Me? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Me?

i know some cool spots to get pretty high up here too.

10404180_10203868804100561_1472135856224491868_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a plan to drive up to knab/st George via Farmington NM - I'm particularly interested in the areas where John Carter was filmed. Fascinated by the rock formations. My truck is like most of yours (basically stock) and I work too hard on it to wreck it. Would like to try some back roads that are tame enough. I would love to have some conversations with locals before I head out. No tight schedule, retired, want to hit northern rim and maybe cicrcle through Pheonix before I go back to Texas. Traveling alone unless things change.

I have a plan to drive up to knab/st George via Farmington NM - I'm particularly interested in the areas where John Carter was filmed. Fascinated by the rock formations. My truck is like most of yours (basically stock) and I work too hard on it to wreck it. Would like to try some back roads that are tame enough. I would love to have some conversations with locals before I head out. No tight schedule, retired, want to hit northern rim and maybe cicrcle through Pheonix before I go back to Texas. Traveling alone unless things change.

Welcome to the boards!

Sounds like you have a solid plan. There are some trails in Moab that cater to stock or near stock vehicles. I've always been too scared but, they are there.

Thank you

As of right now, I sort of know one person in Utah. Thanks for the response...my truck is a hand-me-down after being bought new, wrecked and driven hard by my wife and daughter and left wheezing in my driveway for me to fix. Lots of body work, a door skin, new trans, borrowed engine, all new running gear in the front and some paint . . . lots of work. Don't want to scrape rocks with it.
Saw your John Wayne quote - you know the story about the distinct possibility that he and the crew of The Conqueror getting cancer because the filming was done in Utah . . . just down wind from the Nevada nuclear site?
I'll post a picture of whatever I drive up there so you will know when to wave!

As of right now, I sort of know one person in Utah. Thanks for the response...my truck is a hand-me-down after being bought new, wrecked and driven hard by my wife and daughter and left wheezing in my driveway for me to fix. Lots of body work, a door skin, new trans, borrowed engine, all new running gear in the front and some paint . . . lots of work. Don't want to scrape rocks with it.
Saw your John Wayne quote - you know the story about the distinct possibility that he and the crew of The Conqueror getting cancer because the filming was done in Utah . . . just down wind from the Nevada nuclear site?
I'll post a picture of whatever I drive up there so you will know when to wave!

Actually I didn't. My step-dad is a huge John Wayne fan and growing up I couldn't stand his old westerns. The older I get, the more I appreciate them, especially his later movies.

If you happen to make it up to Layton, shoot a message here, I check it daily and maybe we can get together to do lunch or something, especially if it's on a weekend.

is anyone planning anything around the oakley/kamas area, that i might be able run with?

I live in west valley but i spend more time in Tooele county. My sons live there. My oldest will be getting a ranger on monday. looks like more wrenching for me.

Back