Push Bar for Explorer | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

......Someone that did a review on amazon stated that this would interfere with the ACC.
Not surprised as that is what I've been surmising all along. I believe the ACC is located where I've placed the white dot using Go3Team's photo.

Peter

Attachments

• Push Bar ACC.jpg
    Push Bar ACC.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 4,306

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the Aries 3065 installed yesterday. Took about 3 hours. Wasn't too bad overall. Pic in the link...
15a0b22b-9a22-4f10-b2c9-39aa522f4bee_zpspq9cgy7k.jpg

That's quite the pushbar, how did affect your headlight output?

That's quite the pushbar, how did affect your headlight output?

Drove it for the first time at night last night. Noticed no difference from prior to the install. I have HIDs installed as well.

That LED light bar probably REALLY helps!

At least you did HID so that helps to offset any disrupting to the lighting.

I'd be interested in seeing the light pattern up against a garage door or wall. It looks like those vertical bars would affect the horizontal light pattern.

Peter

I'd be interested in seeing the light pattern up against a garage door or wall. It looks like those vertical bars would affect the horizontal light pattern.

Peter

Ill try and get one tonight. They are removable FYI.

Peter, here's a shot up against the garage with fog lights off, as well as some others... Apologize for some of the quality. Broke my Samsung and stuck with a Windows phone until upgrade.

3_zpspihd2wec.jpg

4_zpsd2jbtklp.jpg

5_zpshoagbqrq.jpg

1_zpsl6chwtkr.jpg

2_zps2rfbk6h9.jpg

I have an Aries as well, however I removed the bars in front of the headlights.

Attachments

• 2015-05-25 16.56.47.jpg
    2015-05-25 16.56.47.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,507
  • 2015-05-25 16.56.35.jpg
    2015-05-25 16.56.35.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 4,308

I actually like the black horse bull bar BB047611-SP ..but I'm sure that will interfere with the ACC and the ground clearance isnt all that good either.

Great video!! How's the LED bar working out? I checked Amazon with the one you might have and its around $50 and I have seen other brands for a lot more.

It still works great. Before I installed it, I sprayed it down with black plastidip just in case the gasket was poo. It hasn't leaked at all, and all the LEDs still work. It's not as bright as I wanted, but it will still peel your retinas off.

It still works great. Before I installed it, I sprayed it down with black plastidip just in case the gasket was poo. It hasn't leaked at all, and all the LEDs still work. It's not as bright as I wanted, but it will still peel your retinas off.

Good idea to spray plastidip. I had my push bar for awhile and I'm in the market for a LED light bar. The one you have is in my budget.

Good idea to spray plastidip. I had my push bar for awhile and I'm in the market for a LED light bar. The one you have is in my budget.

I'm thinking of getting the 30" bar too. I don't know if it will fit, but as cheap as they are, it's worth a shot.

2016 Brush Guard/Bull Bar

Is anyone selling/making a brush guard for the 2016 model yet? All I can find is 2011-2015. Im really curious to see how it would look with the redesigned front end.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could in theory put the push bars designed for the 2011-2015s on the 2016 Explorer. The only issue is that the lower grill will require more cutting but the top part of the mounts will probably fit.

Back