Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Does the keypad light up when you swipe it? It would also be helpful if you added the 'trim' level (Base, XLT, etc.) to your profile so it appears in the margin. If it doesn't light up check fuse 18 in the cabin fuse box. If that is bad then you should also have other indications, again, depending on which trim you have because it also controls 3rd row power seats enable and push button ignition run indicator.
It could also be a bad touch pad. A few members have had to replace theirs.

Peter
The keypad on my xlt does light up when you touch it, not swipe it. It stays lit when I enter the code but doesn't respond.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It happened to me, took it to the dealer under W and they replaced the entice keypad. Problem solved.

If you are out of W try getting one, either used (not recom) or new (recom) and DIY job, save some bucks.

BM

If the pad lights up then it does have power. As Bobby has noted replacement of the pad did repair his. I am confident you will need more help to correctly identify the causal part. It may be wiring from the pad to the Body Control Module or it may in fact be the pad itself. I would offer my assistance in the final diag. Just drive over and I can use my scan tool to identify the concern.:)

Holding the 7-8 & 9-0 should only lock/arm your vehicle. If that one doesn't work I would go the route of replacing the keypad.

Glad I found this thread - we've been having issues with ours ever since we bought it used. Sometimes the code would work first try, other times it would take more than 5 tries. Same with the locking combination.

SECURICODE keypad has never worked!

I bought at 2013 Explorer in August of 2012 and from my first attempt to use the keypad code on the door it never worked. Since then time has gone by, life has been busy, I never took it in to get looked at, and now here I am out of warranty and it is still not working! :(

It lights up, locks itself when I touch the numbers too many times (like it is supposed to do) and even let me add a new personal code to it from my touch screen in the vehicle. Yet STILL, neither code works, it does not lock, it does not unlock, nor does it open lift gate.

It just lights up, stares at me, and laughs.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE?

I had the same problem with my 2013 XLT. The service adviser told me they had a lot of bad pads out there but it was still under warranty. New pad hasn't missed a beat in four years.

I have a 2015 Explorer that I bought new and I DO have the factory keypad number. I programmed only one code when I got it. The problem is, my 8 yr old daughter figured out that it you push all 1/2 on it, it opens. I have deleted all of the codes numerous times, and even factory reset the head several times. It doesn't matter what I've tried, all 1/2 presses still opens the door. I called the dealer and they hadn't heard of it and said to bring it in, bit I thought I would pick brains here first. Any ideas, besides a bad keypad?

You have a faulty touchpad (Securicode). Just pressing 1/2 should not activate anything.

Peter

Just to be specific, it has to be 1/2 button pressed 5 times to unlock it

Just to be specific, it has to be 1/2 button pressed 5 times to unlock it
That still should not unlock the doors. I tried it on mine with the doors locked and nothing happens.

Peter

Keypad on my 2013 Limited doesn't work at all.

Keypad on my 2013 Limited doesn't work at all.
Does it light up at all when you swipe it? Have you checked the fuse? There is a fuse for each.

Peter

I have a 2012 explorer XLT with the keyless entry system. It has never worked correctly since I bought it used about a year ago. It would work intermittently at first and now not at all. The keys light up when the door is opened or locked or unlocked with the key but does not respond when touching the keypad to activate it. I have the factory code and have reset the personal code several times with no success Any assistance or advice is appreciated.

I have a 2012 explorer XLT with the keyless entry system. It has never worked correctly since I bought it used about a year ago. It would work intermittently at first and now not at all. The keys light up when the door is opened or locked or unlocked with the key but does not respond when touching the keypad to activate it. I have the factory code and have reset the personal code several times with no success Any assistance or advice is appreciated.
Are you able to lock the Explorer by pressing the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously? If it doesn't respond then I suspect that you have an unserviceable keypad (Securicode).

Peter

No, it doesn't respond to pressing the pad it used to intermittently before, now it doesn't, just lights up when using the key or opening the doors.
is this a DIY repair or do I need to take to the dealer?

No, it doesn't respond to pressing the pad it used to intermittently before, now it doesn't, just lights up when using the key or opening the doors.
is this a DIY repair or do I need to take to the dealer?
I thought I read where a member did it themselves but haven't found the post.
I did a 'Search' and found this thread but no DIY instructions beyond removing the 'B' pillar; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/b-pillar-removal.389519/

Peter

Forscan with an Bluetooth OBDII Reader will let you see the status for each individual button press on the door's keypad.

The keypad is covered only under the 36k mile warranty unless you bought an extended service plan. Without a warranty, you will be charged diagnostic fee to check it.

When mine went bad, several buttons would 'flicker' when pressed (1 pressed registered a dozen times or more).

Don't know about the areas you park in, but while waiting to fix mine, I added a access code through the MFT for something like 66669 resulting in pressing the 6 once followed by 9 would unlock the doors.

I just bought a 2013 XLT. When the dealer was showing me all the features and went to demonstrate the keyless entry pad it failed so he agreed to have the pad replaced. I bring it in to the dealer on Wednesday for replacement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an intermittent problem with mine. Every button works fine, but when I try to lock it with the the 7/8 9/0 combo, it frequently won't work. The light on the keypad comes on, but it doesn't lock. After several tries, it will work. Never a problem unlocking, only locking.

Back