5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Here's mine - fit perfectly behind the grill.

all_star_explorer.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks really good!

Man, I kind of want one now. (If only to give the other bro trucks a little "you wanna dim those please?" nudge.)

Have you guys had any issue with air flow putting the light bar in the opening like that?

What make is that push bumper? I've been flirting with the idea of adding one to my Ex.

It's made by Westin. Part # 36-2005. It does NOT come with the top cover portion of the bar as it was designed for mounting other lights to it. I'll put a link to the cover below.

Bought it here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westin-36-2005-Black-Front-Push-Bar-/311611323859?fits=Model:police+Interceptor+Utility&hash=item488d7b75d3:g:7z8AAOSwZJlXNUgl&vxp=mtr

Light Channel Cover
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GPNQ9V0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just add a Setina push bumper to the front and add a Whelen Dual Pioneer like I did to mine ;)

explorer.jpg

Just add a Setina push bumper to the front and add a Whelen Dual Pioneer like I did to mine ;)
That particular one is more than likely going to interfere with anyone that has Adaptive Cruise and or Collision Avoidance since it is mounted in front of the radar/sensing unit as indicated in my post above. The one shown in post 30 was narrower.

I've searched here, on the internet, and You Tube. I can only find one picture with a Light Bar installed on a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport. Y'all have any other photos you've seen?

Hey guys.. i am considering an LED light bar across top of windshield and wondered if anyone has done it on their ride..

I think it would look amazingly menacing and have found a couple white bars that would match my white exploder sport.

Andy recommendations or experience..?

I'm putting a curved 20" Black OAK LED 200w lightbar behind my bottom grille, its getting wired to a relay with my high beams as the trigger.

I have one on my Side by Side and its fantastic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm putting a curved 20" Black OAK LED 200w lightbar behind my bottom grille,............
Isn't that where the Active Grille Shutters are located on the models that have them?

Peter

Back