoke with said this was the first one he had seen ordered from them so Id be the first.

Thanks, I was the first to order it from my dealer and no one seems to have a clue, they keep giving me instructions for a 2011, which is a different console.

The console is exactly the same from 2011 to 2014, and is also the same one from the Flex. Do you have a picture of the one you purchased?

I bought a 2014 Sport w/o the 2nd row console and after much searching found that Ford was now shipping them for $385 as a part. My problem is when the console arrived it came with instructions for a 2011 model and I can't get the console to seat properly. I now realize that a good chunk of carpet has to be removed but am hesitant until I can see some kind of diagram or spec sheet or even a photo of what it looks like with the carpet out. Can anyone help?

Just saw a post somewhere on here a couple of days ago. A guy had removed his and found the carpet missing. He may be able to help. It was in the last few days I saw it.

Funny though, I bought the Interceptor Steel Wheels up here for $71 each, that Auto Nation site is over $200.
For some reason in the States the wheels are about three times the cost compared to ours. I just checked the 17" steel wheel that I bought for mine a couple of years ago and the U.S. price shown on fordparts.com is $294.78 each and I paid $99. There are others here who got them for around $80 each.

Peter

I am about to order the console for my '13 X Sport. Did you have any luck with the installation? Do you happen to have photo's?

Thanks

I don't know if anyone has helped you out on this, but i just received my with instructions, see attached

Attachments

• rear console install instructions.pdf
    802 KB · Views: 2,283

Ordered mine from Autonation, same price as Levitt with free shipping $280.00.
I ordered the DB5Z-78045A36-AD, which is black with black stitching, I think it's for all other explorers, not the Sport. When I read the description for the other letters "AA" (last two) the Black/Pebble description threw me off. Maybe black console with pebble stitching? Either way it is a complete console with (4) screws to install.

I don't know if anyone has helped you out on this, but i just received my with instructions, see attached
Those are some of the best and easiest instructions I've seen in a long time. Good luck and be sure to post a picture when installed. ;):thumbsup:

Peter

Intereseted in seeing a picture of the console. The instruction picture doesnt look like the picture on their website. The website looks to have the more updated lid that is thinner, the instructions looks like the taurus X console.

I order mine when I bought the truck and dealer went half on it. They want to charge me 2.0 hour install .I did myself but I do paint n body for a living. Not very hard just take the cover off in the rear, use the hole to line it up and tighten the bolts and get a punch for the front two put something's with color to leave a mark then cut the carpet. You should see the hole. Hope this help

Intereseted in seeing a picture of the console. The instruction picture doesnt look like the picture on their website. The website looks to have the more updated lid that is thinner, the instructions looks like the taurus X console.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Received the console, looks just like the factory ones. Installing tonight when the wife gets home.

IMG_0602_zps905c8af0.jpg

IMG_0601_zps649c5ba4.jpg

IMG_0600_zpsab390d75.jpg

Back