2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option?? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer LED Fog Lights option??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a pair like these ^^ and if you actually want light ON the road ..... this style won't do it. The "top" being open like that cuts the light output that would normally go to the sides to the reflector and then sent out and as such useless output. If you want for show or to be seen, ya they'll work for that.

aren't they just fog lights / day time running lights? If I want to actually want to see stuff on the road, i'd just use the regular lamps/highbeams.

I can't complain about the light output with the named LEDs. First off, yes the looks are better, but then I also saw no disadvantage to the stock bulbs when comparing visibility. The high beams themselves are already very bright, but the fogs add some more visibility to the sides and brighten up the lower front as well.

I have a pair like these ^^ and if you actually want light ON the road ..... this style won't do it. The "top" being open like that cuts the light output that would normally go to the sides to the reflector and then sent out and as such useless output. If you want for show or to be seen, ya they'll work for that.

I have the lights and they function well, much better than the stock fogs for emitting light AND yes, they do look better. Again, I don't live in a swamp so not much fog here but often times I am using them without the headlamps and they work well.

I just ordered my 2016 Limited today and had it not been for an error on the part of the lady preparing the order I would have ended up with the stock non led fogs. I noticed the led fog light option on the paperwork they emailed showing the vehicle and all the specs prior to them sending it off to be ordered. I asked about it and they said they included it in error which caused me to call salesperson and ask about them. Needless to say after quickly searching the form about it I told the dealer to defiantly leave them on the order. Prior to ordering it at the dealership I played around on the Ford website and also when researching the invoice option prices on different websites I never saw LED fogs as an offered option.

2016 Limited
301A package
Moonroof
2nd Row Bucket Seats
Class III Tow package
LED fog lights

I just installed new LED fog lights, the ones Britta-S mentioned above from Amazon. I think they were on sale for $27 and it took maaaaybe 10mins to install. Plug and play. They look great and work great.

I have the same bulbs people are getting from amazon, but now that the ones from Ford are available does anyone know what the difference would be? Are the Ford's going to be worth upgrading to?

Sorry didn't mean to take the thread OT. There is a separate thread on the fogs and another for LEDs (as you know since you bought the bulbs).

It remains to be seen whether the Ford fogs (LED) are brighter, better or even exist yet!

2016 Explorer

I test drove a Limited Explorer the other day. The lights were absolutely perfect with the LED accent. When I asked the salesman to turn on the fog lights, they were yellow, I'm assuming regular halogen? Long story short, it looked ridiculous. Mixing bright LED whites with yellow bulbs?

When I went to build the car on Carsdirect and TrueCar, I noticed an "LED Fog Lights" option. When I asked several sales people about this, they had no clue what I was talking about.

Has anyone heard about optional fog lights? I would much rather get stock LED fogs than have to replace bulbs on a 50k car!

Led fog lights are know available. I just ordered mine 2016 Explorer 4x4, towing packet, leather interior and yes Led fog lights. They did came out 150 more but its worth it. Thanks

Thanks! I went with the ones Britta recommended.

I also went with the ones that Brita mentioned (here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJ3KYGU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A126Q4T86JLNL )

and I am quite happy with how they turned out! (Don't judge the dead bugs - just took it on a 700-mile cruise and had to put the bulbs in the moment I got home)
20150821_235634-1_zpsdbjwyrym.jpg

I've noticed some window stickers popping up that say "LED FOG LIGHTS, $150"

But I don't see it as an option on the Ford website?

I do not either. Would be nice to know part numbers for the bulbs (if indeed it is just different bulbs and not a whole new assembly)

I do not either. Would be nice to know part numbers for the bulbs (if indeed it is just different bulbs and not a whole new assembly)
Here is what the Owner's Guide shows;
Front direction indicator. 3757NAK 27W
I wonder if later printings will show the LED. The Guide won't be much help in any case since those bulbs that are currently LED do show any specs.

Peter

So what's the 150.00 charge for? Bulbs? Or is it a different fog light assembly?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am interested in obtaining the factory Ford LED lamps as well. Has anyone been able to find part numbers for just the bulbs and determine if it is just plug and play or required to replace the entire assembly....

Back