Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 276 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

N new addition to my truck finally got the curved 52 in light with the glare guide

20160908_163831.jpg

20160908_163839.jpg

20160908_165913.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A much needed uptate

How it looked when i bought it
SxUie2K.jpg

92nAFjt.jpg

Update
E8ygGnK.jpg

2608yPr.jpg

dnMYpGq.jpg

On a side note why cant i copy and paste the img code. I have to type it in if i paste i get this this this HTML class. Value is

A much needed uptate

How it looked when i bought it
SxUie2K.jpg

Update
E8ygGnK.jpg

On a side note why cant i copy and paste the img code. I have to type it in if i paste i get this this this HTML class. Value is
i.imgur.jpg
Looks so much better than before! Good job

I ordered a rack and Keeper waterproof cargo bag over the weekend amd bith of them showed up yesterday so I got the rack mounted this afternoon. I was between a Curt/Bison and the Rola, but in the end I went with a Bison rack with the extenstion. Since tuese racks are notorious for rusting due to thin powdercoat and water getting inside the tubing I shot it with bedliner and sealed all of the seams with RTV.

Tomorrow I'm going to whip up some mounts for the awning and that'll be the stopping point for a while. We've been blessed with the news that we have a little one on the way so we've gotta focus on finding another place and put most of our money toward baby stuff.

I'll get back on it after the baby is born, gotta get skids and sliders done, lift, tires, lighting, comms... so much to do before our trip out to Cali.

20160915_153743_zpsedlw7drl.jpg

20160915_153726_zpsenp2ba3d.jpg

Some pics after the Westin bull bar install. Only her good side thogh. Still waiting on insurance to fix her door on drivers side.

20161007_171150.jpg

20161007_171816 (1).jpg

They didn't come with them
Had to install them. Been in the car for about 3 months. This was their first real test. They work well but when the mud is like soup you need massive lift and mud tyres.

They didn't come with them
Had to install them. Been in the car for about 3 months. This was their first real test. They work well but when the mud is like soup you need massive lift and mud tyres.
OK nice! Do you have any vids with the lockers put to use? Would really like to see them in action!

Nah I I've only had them in a couple weeks.
In mud that sloppy they just cut further in. Really need a winch

Haven't been on here in a while and figure I'd share some pics with y'all. Hope y'all like them
imagejpg1.jpg

FROADER and I were just talking about running the BTF spacers and Rancho QuickLift struts, as I mentioned I was considering that for my Limited. How do you like that combination?

My Explorer making its way through the canyons

Wow, Can you talk a little about what's going on in the front there? Is this a 3rd gen? Your grill doesn't look stock. And what about the light bar underneath, what's that used for, how's it wired up, where's the switch? What are the orange lights behind the grill? And finally, what's going on with your wheels/ tires/ suspension? Your explorer sits at what I'd consider the perfect height, with the wheels filling out the wheel wells perfectly. Do you have a lift, and what size wheels and tires are you using? Did I mention that I love the look of your explorer?

I'll just break it down and answer individually:

Wow, Can you talk a little about what's going on in the front there?
- Of course! What more would you like to know about the front?

Is this a 3rd gen?
- It is a 3rd gen actually a 2004 Explorer XLT 4.0

Your grill doesn't look stock.
- The front grill and surrounding frame is plastidipped black.

And what about the light bar underneath, what's that used for, how's it wired up, where's the switch?
What are the orange lights behind the grill?
- The 24" lightbar in the bumper provides me with extra amount of light on the dirt. The 34" bar in top floods more of the background. The orange lights are just amber LED lights I wired in.. kinda like the Raptors grill.

And finally, what's going on with your wheels/ tires/ suspension? Your explorer sits at what I'd consider the perfect height, with the wheels filling out the wheel wells perfectly. Do you have a lift, and what size wheels and tires are you using?
- Suspension is BTF UCA and spacers(2" front and 1.5" rear) on Monroe struts. Extended swaybar Endlinks. 17x9 soft 8 wheels with 265/70r17 pathfinder AT tires.

Did I mention that I love the look of your explorer?
- Thank very much! I hope I answered all your questions adequately.

Happy 1st snow everyone in the NE

20161120_145807.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

151 can we get a little information about your fog lamps? And why you prefer them. Thanks. Truck looks great.

Back