Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Still a problem getting in with door keypad even in dry weather. Ill hit the code several times, hear a click in the system but doors wont unlock. I asked the dealer to check this during a service oil change. he said he did and it was fine.....i think he never looked at it.

I'll research some ways to help, jzcop. How many miles are on your Explorer currently? I'm on the case! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

45000 on the miles now. I bought it used. The owner before me bought it certified pre owned from Ford and the warrant transfers over to me. Hope you could help

45000 on the miles now. I bought it used. The owner before me bought it certified pre owned from Ford and the warrant transfers over to me. Hope you could help

Thanks for responding, jzcop. Send me your details in a PM and I'll get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Thanks for responding, jzcop. Send me your details in a PM and I'll get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

pm sent

Thanks for your advice. Explained this situation to the service dept at my dealer today and it is already fixed. Replaced door pad. Great dealership Raabe Ford Delphos, Ohio

what did the door pad replacement run you?

Door Lock Pad

Dealer replaced pad. Service adviser said they replace a lot of them.

I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer XLT, and was given the factory keypad code. After MANY tries and frustrations, I was able to finally add a personal code that I can remember. No idea why it was so difficult to add a code - the process on MyTouch seems simple enough, but I had to try repeatedly (using the same exact steps every time) before the new code was finally accepted. Anyway... now the problem is that when I enter either code on the keypad, I can't get them to work. Is there some secret? Do you have to hit the numbers in a particular spot? I hate that each button has two numbers on it, because I can't tell whether I'm hitting the right one. I have verified tgat the codes are correct, but apparently can't seem to get them entered properly. Can anyone help before I just decide to put my fist through the window? Yes, I could unlock using the remote, but frustration is getting the best of me. The keypad feature is there, so I should be able to use it. Grrrrr.....

I recently purchased a 2013 Explorer XLT, and was given the factory keypad code. After MANY tries and frustrations, I was able to finally add a personal code that I can remember. No idea why it was so difficult to add a code - the process on MyTouch seems simple enough, but I had to try repeatedly (using the same exact steps every time) before the new code was finally accepted. Anyway... now the problem is that when I enter either code on the keypad, I can't get them to work. Is there some secret? Do you have to hit the numbers in a particular spot? I hate that each button has two numbers on it, because I can't tell whether I'm hitting the right one. I have verified tgat the codes are correct, but apparently can't seem to get them entered properly. Can anyone help before I just decide to put my fist through the window? Yes, I could unlock using the remote, but frustration is getting the best of me. The keypad feature is there, so I should be able to use it. Grrrrr.....

I know this doesn't help, but I have no issue at all on mine. I just lightly touch each number and it works every time. I had the same issues of changing/adding the code, until I realized I was using the wrong key (secondary). I had mykey set up. It was a piece of cake once I had the main key and put it in the mykey slot in the center console. Mine is a 2016 though so not sure if they modified it since.

Thanks for your input. Maybe there's a problem with mine, since you say yours is so easy. Might have to have the local dealership take a look.

Redkat,
I have found that it works better when depressing keypad numbers with finger print rather than tip of finger and holding last digit for second or more and releasing. Also, sometimes I run finger down pad to light it up then depress numbers. Sometimes because it is not lit and difficult to see you may not be depressing first digit in correct spot. Hope this helps.

mine was defective registering multiple presses for each number pressed. Drove me nuts until the dealer replaced it. Now it works like a charm.

To show them, I set a personal code of 66669 through the MFT, then asked them to unlock the door.

If I tapped a number real fast, it usually registered as a single press. Service rep thought he was funny because he code unlock with the factory code by tapping real fast. The 66669 emphasized the number I had the most trouble with and it was impossible to tap the 6 just four times.

After replacement, all worked like a charm and I could take my time keying in the code. Technician said that they had access to a function where they could see exactly what the computer was registering when he tapped on the keypad and it was clear that two of the numbers were registering multiple times when he pressed them.

I'm having issues with my keypad entering the factory code. Will need to make a visit to the dealer at some point.

Why Ford’s Keypad Entry System Is Secretly The Best Thing Ever

http://jalopnik.com/why-ford-s-keypad-entry-system-is-secretly-the-best-thi-1720567933

If we were to talk about today’s greatest automotive features, I think we could all agree that two really stand out above the rest: a roof-mounted rocket launcher and Ford’s keypad entry system.

Unfortunately, you cannot currently purchase a roof-mounted rocket launcher for civilian use. I know this because I went down to my local Plymouth-Jeep-Eagle dealer to inquire about it, and the people there said to me: Sir, this place has been a Dairy Queen for fourteen years.

So that leaves us with only one feature that stands out above the rest: Ford’s keypad entry system.

For those of you who don’t know about Ford’s keypad entry system, please allow me to educate you, as I often must do in my capacity as one of today’s most descriptive, illustrative, expressive automotive journalists. It is a system that provides entry with a keypad.

Here’s how it works. In a normal car, such as your Suzuki Verona, you have three options when you walk up to the door. Number one, you can press the key fob to unlock the door. Number two, you can put the key in the lock to unlock the door. And number three, you can walk away quickly because this isn’t your car. You don’t drive a Suzuki Verona. You drive a Honda Accord.

Well, if you have one of today’s excellent Ford products, you have one more option: you can walk up to your car, enter a code into a little keypad on the door — BEEP BOOP BEEP BAAP BOPE — and climb right in. It is little touches like this that have managed to keep Ford just slightly out of bankruptcy for the last 25 years.

Now, before I go any further with this column, I want to address a topic that I’m sure has crossed your mind. Namely: How did an entire car dealership become one single Dairy Queen? And the answer is, I don’t know. Maybe it’s a really big Dairy Queen. Maybe it’s a Dairy King. Maybe it’s a Dairy Royal Family, Including Camilla. God, you’re a nitpicky *******.

Anyway, you might also be thinking: How could this keypad entry feature possibly be useful in any circumstances to my life? And this is an excellent question, because if you’ve been living life keypadentrylessly, you probably can’t fathom how such a thing could help you. It’s like when you buy a dishwasher. After a while, you’ll never know how you possibly got by without him.

So here are a few scenarios in which a keypad entry system might help you.

SCENARIO NUMBER ONE: You are one of these “health nuts” who likes to “jog” and “eat organic food” such as “paper.” So you bring your 2007 Ford Explorer to the park in order to have a nice, long run while wearing brightly colored clothing. The only problem? Because you are a dungeon keeper, you don’t want to take your keys with you!

So what you do is, you lock your keys in your car. In a normal car, this would be a huge problem, and you would have to resort to drastic measures to getting them out, such as breaking the window, or abandoning the car forever and moving on with your life. But in your Ford, you go have your run, you come back, and BEEP BOOP BEEP BAAP BOPE! You’re in!

Then you climb into your car, stick the key in the ignition, and go about your day. All thanks to Ford!

SCENARIO NUMBER TWO: You are a “wife” and you have a “husband” and you are going to a “function” but he is in the “bathroom” because he ate too many “Oreos.” Unfortunately, he has the keys to your 2009 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat Extended Cab StyleSide FlareBed, which means you cannot climb inside and secure your dog, Snarls Barkley, who will also be accompanying you to the function. So what do you do? BEEP BOOP BEEP BAAP BOPE! You’re in!

Then you secure Snarls, and you secure yourself, and your husband walks out just in time to drive away. All thanks to Ford!

SCENARIO NUMBER THREE: You are a contract killer and you are trying to carry out a hit on a human person, such as the guy who runs the laundromat, because he stained your favorite Kermit the Frog baseball cap. So you wait outside his house, and you monitor his every movement, and you figure out what his keypad code is, and then you show up one day at the laundromat with a gun and a silencer, and BEEP BOOP BEEP BAAP BOPE! You’re in!

Then you shout THIS ONE’S FOR KERMIT as you methodically pump bullet after bullet into his lifeless body. All thanks to Ford!

So as you can see this technology has a wide range of excellent uses, and I highly recommend that you purchase a car with it. I once had a 1996 Ford Explorer that possessed this feature, and I used it all the time when I was a high-schooler and I didn’t want to worry about my keys during baseball practice. What would happen is, at the end of practice, I would walk out to my car, and BEEP BOOP BEEP BAAP BOPE! I would be gone, away, vanished, at least four-tenths of a second faster than everyone else. All thanks to Ford!

Now if only they would come out with a roof-mounted rocket launcher. They could sell it as a fuel economy benefit, since you wouldn’t be stopping for traffic as much.

[MENTION=233496]dougd[/MENTION]eMuro is the author of Plays With Cars. He owned an E63 AMG wagon and once tried to evade police at the Tail of the Dragon using a pontoon boat. (It didn’t work.) He worked as a manager for Porsche Cars North America before quitting to become a writer, largely because it meant he no longer had to wear pants. Also, he wrote this entire bio himself in the third person.

I have been so frustrated with this issue! The keypad will work, but only after entering the code several times. Doesn't matter the weather, how fast or slow you enter it, or who tries. (We have had probably 20 different people try). We brought it in to two different Ford dealerships and they both said - since they were able to get it to open (even if it took several tries), there was nothing they could do. So...we gave up...until I saw this when looking for another answer, but now our warranty is up!

I have been so frustrated with this issue! The keypad will work, but only after entering the code several times. Doesn't matter the weather, how fast or slow you enter it, or who tries. (We have had probably 20 different people try). We brought it in to two different Ford dealerships and they both said - since they were able to get it to open (even if it took several tries), there was nothing they could do. So...we gave up...until I saw this when looking for another answer, but now our warranty is up!

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
It would be helpful if you added the 'model' of your Ex to your profile so it always show in the margin. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Peter

I purchased a 2013 Explorer a week ago and can't get the keypad to work. Each key triggers the red light but the factory code will not unlock the doors. Pressing 9/8 doesn't lock them either. The factory warranty has expired so I'm really hoping it isn't too costly of a fix. Did anyone outside of warranty have to pay out of pocket? What did it run you?

I purchased a 2013 Explorer a week ago and can't get the keypad to work. Each key triggers the red light but the factory code will not unlock the doors. Pressing 9/8 doesn't lock them either. The factory warranty has expired so I'm really hoping it isn't too costly of a fix. Did anyone outside of warranty have to pay out of pocket? What did it run you?
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
My suggestion would be to send a PM to jzcop since his was replaced but never responded to a query about cost. His last post here was in July. Perhaps he will respond to a Private Message from you. In any case it looks like a dealer trip is in order if you want it fixed.
Also, please add the 'model' of your Ex to your profile so it shows in the margin when you post. Thanks.

Peter

So I believe that the keyless entry pad isn't working properly on my new explorer. If I lock the explorer using the remote, and then unlock it using the remote, get something out, and try to lock the door back using the keypad, it won't lock the truck. Anyone else have an issue of the entry pad being unresponsive?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Having the same issue with my Taurus sho. Took it to the dealer and diagnosed as faulty and needed replacing. They wanted over $600 to replace. Mines out of the 3/36 so I ordered one for $175 through another dealer and gonna install myself.

Back