Explorer 2nd row console install | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2nd row console install

i don't want to go back to the dealer to check this out. If you have the bucket seats and console in the second row, do the second row seats tilt forward for access to the third row. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone have the actual part number for the black console with white stitching?

Thanks

Does anyone have the actual part number for the black console with white stitching?

Thanks
Check out the Ford.com website and go to the Accessories Store.

Console 2nd Row - Charcoal Black
Part No: 8F9Z-74044D34-AB

Not sure if it has white stitching.

Peter

i don't want to go back to the dealer to check this out. If you have the bucket seats and console in the second row, do the second row seats tilt forward for access to the third row. Thanks.

Yes both seats fold forward for access. There both fully flat when forward, that's why the lid on the console opens forward instead Of back to make a flat surface along with the seats.

You either have the power fold option where it folds and lifts towards the front seats or you have the manual seats where you lift what you think would be a recline handle to fold the seats and lift again to stow it up to climb in.

Adding a center console

Hello Everyone, I did search this first but didnt find exactly what I was needing. I have rear bucket seats without the center console because I like the pass through for easy access to 3rd row and didnt add it and remove it because of the carpet cutting issue from the factory. Im wanting to add one for road trips only, no permantent attachments, just a console to set there for roadtrips and then take it back out. Anyone done this without bolting it to the floor? I heard they were a "snug" fit but will they stay put on their own under normal driving? Do you have to remove the plastic cover on the floor or can it set over it? Any place to find these besides the dealership or salvage yards? Thank you everyone in advance!

I would suggest bolting it in (4 bolts) as it would be quite a large projectile in an accident.

Thank you for your response and yes I understand that, but so will all my luggage, dog, etc that will be unbolted. can you bolt without cutting carpet etc? If i can get to 1 or 2 of the bolts easy then I dont mind putting in 2 quick bolts just for the two 8hr road trips we take a year. That will be the only time the console is in.

Any answers to my other 10 questions? :)

Thanks guys

I installed one and it's no issue. I wouldn't install without all the mounting bolts. You do have to remove the rear cover. Only a very small hole needs to be cut to allow,access,to the bolt holes, just takes some time trimming. I used a small exacto knife and the holes are just a little bigger than the bolt. I couldn't find one from a scrapyard so I just ordered online. Just over 280 shipped.

Fish4Five, where did you order from please? Thanks for your help. And if you were to take the console back out would the small holes be covered by the plastic cover again? thank you

Thanks
What he said... :)

I have part number of DB5Z-78045A36-AD from my dealer but no one knows if it has white stitching like the seats in my Sport...

X3, I need the same info too. Need console # that has the stitching to match the Sport model seats. Thanks.

Update to this: I did a bit more research and according to Ford's website, this is the # for the Sport console:

DB5Z-78045A36-AA

They list 2 for the Sport. One is Charcoal/Siena and one is Charcoal/Pebble. The number above if for the Charcoal/Pebble.

2nd row console

I purchased my 2013 Explorer with rear bucket seats and did not get the optional console. (MISTAKE)... My dealer tells me this is not a option he can install..

does anyone know of an aftermarket 2rd row console..??

THANKS..!!

I purchased my 2013 Explorer with rear bucket seats and did not get the optional console. (MISTAKE)... My dealer tells me this is not a option he can install..

THANKS..!!
Welcome to the Forum Nanook007.:wavey:
As per my PM, I have merged your thread with this one. Installation instructions for the console can be found on the previous page.

Peter

THANKS..!!

Your dealer is mistaken. Ford does sell them. List is around $360. The vendor on this site has the best price I've found so far ($280). Hoping to get our dealer we just purchased a X-Sport from to give us a better price.

I'm sure that your dealer would love to make some quick cash to install it!

if this is the same console as the Flex, has anyone tried the chilled version?

if this is the same console as the Flex, has anyone tried the chilled version?

It is the same console as the Flex but there is no chilled version available through the dealer as a complete assembly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is the same console as the Flex but there is no chilled version available through the dealer as a complete assembly.

Well, that would have been pretty cool if there was. Guess we'll settle for the standard console. I was looking at the front end, it seems there's a lot of unused space in the bottom. I'm guessing this is where the hardware for the cooler is normally mounted.

Back