Nitrous 1994 Explorer | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous 1994 Explorer

About a month ago I got Nitrous on my 1994 Explorer and I've been waiting to try it out at the track. Wednesday was the first Test & Tune night at Bandimere Speedway. Currently spraying 50 HP with NGK TR6 spark plugs. After a couple runs the spark plugs looked great. Probably gonna try a 75 shot sometime soon. I gotta thank user [MENTION=91966]jd4242[/MENTION] for his help on getting the kit installed.

Up here at 5800 feet above sea level, cars run a lot slower. With only a KKM intake and Dynomax muffer my fastest run ever was 19.30 at 70 mph.

Here at the time slips
20160428_115846_001.jpg

Quite a big drop in ET and good MPH gain. This kit was definatly worth it whether it's racing or just messing around on the streets.

Video of me at Bandimere Speedway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8yaVFDRQE

This is the kit i used: http://www.amazon.com/Nitrous-Express-20421-10-Proton-System/dp/B004706C0Q?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Pf-4tbpAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C100_&refRID=BVXFR76Y48TZXKX4W7Z1&ref_=pd_aw_sim_sbs_263_2&ref_=redir_mobile_desktop#immersive-view_1456289394090

The setup:
10lb Bottle
20160325_111346.jpg

Fuel and Nitrous lines
20160325_111418.jpg

Solenoids
20160325_111437.jpg

Engage Switch Off/On
20160429_171751.jpg

Fire button
20160429_171829.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will I notice a slight difference after doing this? What should full throttle voltage be at?
Probably smooth your idle out.helps the emc be more accurate with its adjustments. .maybe better mpg and throttle response

Wot should be anything over 4v..during wot it wont matter as the ecm uses only the O2s to adjust(pretty sure on that) idle and cruise it uses the maf,tps and O2s i believe

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I'm assuming the stock belt will fit fine with the overdrive pulley for the alternator before I get the Underdrive pulley

I'm assuming the stock belt will fit fine with the overdrive pulley for the alternator before I get the Underdrive pulley
Pretty sure it will..thats if your current belt isnt stretched out and needs replacement anyways

Pretty sure it will..thats if your current belt isnt stretched out and needs replacement anyways
It's somewhat new, shouldn't be stretched. Thanks

Probably smooth your idle out.helps the emc be more accurate with its adjustments. .maybe better mpg and throttle response
Tried adjusting the TPS sensor yesterday. I could only get one of the screws off. The lower one wouldn't move at all and I was worried about stripping it. Still reading 1.00v

Tried adjusting the TPS sensor yesterday. I could only get one of the screws off. The lower one wouldn't move at all and I was worried about stripping it. Still reading 1.00v
Guess should've warned you..they are a PIA..i almost always mess them up and end up replacing them with "think" 6mm bolts

Yes! Same here. I used a hammer -screw driver as gently as I could. Replace with similar thread Allen bolt.

I use a dremel to cut a straight notch in them so can use a flat head screw driver.then i heat them and the tb where they go in with a pen soldering torch

How do you get the pulley off the alternator??

Should just take the nut off..may have to spray so pb-blaster on the shaft and let it sit for a bit,then some taps and gentle prying...its probably just stuck on there.

Should just take the nut off..may have to spray so pb-blaster on the shaft and let it sit for a bit,then some taps and gentle prying...its probably just stuck on there.
How do you prevent the pulley from rotating?

How do you prevent the pulley from rotating?
Leave the belt on and hit it with a air gun or impact. .or hit the ratchet hand with a hammer very fast..

Again pb-blaster first

Leave the belt on and hit it with a air gun or impact. .or hit the ratchet hand with a hammer very fast..

Again pb-blaster first
Ok. This doesn't have reversed threads right?

Alright. I'll update if i ever get it off
Well, we were unsuccessful after 3 hours of trying to get the damn thing loose. Probably gonna remove the entire alternator and bring it in to NAPA. They said they could remove it there.

Well, we were unsuccessful after 3 hours of trying to get the damn thing loose. Probably gonna remove the entire alternator and bring it in to NAPA. They said they could remove it there.
That was going to be my next suggestion .is it a OE alternator? ? Just a fyi if it ever goes out get a 97ohv alternator. .bolts up and is the 130amp over the older 70amp(think thats correct numbers for amps)

That was going to be my next suggestion .is it a OE alternator? ? Just a fyi if it ever goes out get a 97ohv alternator. .bolts up and is the 130amp over the older 70amp(think thats correct numbers for amps)
yes it's and OEM alternator. Seems pretty simple. Just disconnect negative cable, 3 fasteners and disconnect the few wires right?

yes it's and OEM alternator. Seems pretty simple. Just disconnect negative cable, 3 fasteners and disconnect the few wires right?
Yep..shouldnt take you anytime

Back