Explorer 2nd row console install | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2nd row console install

I just installed a DB5Z-78045A36-AA in my 2014 Explorer Sport. I ordered it from a site listed in this thread. The install took less than 20 minutes with just two holes in the carpet. It is much more comfortable with the center armrest. I thank you for all your comments, and my daughter will be thanking you the next time she rides back there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum mfinta.:wavey:
It's always nice to hear that members have been able to help.:thumbsup:

Peter

I wish I had got our ex with bucket seats :(

Well you actually do have one Bucket seat. The 40 part of the bench seat is it.;)

Peter

I remember awhile back someone was investigating swapping the seats from bench to split. Any more info on that?

OK so here's the deal, I have it 85% done (FedEx "lost" it for a while and delayed my time to get it "mostly" installed")

The front mounts seem to the tough spot, could be the bottom hangs down just a little and could be trimmed with a Drimel tool or I just need more time to finish along with a LONGER socket extension. But it's in and really stable with the rear only secured.

Here ya go!
20151125_132846-M.jpg

Unboxed:
20151125_133947-M.jpg

Seats flipped (front all the way FWD to ensure most room)
20151125_133951-M.jpg

Removed OEM cover
20151125_134131-M.jpg

Initial test fit
20151125_134450-M.jpg

20151125_135104-M.jpg

Not much room to work
20151125_135109-M.jpg

20151125_135152-M.jpg

Cutting the carpet (scary on new vehicle)
20151125_140658-M.jpg

Secured:
20151125_142323-M.jpg

20151125_142346-M.jpg

20151125_142352-M.jpg

20151125_142355-M.jpg

20151125_142410-M.jpg

20151125_142951-M.jpg

-------------- From Amazon feedback about the fit

Link: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00TRFCSPY
center%20amazon-L.jpg

I have a 2016 sport with black leather and red stitch. really wished i ordered the 2nd row centre console, did not because used to own an gmc acadia and we would walk up the center and the 2nd row had folding arm rest. without the console in the explorer, you have now where to rest your arm and the seat are much easier to operate to get into the back. I have determined these part numbers below but no mention of black w/red color stitch schema. Does anyone know the proper part number for the black w/red?

"AA" - charcoal/pebble
"AB" - charcoal/sienna
"AC" - charcoal/pecan
"AD" - charcoal/black

I have a 2016 sport with black leather and red stitch. really wished i ordered the 2nd row centre console, did not because used to own an gmc acadia and we would walk up the center and the 2nd row had folding arm rest. without the console in the explorer, you have now where to rest your arm and the seat are much easier to operate to get into the back. I have determined these part numbers below but no mention of black w/red color stitch schema. Does anyone know the proper part number for the black w/red?

"AA" - charcoal/pebble
"AB" - charcoal/sienna
"AC" - charcoal/pecan
"AD" - charcoal/black
Why not call one of our vendors. Benny at Levittown Ford Super Store may be able to answer your question. Send him a PM at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=196402

Peter

Why not call one of our vendors. Benny at Levittown Ford Super Store may be able to answer your question. Send him a PM at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=196402

Peter

Thx, I have messaged them.

I am from Toronto area, Canada so I was just looking for a part number so I can go to my local dealer and get a price. If I have a part number there is less room for error. Murphy's Law follows me. Concept Ford in Georgetown has been great to me so far with my new purchase and keeping in touch, I would like to keep the business with them, it is only fair.

Thx, I have messaged them.

I am from Toronto area, Canada so I was just looking for a part number so I can go to my local dealer and get a price. If I have a part number there is less room for error. Murphy's Law follows me. Concept Ford in Georgetown has been great to me so far with my new purchase and keeping in touch, I would like to keep the business with them, it is only fair.
No problem. I do 99% of my vehicle business with my dealer. I missed that you were from T.O. Must have been asleep.;) Good luck.

Peter

Does anyone know the proper part number for the black w/red?

"AA" - charcoal/pebble
"AB" - charcoal/sienna
"AC" - charcoal/pecan
"AD" - charcoal/black

I ordered my 2016 Explorer Sport's console from Levittown Ford. Here is the Part Number & Part Name that they sent me:

GB5Z-78045A36-AB
PANEL ASY - CONSOLE

It is the correct Black with Red Stitching for the Sport model.
I put it in last Sunday. I found that the front screws were too short to reach the floorboard & fasten securely, so I got some stainless steel 1/4" x 1-1/2" long self tapping screws & washers for the front attachment points @ the local hardware store. The screws that are included are the nearest metric equivalent to 1/4" inch x 1-1/4" long.

Everything is good now.

Mark

Thx so much. Going to dealership now to see on ordering!

Hi folks,

My first post on here, other than an introduction at the new members forum.

We picked up our 2016 Platinum off the dealers lot about a month ago. Great car, but I would love to add a rear console. Could anybody confirm beyond a shadow of doubt that these parts referenced in this thread will fit a 2016? And that the holes for the front bolts are already pre-drilled/pre-tapped?

I see that there are couple of references to 2016s but I'm asking because all of the sources for the consoles do not show them as applicable to the 2016s, and the official accessory site for Ford does not list them for the 16s.

Thanks!

Ram

Hi folks,

My first post on here, other than an introduction at the new members forum.

We picked up our 2016 Platinum off the dealers lot about a month ago. Great car, but I would love to add a rear console. Could anybody confirm beyond a shadow of doubt that these parts referenced in this thread will fit a 2016? And that the holes for the front bolts are already pre-drilled/pre-tapped?

I see that there are couple of references to 2016s but I'm asking because all of the sources for the consoles do not show them as applicable to the 2016s, and the official accessory site for Ford does not list them for the 16s.

Thanks!

Ram
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I suggest sending a PM to Benny at LevittownFordSuperCenter, one of our Forum vendors with your question and get a price as well. You can use this link; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=196402
You can also contact your dealer's parts department to see if they can help.
Also, please add the trim level (Platinum) to your profile so it appears in the margin when you post. It could help at times when members reply to future posts. Thanks.

Peter

I have a middle console complete with the refrigeration. It came out of a 2012 Ford Flex that was totaled. I paid $300 for it. The Flex and the Explorer share the exact same 2nd row center console except for the Flex had the added option of refridgeration. I used this in my 2013 Explorer Sport but the lease ended last month so I pulled it out before turning the Explorer back into Ford. It's just sitting in my garage.

It is Charcoal black with white stitching. Good condition. I never bothered to run the power wire to to the fuse panel so I can't personally vouch for the refridgeration functionality but the Flex had low miles on it when it was totaled so I think it had minimal use.

OK so here's the deal, I have it 85% done (FedEx "lost" it for a while and delayed my time to get it "mostly" installed")
The front mounts seem to the tough spot, could be the bottom hangs down just a little and could be trimmed with a Drimel tool or I just need more time to finish along with a LONGER socket extension. But it's in and really stable with the rear only secured.

I installed mine...what is the longer tube on the bottom toward the front? It seems to prevent it from seating flush to the floor in the front on the "hump". Seems like a removable "plate" under the bottom.

I installed mine...what is the longer tube on the bottom toward the front? It seems to prevent it from seating flush to the floor in the front on the "hump". Seems like a removable "plate" under the bottom.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:

Peter

Welcome and looks great silvo1966! Nice pics on install, should add to DIY section.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome and looks great silvo1966! Nice pics on install, should add to DIY section.

Those weren't mine. I was trying to ask the person who installed them. Do you know what I was talking about my question?

Back