Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 272 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just picked up this 04 Explorer Limited
20160206_071645_zps71elzfhc.jpg

20160206_071703_zpso9wtjuhk.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

recently purchased a 2004 ford explorer limited v8. Mod's so far include blacked out headlights, black oem grill (stock was chrome) and 16x8 cragar soft 8's wrapped with bf goodrich all terrain t/a ko2's.

12647086_579436343836_1705499027377671880_n.jpg

12650934_579436298926_4485922344307928505_n.jpg

12573041_579436363796_2632814177853801749_n.jpg

12651072_579436388746_7456633831984927015_n.jpg

this is exactly what i want...

this is exactly what i want...

Thank you. When I found my black Explorer I knew exactly what I wanted to do to it. Nothing fancy like a lift, but just a hint of attitude with slightly bigger tires a better stance and blacking out some of the chrome. I think the headlights, the black grill and the cragars set it off just right. I'm biased though. :)

Yeh I attest to Weathertech floor liners! First thing I buy with a new car! Lil expensive for the ease of production, you should see then make these, literally a plastic sheet fed into a hot vacuum moulder, slap on stickers, box and ship. But they are great! Will save your interior.

285s 3" eBay spacer lift in front only and 2" wheel spacers also in front

23BDB4DD-B049-4716-B6D8-76117D816565_zpsqcigqnxr.jpg
BA58C8E0-0842-4ED4-A26F-AD6753552E86_zpsegh2mmes.png

Hello everybody!

Been on here for a little while trying to figure this explorer stuff out. Just got mine on labor day weekend last year and I love it! I got a 2002 Eddie Bauer 4.0. The main purpose for needing it was the practicality of having a child; so much room for the baby and all the stuff you need to carry with you.

I initially made a post (without searching ) about lifting and the various ways to achieve that based on the use of the vehicle. I greatly appreciate not only the responses I got, but also to the majority that didn't respond. After a little looking around, I found the sticky on lifts and I did a good bit of looking through the 3rd gen pics thread, and found my answers.

So far, I haven't really done much of anything to the rig since the purchase. I came from owning a BMW so I had a whole new world (Aladdin!) to figure out mechanically.

I started to have an overheat problem that would begin with a strange whine, then the needle would start going up, I would pull off to the side of the road, stop, then it would go back to normal. That's when I searched for thermostat situations on here. I ended up replacing the entire thing, Upper/lower housing, by-pass hose, thermostat (fail-safe). I found that one of the black plastic flanges? on the lower housing had broken off, I hope that isn't bad

Other than Spark plugs and a few oil changes, she's bone stock.

Here are a few things I'd like to do:

On the way:

Moog K80008's
MANN Fuel Filter

Would Love to do:

Vinyl Wrap the window pillars
16" MB Razor wheels (spray painted matte black, thanks [MENTION=169276]rangermidtn[/MENTION])
265/75 Hankook Dynapro ATm's (feel free to suggest a different AT tire)
1.5" Body Lift (Just love the way [MENTION=16158]Ronin8002[/MENTION] had his 3rd gen lookin'!)

And here she is:
0ff76ab6-f2c4-4f5e-ab6a-aab6fcc451af_zps8g7tneym.jpg
image_zpsfrhg3e2j.jpg
image_zpsxsf0wzws.jpg

Yup I rubbed a lot and had to cut quite abit too but it's all good now, only probably is I couldn't cut on the inner right side because that's were the fuel lines and ac lines are placed

Espejos cuarta generacion

DONDE PUEDO.CONSEGUIR LOS ESPEJOS CUARTA GENERACION PARA UNA FORD EXPLORER 2004.. Son compatibles los espejos de la explorer 2007 en la explorer 2004????

Ebay Spacers

Quick question. Does anybody run those goofy triangle spacers seen here?

I ordered some but could not figure out how to get them to mount on the front. Any pointers? I found the bushing on the front struts doesn't clear once you turn the strut to mount it.

It's a pain in the butt but you will have to press those bushings out on the bottom of the shock and turn them around. If you don't then the shock will rub on the front axel. Press it out using vice while slightly heating up the metal part of the shock with a torch, be sure not to melt it. Use grease when pressing it back in.

FYI- For the rear you will have to use a 5/8 drill bit and make the holes bigger on both the truck as well as the spacer. Should fit right in after that.

It's a pain in the butt but you will have to press those bushings out on the bottom of the shock and turn them around. If you don't then the shock will rub on the front axel. Press it out using vice while slightly heating up the metal part of the shock with a torch, be sure not to melt it. Use grease when pressing it back in.

That's what I was afraid of. Is it not possible to shave a hair off the bushing with a table saw or something? My truck is from michigan and nothing moves. EVER. I'm currently dropping in engine .

Anyway, is there anyone who sells the spacers that are made right to begin with and aren't an arm and a leg?

So, when you install the shock spacer you need to rotate the shock 180 degrees to make the new studs line up with the holes on the frame. The bushing on the bottom part of the shock sticks out about 2" on the right to stop the shock from rubbing on the axel and about an inch on the left. if you cut it you will be right back where you started and the shock will rub on the axel, you will also have a gap from what you cut out.

The right way to do it would be to press out that bushing, turn it around and press it back in. It sucks but at youll be glad you did it the right way later.

I know this does not belong here, but I am posting it here because I know it is the most active thread. I blew my 4.0 and have been walking to my 2 jobs for about 3 months now. I need to find another motor and don't want to pay out the ass for one. Does anyone have one for sale?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

blake look for a 4.0 v6 ranger motor, they are worlds cheaper. you just have to keep your original intake and maybe your accessories

Back