4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 46 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yeah, I'm thinking 265/50r20 nitto Terra grappler g2s, on 20x9 rims, anybody have experience running that size on stock suspension?, or with Terra grapplers in general?

Same diameter as own tire, 1.5" wider outboard, same backspacing.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, new at this. Will post pics soon, looks pretty great right now, running bfg K02s for winter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's some updated pics of my 06 X
It's got a fairly new set of 265/70/r16 Cooper Discoverer ATPs, a 30" LED bar that I installed myself, new black headlight housings, and a cheap Pioneer head unit that has USB and AUX capabilities. I've also debadged the rear, and added a Flowmaster 40 series muffler. This thing sounds extra mean!!! I'm planning on adding the leveling kit and some other small goodies here and there in the near future. (Keep in mind I'm still in High School so my budget is limited :( )

IMG_0864_zps48olqyvv.jpg

IMG_0860_zps3srwjxyj.jpg

IMG_0906_zpspkqulbvf.jpg

IMG_0717_zpspab9nx50.jpg

IMG_0712_zpsq6jx55jv.jpg

IMG_0702_zpsgabq8l4v.jpg

Here's some updated pics of my 06 X
It's got a fairly new set of 265/70/r16 Cooper Discoverer ATPs, a 30" LED bar that I installed myself, new black headlight housings, and a cheap Pioneer head unit that has USB and AUX capabilities. I've also debadged the rear, and added a Flowmaster 40 series muffler. This thing sounds extra mean!!! I'm planning on adding the leveling kit and some other small goodies here and there in the near future. (Keep in mind I'm still in High School so my budget is limited :( )
It looks good. :thumbsup: What size wheel spacers do you have on there, 1/2"?

It looks good. :thumbsup: What size wheel spacers do you have on there, 1/2"?

As of right now they are 1.5" inch spacers, I would like a little more stance to it so upgrading to 2" ones would be a possibility. I'm also planning on buying some 16x8 steelies with 0 offset to replace the 16x7 stock rims that have a 44 offset, so that should help to where i don't need to add more spacer. I'm really itching to get the level kit before i do anything else though. :thumbsup:

2010 Explorer Limited V8 with Flex 20" wheels

I just got done installing these wheels on my wife's Expo. Purchased these wheels new from a guy on CL, OEM Edge or Flex. The tires are Cooper 265/50R20. I did need to get the hub bored out bigger to fit the Explorer. It cost me $180 total for all 4 to get it done.

IMG_6043_zps7cdoco2i.jpg

IMG_6042_zpshrssx89m.jpg

IMG_6041_zpspa9x8awo.jpg

It's been a while since I've done anything to the Ex. Just purchased an Expedition for the family, so I'll be doing more upgrades to the Ex shortly. Added new wheels this past weekend. Black 16x8 ProComps. The 265 75 16 Dynapro ATM ties look much better now than with the stock rims. Needs a lift though, but won't do it unless I get the extended upper control arms.

Before
IMAG0231-1_zps72beb85f.jpg

After
IMAG7773_1_zpsgrhw0ipa.jpg

Rubbing

Hey Robby830,

Do you hace any rubbing when turning? Those look nice... Im thinking using this same size with 16 inch Fuel Revolver rims on my Black Ironman X.

It's been a while since I've done anything to the Ex. Just purchased an Expedition for the family, so I'll be doing more upgrades to the Ex shortly. Added new wheels this past weekend. Black 16x8 ProComps. The 265 75 16 Dynapro ATM ties look much better now than with the stock rims. Needs a lift though, but won't do it unless I get the extended upper control arms.

Before
IMAG0231-1_zps72beb85f.jpg

After
IMAG7773_1_zpsgrhw0ipa.jpg

Hey Robby830,

Do you hace any rubbing when turning? Those look nice... Im thinking using this same size with 16 inch Fuel Revolver rims on my Black Ironman X.

Yea, now with the new wheels I had slight rubbing on both sides, since they stick out some. Had to trim the running boards on the corners at an angle without affecting the look. Driver side needed more trimming. Had to take a bit off the inside of the fender flare too. Lift would probably eliminate some of the trimming needed .

I took it to the desert yesterday. I even got to use 4 low!

Attachments

• anza6.jpg
    anza6.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 652
  • anza7.jpg
    anza7.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 687
  • anza4.jpg
    anza4.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 653
  • anza3.jpg
    anza3.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 622
  • anza2.jpg
    anza2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 641
  • anza1.jpg
    anza1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 619

Awesome pics! Looks like a lot of fun.

FROADER, I pass you at least once a week on PCH around 4:30-5:30ish. You go south I go North. This week I'm DD the Ex. I'll be watching for you. :salute:

Thanks for sharing Froader; looks good!

I'll keep an eye out. Normally a white GTI, right? I won't be there tomorrow, but the rest of the week for sure

Yes sir. Sounds good. I'm down for a quick meet along the way if you are. Me wants to see a couple lifted 4th gens together!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes sir. Sounds good. I'm down for a quick meet along the way if you are. Me wants to see a couple lifted 4th gens together!
Check your PMs.

I'll keep my good camera in there this week. :thumbsup:

Back