Replacing a broken fog light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing a broken fog light

Mishtar

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
I noticed yesterday my fog light lens was all smashed, not sure if they are plastic or glass. I called Ford and they quoted me $100 for a new fog light as you can not just buy the lens. I looked online and I can get an aftermarket one for $30. That is the same price on every sight I checked.

My question for you guys is do you think that the aftermarket one will work as well as the Ford one? $100 plus then the installation cost is a lot to swallow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for the heads up on that site but I should have mentioned I am Canadian and they will not ship to Canada.

Do a google search of "cheap ford parts" or "cheap OEM ford parts" There are several sites out there that sell OEM parts at costs similar to the site I linked you to. Perhaps one of those other sites will ship to Canada. Or if you know someone in the US, have them order it for you, shipped to them. Then have them ship to you.

Sounds good I will try that search. Thank you.

My question for you guys is do you think that the aftermarket one will work as well as the Ford one?

As well as? The OEM fog lights are awful, and barely put out any usable light.

Their site says:

#
2011 Ford Explorer Base 6Cyl 3.5L 213CID
Position Driver or Passenger Side
#
2011 Ford Explorer Limited 6Cyl 3.5L 213CID
#
2011 Ford Explorer XLT 6Cyl 3.5L 213CID

So I don't see why they wouldn't it the 2012
#

2014 explorer fog lamp assembly replacement

Am in needed of getting "how to" instructions on replacing a fog lamp assembly on 2014 explorer..

Am in needed of getting "how to" instructions on replacing a fog lamp assembly on 2014 explorer..
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
Sorry to see that according to your profile, your Explorer is "limp".;)

Peter

There's really nothing to it. I took the drivers side on my 14 X off to reseal the glass and housing because moisture was getting in it.

When you look underneath the bumper, Theres a plastic cover under each of the foglights. You don't have to completely remove it, just unbolt it and move it out of the way. Then it's either 3 or 4 bolts that hold the bracket onto the bumper. Disconnect the wiring to the bulb, remove the bolts and the bracket will come off with the light housing. Then remove the light from the bracket. Reverse the procedure to install.

Hey guys,
Got my replacement OEM fog light in yesterday to replace my shattered one.

Am I able to get under the bumper without putting it on a lift? Or do I need to take off the wheel and fender lining?

Hey guys,
Got my replacement OEM fog light in yesterday to replace my shattered one.

Am I able to get under the bumper without putting it on a lift? Or do I need to take off the wheel and fender lining?

You can get at it without a lift if you have a jack. Jack up the front enough that you can remove a few clips that hold in the lower valance. You don't need to remove the entire thing. Just enough to work on the light. It can be done that way.

Back