Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

I'd suggest making an appointment at your dealership, jzcop; I know they'd be happy to unlock this issue for you. What's the current mileage on your Explorer? I'll research some ways to help.

Any news from the dealership this morning, Kfoss1? I'd be happy to look into this as well - how many miles do you have on your Explorer?

Crystal

I had the same issue and the dealer replaced the pad.

BM:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Crystal, haven't heard back yet. I'm off this coming week so I can swing by and see what they found out. I have a little over 12000 miles on my X.

Thanks for responding, Kfoss1. If you'd like, I'll be happy to push this up the line to your regional customer service manager. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll make sure this gets into their hands. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Your dealer will be more than happy to change it out. Mine did.

My 7 key doesnt work for me at all. and im off warranty of course.

Is the '7' part of your code? If so, have you looked into possibly changing the code using the MFT? I haven't looked into it myself and don't know if you require the use of the Securicode pad to make the change. I believe there are a few posts on that procedure.

Peter

My 7 key doesnt work for me at all. and im off warranty of course.

Hey machine4321, when did you notice your key isn't working? Send over this info along with the year, current odom reading, and preferred dealer; I'll see how to assist.

Nikki
Ford Service CA

Mine never has worked on the Explorer. Escape works fine. have cleared out the codes and programed back in only the factory code, still doesn't work.

Does the pad light up when you touch it or is it dead?

Peter

Mine never has worked on the Explorer. Escape works fine. have cleared out the codes and programed back in only the factory code, still doesn't work.

Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership, xnhra? What's the current mileage on your Explorer?

Crystal

Door keypad

Proud owner of 2011 limited explorer. I recently found out my door entry code does not work. I never had a reason to use it with all the other options. Hoping someone has easy fix. Pad lights up but does not work. Am using factory code and tried to change code in my touch but nothing is working. 70000 miles and loving this vehicle. Nicely equipped tri white. Going to talk to dealer next week, going in to change out original tires. Thanks for any help.

Are you able to lock the door using the pad or is that also not working? There was a post that also said the pad had shifted so contact was not being made. It could be a few things but since it lights up it would seem to indicate that it isn't a fuse issue.

Peter

Proud owner of 2011 limited explorer. I recently found out my door entry code does not work. I never had a reason to use it with all the other options. Hoping someone has easy fix. Pad lights up but does not work. Am using factory code and tried to change code in my touch but nothing is working. 70000 miles and loving this vehicle. Nicely equipped tri white. Going to talk to dealer next week, going in to change out original tires. Thanks for any help.

Hi Odenweller,

Getting this into the hands of your dealership is a great next step. Be sure to come back and share your results with us; I'll be here if you need help after receiving a diagnosis. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Keyless entry pad

Sounds strange but just found out this week my door code does not work. Took my explorer in today for a new set of original equipment tires, just turned seventy thousand miles. Explained the problem and how nice this forum is and when I picked my vehicle up the pad issue was fixed. Just completed polish and detail on this 11 limited, drives and looks good as new. This is why I have my dealership listed as a great place to do business. Raabe Ford, Delphos, Ohio

Hi Odenweller,

Getting this into the hands of your dealership is a great next step. Be sure to come back and share your results with us; I'll be here if you need help after receiving a diagnosis. :thumbsup:

Crystal
Thanks for your advice. Explained this situation to the service dept at my dealer today and it is already fixed. Replaced door pad. Great dealership Raabe Ford Delphos, Ohio

Thanks for your advice. Explained this situation to the service dept at my dealer today and it is already fixed. Replaced door pad. Great dealership Raabe Ford Delphos, Ohio

Fantastic news, Odenweller! I'm glad they took great care of you. If you'd like to make your feedback about them official in our system, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include. I'll get this documented for ya. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Reply about keyless entry pad

Purchased 2011 Explorer Limited from Raabe Lincoln Ford March 2011. Since new all service or any automotive items have been completed by their service dept. This vehicle is my third new ford from this dealer. 2001 Sport Trac, 2006 mountaineer, 2011 Explorer. Always had a great relationship with the service advisors. Philip Odenweller

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still a Problem

Still a problem getting in with door keypad even in dry weather. Ill hit the code several times, hear a click in the system but doors wont unlock. I asked the dealer to check this during a service oil change. he said he did and it was fine.....i think he never looked at it.

Back