My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread' | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread'

Looks great. I bought the exact vehicle in black and also had the v8 and black guts requirement. I'm coming from a 11 Yukon Denali w the 6.2 so I at least had to have a v8 although 113 less hp lol. Mine is just as clean as yours with 71K miles. Little small for me but otherwise I really enjoy this thing. Good luck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you sir!...good luck to you too!

I am also enjoying mine, haven't had a V8 in a loooong time!

One of my future mods, the Factory "Air Deflector" kit ...

RvQOb1.jpg

How would this spoiler actually mount? Also wanted to know how rare this part is.. I've never seen it before! Good call on replacing the lights in the interior as well as the ones over the plate. How difficult would you say it is to actually do that? I have basic tools but nothing special.

Replacing those bulbs is not difficult at all. You really only need a small flat blade screw driver. As you can see from my pics, the difference is night and day!

The spoiler bolts to the hatch, there is a template that shows where to drill the holes. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to use it as Ford intended, or modify how it sits.

Sounds great! I may do the same mod once the weather is a bit warmer. Did you pick up a certain type of bulb or anything?

I ordered them from superbrightleds.com ...just use the Vehicle Bulb Finder and it shows you which ones to use.

I was messin' around a little more with this air deflector...and I think I like the way it looks flipped around backwards...

4q1VBy.jpg

TtKmgD.jpg

PLdfXC.jpg

...sorry for the dark pics.

I like how the back of the air deflector sits higher this way as opposed to the way it was intended to be mounted.

...another project in the works...

bNs2LF.jpg

...I can't wait to hear what it sounds like!

What muffler is that ?

Yes!...thanks MCF!...and that's exactly where I got it and what I paid.

please share how you set up the 2 pipes for the dual exhaust from looking under mine I cant see a way to make that work..... lol.... but im not an exhaust guy

please share how you set up the 2 pipes for the dual exhaust from looking under mine I cant see a way to make that work..... lol.... but im not an exhaust guy
I definitely will sir!...I won't be bending the tails myself, a friend of mine will be doing it. We are going to try to keep the spare where it is, but if I have to carry it in the cargo area for the sake of dual pipes, then that's what we will do!

Curious if you'd seen the Asian version of the Gen 3&4 tail lights. They have an amber turn indicator, looks a lot like a Jeep Cherokee IMO. Below are some example links to view the tail lights since you appreciate the uniqueness of the spoiler. The strip across the rear bumper probably borrowed from the Mountaineers parts bin.

http://www.japanmotorauction.com/stocklist/details/2985
http://www.japanmotorauction.com/stocklist/details/3253
http://www.japanmotorauction.com/stocklist/details/2856
http://www.beforward.jp/ford/explorer/bf148700/id/143734/
http://www.beforward.jp/ford/explorer/bf126352/id/120966/

Curious if you'd seen the Asian version of the Gen 3&4 tail lights. They have an amber turn indicator, looks a lot like a Jeep Cherokee IMO. Below are some example links to view the tail lights since you appreciate the uniqueness of the spoiler. The strip across the rear bumper probably borrowed from the Mountaineers parts bin.
Thanks for the post!

I actually did see those tails before, but on 3rd gen Australian models. Now you have me thinking...I do like the idea of the turn signal being 'separate'...

ckanSg.jpg

...and it's a more 'normal' looking tail lamp than the U.S. ones.

How do I get them?

Not actually a 'mod'...but I have been a Darth Vader / Star Wars fan since the beginning. Now my kids (5 and 9) are into it!...the 14 year old, not so much.

My all-time favorite villain...

kh29sZ.jpg

Ive seen those taillights before, on a 06-10 Mounty though. I wonder whats entailed in separating the blinker from the taillight circuit though. Since right now its one bulb, and when the blinker is on, thats "blocking" the brake light from staying on.

I would like to do a set of custom tails where the top circle is the blinker, and the bottom circle is the brake light.

I have been thinking of doing the same exact thing!...well, maybe not exact...I want to separate the turn signal, maybe have the upper marker light blink if it's bright enough. It shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I removed my roof rails this evening...looks like I lowered the thing 10 inches compared to my wife's 2009...

The last bolt on the driver side rear mount of course had to give me a hard time. I had to cut the mount to get to the bolt, and eventually cut the bolt. Once I clean it up I will 'attach' the bolt head so it looks normal.

Anyone need chrome roof rails cheap?...except for the drivers rear mount.

Edit: I also got a more subtle Darth Vader for my side glass a few weeks ago.

Back