Livernois tune experience | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois tune experience

I have another dumb question... is the 6spd transmission the same in the NA and Ecoboost? If so (overall) it can obvious handle the power for the NA if I do the tune (thinking long term)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have another dumb question... is the 6spd transmission the same in the NA and Ecoboost? If so (overall) it can obvious handle the power for the NA if I do the tune (thinking long term)

No, the powerplant combo in the XSport is not even the same from 13-14 to 15. Ford made changes at the beginning of 2015 that caught us by surprise, BIG TIME. We have not had any adverse affects of tuning to any transmissions in 3 years of tuning the platform.:thumbsup:

I traded in my 13MY Sport for a 15MY Sport. Are the Livernois tunes different between the model years? I just want to be sure I have the latest and greatest.

I traded in my 13MY Sport for a 15MY Sport. Are the Livernois tunes different between the model years? I just want to be sure I have the latest and greatest.

Our tunes are different from vehicle to vehicle, nevermind MY to MY.

BUT, fear not, we build all of our tunes based on Ford's build data of your vehicle. You receive your tuner blank. We will provide you with a full listing of everything that we need from your vehicle, and instructions on how to extract those codes (it's super simple). Then you'll email that info to us and 24-48 hours later our calibrator will have your tune files built and ready for you. We will send you an app do download to your PC. That app will create a secure remote connection to our server and load the tunes that have been designed for your serial numbered tuner. This is the most secure, as well as, easiest way for us to provide you with premium custom tuning.

You guys (Livernois) actually installed the tune on my 15MY when you installed my cat back exhaust. This was around January 2015 (give or take a month).

You guys (Livernois) actually installed the tune on my 15MY when you installed my cat back exhaust. This was around January 2015 (give or take a month).

GOTCHA! I actually remember when you came into the showroom Jeff.

No, the powerplant combo in the XSport is not even the same from 13-14 to 15. Ford made changes at the beginning of 2015 that caught us by surprise, BIG TIME. We have not had any adverse affects of tuning to any transmissions in 3 years of tuning the platform.:thumbsup:

What exactly are these changes that ford made beteen MY 2014 et 2015??? I'm kinda curious!! ;)

Hey thanks for keeping everyone in the loop with this tune, explosportguy. I really appreciate the update on the (lack of) rev matching on downshifts since I was the one that originally asked about it. Thanks a bunch, man!

Tony

What exactly are these changes that ford made beteen MY 2014 et 2015??? I'm kinda curious!! ;)

Ford swapped around all of the powerplant configurations from 13/14 to 15. They added a few different tables as well as switched around a few known tables. There really is not too much that we can go into too much detail about. But the changes that were made were significant enough that tuning threw us for a loop! :roll: Look at how many vendors STILL do not tune the 15's, and the 16's are here already!

So my particular 15MY Sport has the updated/correct tune in it, correct?

Correct, there have been no updates since you came to us last.

The XSport is currently out of fuel system, and that is why there are no mass updates at the moment. Once we are able to release an upgrade for the EcoBoosts we will have tons of revisions, BUT that day is not upon us as of yet :(

Livernois, can you please fix your signature? The image is HUGE and causes horizontal scrolling in every thread, plus it is twice the size of any post. It increases the page scrolling by a staggering amount. This is a nightmare when browsing the forum on a mobile device, and it's less than optimal when browsing on a desktop.

Your banner image should be no more than a couple hundred pixels high, by a few hundred pixels wide (200x500 is probably acceptable, though still slightly obnoxious)... Other than a logo, is a picture really necessary at all in a signature? we all know what a Ford car looks like.

Hey thanks for keeping everyone in the loop with this tune, explosportguy. I really appreciate the update on the (lack of) rev matching on downshifts since I was the one that originally asked about it. Thanks a bunch, man! Tony
Hi Tony, you're welcome. Been really busy with a project at work, so I haven't had any real Xsport or forum time :mad: . I'm enjoying the up shifts so much with the Livernois tune that I haven't really missed the rev matching downshifts. I have over a thousand miles on the tune now and I'm still really thrilled with the way the Xsport drives. I'm consistently in the 5.9x - 6.0x 0-60 range even with the summer temps. Can't wait for retirement this fall so I can move into my garage. I've got a motosprts project backlog that is miles long :thumbsup:

Just picked up a 2015 Sport last night and have been reading up on tuning and mods for it already.
Looking into the Livernois but should I wait a few thousand miles before getting the tune? Also, we bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty good to 75k. So the original tune can be put back in for warranty work if needed?
Its good to be back on the xforums...Selling the old 01 v8 with over 200k on here and put 120miles on the Sport after picking it up last night..lol

Just picked up a 2015 Sport last night and have been reading up on tuning and mods for it already.
Looking into the Livernois but should I wait a few thousand miles before getting the tune? Also, we bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty good to 75k. So the original tune can be put back in for warranty work if needed?
Its good to be back on the xforums...Selling the old 01 v8 with over 200k on here and put 120miles on the Sport after picking it up last night..lol

Thank you for the consideration, we work hard to maintain a pristine reputation.

There is no reason to wait to tune your vehicle. All of our shop cars are tuned from virtually day one. A lot of us employees also run our tuning and parts on our personal vehicles from the beginning as well. But, the decision is totally up to you. If you want to break it in...go for it! Enjoy your new baby!

Your new MyCal tuner will hold 4 custom tune files as well as you stock tune file at all times. So if there is ever an event where you go into the dealership for anything simply plug the tuner back into the truck and select the stock file as opposed to one of our custom files. Easy as Sunday morning!

Glad to have you back in the community!!!!:salute:

Thank you for the consideration, we work hard to maintain a pristine reputation.

There is no reason to wait to tune your vehicle. All of our shop cars are tuned from virtually day one. A lot of us employees also run our tuning and parts on our personal vehicles from the beginning as well. But, the decision is totally up to you. If you want to break it in...go for it! Enjoy your new baby!

Your new MyCal tuner will hold 4 custom tune files as well as you stock tune file at all times. So if there is ever an event where you go into the dealership for anything simply plug the tuner back into the truck and select the stock file as opposed to one of our custom files. Easy as Sunday morning!

Glad to have you back in the community!!!!:salute:

Will be ordering next month! Had to order some weather tech floor mats right away. 3 kids in sports want to make it last a few years lol.
Thanks for the info! on a 91 tune do you recommend a new MAP? 93 is hit or mis around me.

I do recommend swapping out your stock 2 BAR for a new 3 BAR along with your 91 tuning. It allows us to better control boost as well as turn it up a bit. Which obviously is the most important part lol!

There's no need to choose which one tune you want! It sounds as if in your case using our 91 tune would be a better choice for you overall, because you can use either one of the 2 premium fuels that you say are available to you in your area. Keep in mind that you can always run more octane than what your tune was built for but never less! So if you run our 91 tunes you can fill up anywhere with any premium fuel. Whereas, if you load our 93 tuning you must use 93. 91 octane should never be used with a 93 tune.

I do recommend swapping out your stock 2 BAR for a new 3 BAR along with your 91 tuning. It allows us to better control boost as well as turn it up a bit. Which obviously is the most important part lol!

There's no need to choose which one tune you want! It sounds as if in your case using our 91 tune would be a better choice for you overall, because you can use either one of the 2 premium fuels that you say are available to you in your area. Keep in mind that you can always run more octane than what your tune was built for but never less! So if you run our 91 tunes you can fill up anywhere with any premium fuel. Whereas, if you load our 93 tuning you must use 93. 91 octane should never be used with a 93 tune.

Awesome! Is there any issues going back to a stock tune with the 3bar map and the cooler spark plugs? In case it needs to go in for warranty work? Or say I get a 87 tune, 91 tune, 93, tune, and a 91 tow tune, the map and plugs would be fine for any of those?

Awesome! Is there any issues going back to a stock tune with the 3bar map and the cooler spark plugs? In case it needs to go in for warranty work? Or say I get a 87 tune, 91 tune, 93, tune, and a 91 tow tune, the map and plugs would be fine for any of those?

There is no issue with the plugs, but the MAP needs to be swapped out for its stock counterpart. The stock tune file will register an over/under boost situation forcing itself into limp mode. Simply keep the stock 2 BAR in the car with your tuner. If you go into any service center simply load the stock tune and 2 BAR...easy fix!

As for the mods w/ tuning all of our tunes work with all the mods that we offer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no issue with the plugs, but the MAP needs to be swapped out for its stock counterpart. The stock tune file will register an over/under boost situation forcing itself into limp mode. Simply keep the stock 2 BAR in the car with your tuner. If you go into any service center simply load the stock tune and 2 BAR...easy fix!

As for the mods w/ tuning all of our tunes work with all the mods that we offer.

Is it easy to swap the 3 and 2 BAR sensor for situations such as warranty work? Any pics to show the relative degree of mechanical knowledge needed to do this?

Back