Traffic Message Channel (TMC) Support in NA? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traffic Message Channel (TMC) Support in NA?

Do you mean Sirius channel list? It shows 0 for Traffic category. Not sure whom to blame, Sirius or MFT?

No. There is a menu that specifically lists the subscription status for all satellite features.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Two upper buttons - Services and Travel Link - are absent from my info screen...

Just noticed you are in canada. Yours isnt equipped with it.

Have to ask Ford why....send me your APIM and I can enable it.

Will do.

Speaking of enabling stuff, can you turn on some BCM features from different markets, for example auto lowering mirrors in reverse?

Will do.

Speaking of enabling stuff, can you turn on some BCM features from different markets, for example auto lowering mirrors in reverse?

Don't have an explorer to test that stuff.

Neither do I, I want it on my Edge :)

Will do.

Not sure about the way the mirrors are mounted on the Edge but on the Explorer mirrors are not capable of lowering due to the way they are mounted. Get the 2" convex stick on mirrors for around $5 each at CTC and you won't need anything else. Have used them for 50 years.

Peter

Not sure about the way the mirrors are mounted on the Edge but on the Explorer mirrors are not capable of lowering due to the way they are mounted. Get the 2" convex stick on mirrors for around $5 each at CTC and you won't need anything else. Have used them for 50 years.

Peter

They are perfectly capable of doing so. Moreover, I even have the one of the memory presents set up that way.

Convex mirrors I've used on all my vehicles for last 8 years won't look good with blind spot indicators. Auto-dimming driver's mirror might not like sticky stuff either.

.........Convex mirrors I've used on all my vehicles for last 8 years won't look good with blind spot indicators. Auto-dimming driver's mirror might not like sticky stuff either.
I have both and no issue with the stick on mirrors. The radar unit for the blind spot feature is behind the rear wheels behind the body panel.

Peter

Waking up this old thread.

I enabled the Traffic Message Channel using FORScan. I don't have or use Sirius. Its been a couple of days now, but I have not seen any traffic data pop up on the Nav screen. Anyone know if this works in the US or not?

FORScan setting:
Traffic Message Channel **disables NavTraffic 11-16MY APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xx*x xxzz 0=Disabled (Default), 1=Enabled

Waking up this old thread.

I enabled the Traffic Message Channel using FORScan. I don't have or use Sirius. Its been a couple of days now, but I have not seen any traffic data pop up on the Nav screen. Anyone know if this works in the US or not?

FORScan setting:
Traffic Message Channel **disables NavTraffic 11-16MY APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xx*x xxzz 0=Disabled (Default), 1=Enabled
It wont work here in NA, but not because it doesnt exist here. TMC does exist in NA. Problem is with your radio unit called ACM as this unit does not have TMC receiver. Europe's Mondeo aka Fusion does have ACM with TMC in high trim levels, but there is a question of compatibility as, most likely, TMC in Europe and NA are differently modulated and transmitted.
Moreover, you could ask about this here: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Back