purchasing husky liners

tgunn_ocs

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Hi guys and gals,

Just a quick review...I picked these over the factory all weather mats and the Weathertech mats as I have a Sport with dual buckets and the Husky mats were the only ones that covered the pass through. The fit is great and they hold in place and give additional coverage over the factory mats.

A few things to consider for those in cold snowy climates:

They are slippery when wet. Not an issue for adults but the kids have slipped a handful of times getting in (ages 7,8,9 & 10).

I also noticed that as I get snow in them they don't dry out very well as other mats in the past. This is even with me trying to use the heater to "dry" them out. I have had mine for 9 days and twice had to "dump" the water out of the drivers side. This is made tougher as the mats are fairly rigid (as opposed to rubber ones). You will need to be extra careful getting them out to dump.

We picked up my wife's Explorer Wednesday and will probably try the Weathertech All Weather Floor Mats in hers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good afternoon everyone,

Been following the forums for a while after I recently purchased a 2012 Ex XLT. Got the dealership to install a whole new leather interior (from cloth) due to excess wear before I would purchase, and got a steal on it.

My question is this: I've narrowed down my choice of liners to husky liners. Trying to decide where the best website is to order them from. I've seen advanced autoparts has free shipping for orders over $75, but i'm wondering what you all have done for this? Are there any sites that offer a discount? Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can provide.

I prefer to buy that stuff right from the manufacturer site. I never find a significantly cheaper price anywhere else on WeatherTech or Husky than the official site but get better service long term if i use them directly. I have the Husk three rows in my wife's explorer and they are much better than the full coverage WeatherTech i have in my silverado. Not that the WeatherTech are necessarily bad, the Husky weatherbeaters have just surpassed what weathertech has been offering without changes for a long time.

I agree with djlove go directly to the manufactor

The WeatherTech liners in my Sierra get slippery when wet, so the wifey doesn't want them in her new 2017 Sport. The Husky liners don't get slippery when wet, correct? Of course, the wife likes the stock carpeted floor mats in her Sport, so she may keep them instead.

Sorry for the threadjack...

Husky has not yet posted the liners for the 2017 model. I corresponded with them last week because another post mentioned that the WeatherTech liners were being modified due to a slight change in the floor pan. Husky had an engineer at that time at one of the Wichita dealerships doing some measuring of the 2017 models including the Explorer. This week they said there was a very slight change in the area of the 'dead pedal' foot rest but not to the point where is affects the current liner fit. He also mentioned the wiring harness in this area seems to have been repositioned compared to 2015 -16 photos. Since the test was only done in the Limited model, they will wait until they have been able to check the others to see if they are the same. In any case, their liner completely covers the foot rest and it is only through probing around on the foot rest area that you can possibly feel a little more space under the liner than in the past.
He mentioned that he has the X-act Contour liners in his 2016 and it is a more 'rubbery' material but only available in black.

Peter

I have been going back and forth between weather tech and husky. I like the fact that husky has more coverage, but do they lose their shape at all? I seem to have read that somewhere, where as the weather tech don't have that problem. Or is this just internet voodoo. I have a 17 sport so ill keep checking both sites for availability.
Can't come soon enough as football practice is already causing a mess in my 3 week old truck!

Edit
Forgot to ask, does anyone make something to cover either of the logos with the sport logo? I saw something I think for the weather techs, but can't find it anymore

I had the Husky liners in my 2011 for 3 years and have had them in my MKT for over 2 years and haven't had any issues. I don't know why they would "lose their shape".

Peter

I had the Husky liners in my 2011 for 3 years and have had them in my MKT for over 2 years and haven't had any issues. I don't know why they would "lose their shape".

Peter

Good to know... I checked and looks like they have them for the 17's now. But doesn't show second row? Guess ill order at least those for now

Good to know... I checked and looks like they have them for the 17's now. But doesn't show second row? Guess ill order at least those for now
I can't see that the 2nd row changed. Before you order, why not contact Husky and check it out?

Peter

The fronts changed (especially driver side) for 16+ and my Husky liners (11-15) from my 13 do not fit in the fronts.
Rear, no changes and fit fine.
I imagine the 17's would be the same as 16's but i could be incorrect.

emailed them and 16's are the same. next paycheck ill probably order them... until I do, can someone post a pic of the part where it comes up the side (kick plate) please.. want to see if they cover the lighted sport sill plate

emailed them and 16's are the same. next paycheck ill probably order them... until I do, can someone post a pic of the part where it comes up the side (kick plate) please.. want to see if they cover the lighted sport sill plate
I doubt they cover that part. I have Husky liners in my MKT and the lighted sill plates, The liner only covers the carpeted area.

PA280300_001.JPG

They are not the same...... 2017 is different..... Weather tech sells the second row but not the front...... After a laser measurement of the front floor they found a change and are making them ...... Should be available in September from weather tech..... I tried the husky liners and sent them back...... There is a difference

They are not the same...... 2017 is different..... Weather tech sells the second row but not the front...... After a laser measurement of the front floor they found a change and are making them ...... Should be available in September from weather tech..... I tried the husky liners and sent them back...... There is a difference

Ugg that sucks. really wanted the husky for the added sill protection. what did dent fit right? under the gas pedal, near the false pedal?

Peter thanks for the pic

Ugg that sucks. really wanted the husky for the added sill protection. what did dent fit right? under the gas pedal, near the false pedal?

Peter thanks for the pic

Left foot area......

Peter thanks for the pic
After reading the above posts I sent an email off to the contact I had emailed before to

I hit them on FB as well asking about them again. let me know if you get something back. ill do the same

If you goto weather tech you will see under 2017 explorer they only have the second and third row........ I ordered those called about the fronts and was told the the 16 explorer front does not fit..... The new 17 fronts should be ready in September........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok FB sent me to the engineer manager. sent him a mail and a link to this thread. if I get something ill pass it along. or maybe they will chime in here.

Back