purchasing husky liners | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

purchasing husky liners

Correct, the upper left portion is different.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did Ford finally make the left dead peddle area bigger in the 2017 models? I'm only 5'8 but have issues with the lack of room for my left leg

Did Ford finally make the left dead peddle area bigger in the 2017 models? I'm only 5'8 but have issues with the lack of room for my left leg

If they did it wasn't much.......

If they did it wasn't much.......

The Left foot room at the "dead" pedal has increased about 2 inches from the 2014 to the 2017.
It feels substantial.
My laser fit weathertech liner that I moved over has a large gap at the pedal.

Got our X-Act contour husky liners for our 2017 and noticed that they no longer have that extra lip over the door sill plate. It sits nice and flush against it just like the weather beaters we had in our 2011.

Got our X-Act contour husky liners for our 2017 and noticed that they no longer have that extra lip over the door sill plate. It sits nice and flush against it just like the weather beaters we had in our 2011.
I believe the Husky Weatherbeater model still does.

Peter

well that sucks... so now the questions, does it fit as it should or is there alignment issues (left foot pedal) as stated above. also, what is everyone elses thoughts, weather tech (which was redesigned for 17, or the husky still (wanted the sill coverage)

just went to husky site again...weird 2017 explorer no longer shows liners available. wonder whats up

well that sucks... so now the questions, does it fit as it should or is there alignment issues (left foot pedal) as stated above. also, what is everyone elses thoughts, weather tech (which was redesigned for 17, or the husky still (wanted the sill coverage)

just went to husky site again...weird 2017 explorer no longer shows liners available. wonder whats up
I resent an email to the contact that I had been in touch with asking about the fit issue and never did get a reply. Perhaps they actually redesigning it or have pulled it off the market. I'll try again.

Peter

Glad I found this post. The sport track I just bought didn't come with floor liners. I expected as much in buying a used vehicle. But the floor is too slick for comfort when driving. I bought cheap floor mats from autozone but they slip all over the place. I even tried stick on Velcro but it doesn't don't work. Seems like the husky weatherbeaters are a great option. I will be ordering once I navigate the rest of their site to see if they have anything else I want.

Newbie here with some questions.

Just brought home our new 2017 explorer sport yesterday. Now trying to get a few things. Looking at Husky vs Weatherteck. We have the 2nd row buckets with no console. Will be using the 3rd row seats for the kids with access being between the two second row buckets so lots of dirty kid feet going here. It looks like the Husky have way more coverage in this area with the WT having no coverage here. Would it be safe to say that the only redesign in the 2017 is the front? Could I go ahead and order the 2nd, 3rd row,and cargo liner from Husky in the 2016 model with out any fit issues on the 2017. I could then just get cheap mats for the front until the new design is ready from Husky.

I resent an email to the contact that I had been in touch with asking about the fit issue and never did get a reply. Perhaps they actually redesigning it or have pulled it off the market. I'll try again.

Peter

let us know.
also went to the weather tech site. looks like their set comes up to the sill now? if you look at the complete and just 1st row it doesn't appear that way. but if you look at the 1st and 2nd row set it, does look like they cover the sill.
http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2017/explorer/floorliner-digitalfit/2nd-row-explorer/bench-seating/

WT's are rigid, but state they have a coating on them for non slip. anyone have these and is it true? when they get wet are they slippery?

after a trip to the shore for a week and football 4 times a week I really need to get something

Non-slippage is a must. I was looking at weathertechs as well; don't really have a preference as long as they do their job. Not sure to go with the Huskys or WTs.

got a reply from WT

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

We apologize for the confusion. The first two full set photos in the "Set" menu are labeled as "Representative Images" to give you an idea of the pieces you are purchasing gin the sets. The close ups of each single row are accurate images and labeled as "Shown in Ford Explorer" or for the 1st row "Ford Explorer FloorLiner". So the door sill is not covered in either the 1st row or 2nd row, linked below for reference:

http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2017/explorer/floorliner-digitalfit/2nd-row-explorer/bench-seating/

got a reply from WT

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

We apologize for the confusion. The first two full set photos in the "Set" menu are labeled as "Representative Images" to give you an idea of the pieces you are purchasing gin the sets. The close ups of each single row are accurate images and labeled as "Shown in Ford Explorer" or for the 1st row "Ford Explorer FloorLiner". So the door sill is not covered in either the 1st row or 2nd row, linked below for reference:

Since so many are buying the Husky liners for that extra coverage, I just don't understand why WeatherTech doesn't update their liners to match or offer the option.:dunno:

Peter

just got this follow up email from my original Husky email

"Just discovered that Ford has added a carpet mat retaining post on the passenger side. We have a new part that accommodates this hook."

but nothing regarding the driver side.....

The weathertechs definitely lose shape over time. My silverado floor mats are getting near dangerous tripping levels with a few of the corners, and i take meticulous car of my vehicles.

Spoke with CS at Husky today. She put me on hold and spoke with the engineer, who said that the 2017 mats are new, and would be available and on the website by the end of October.

Spoke with CS at Husky today. She put me on hold and spoke with the engineer, who said that the 2017 mats are new, and would be available and on the website by the end of October.

Husky Weatherbeater were posted today, but only for the cargo area and the 2nd Row. Must be a redesign for the 3rd Row, too.....
https://www.huskyliners.com/products/2017/ford/explorer

Still waiting on X-Act Contour.

Husky Weatherbeater were posted today, but only for the cargo area and the 2nd Row. Must be a redesign for the 3rd Row, too.....
https://www.huskyliners.com/products/2017/ford/explorer

Still waiting on X-Act Contour.
Might be in the market for them in the near future depending on whether a deal for an existing dealer Platinum from another lot goes through today or if an order has to submitted.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might be in the market for them in the near future depending on whether a deal for an existing dealer Platinum from another lot goes through today or if an order has to submitted.

Peter

Because I am taking delivery of my new Limited tomorrow, I went with a different route. It will require a little more work.

Ordered from AutoAnything.com (it is a division of AutoZone). In a chat, prior to purchasing, they said that they guarantee the ones they are selling (as '2017 Ford Explorer X-Act Contour') will fit the vehicle. I even mentioned that I had spoken with Husky about a redesign. They said that they would refund me, and I could swap them out, if Husky does in fact release a new X-Act Contour design. I emailed this chat transcript to myself upon conclusion of the chat.

They also have a generous price matching policy (good for one year from date of purchase). I looked online, and found cheaper prices for the part numbers at sportcompactwarehouse.com. I opened up a new chat, told the CSR the website address and their total, and he came back with a new offer (12% off MSRP - $8 cheaper than SCW). He then provided a secure link, and I clicked through and purchased.

Now, I can set price alerts on Amazon/etc., and just relax knowing that I will have the mats in my car right away. And, if they are updated, I can simply contact autoanything, and they will swap them out. I had never done business with them before, but their customer service was absolutely top notch. Quick and efficient online chats. Seems to be a fantastic company.

Hope this helps.

Back