Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post number 199 has been selected as best answered.

Hey, guys. Hoping to see some more pics! Just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited. Considering a lift, since it is so low to the ground.. I'm afraid I'm going to drag just going down my driveway. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I took a road trip to San Francisco with my wife and kids a few weeks back and snapped this picture near Twin Peaks, figured I'd share.

PS - my wheels might be for sale soon! :D

Are you going to be at SEMA again this year?

Are you going to be at SEMA again this year?
Yup - my best friend will have a Focus ST in the Ford display and my brother and I will have two vehicles with Honda. The Explorer won't be there at the show by my wife will be driving it out there later on in the week.

Hi folks,
I just installed the Traxda 102040 on my 2013 Explorer. So far, I've only installed the front and I may leave it that way. The main purpose of doing this was to (re)increase ground clearance at the front - I have a bull bar and a front mounted hitch on my Explorer and this was lowering the front. I doubt the bull bar had much to do with it but the hitch was damn heavy (Curt 31052).

The only pain is that, when I put the wheels back on, I put on my winter rims & tires which are larger than my all seasons and so I don't have a true measurement of the actual lift achieved. I'll need to take another measurement in Mar/Apr and get back to you! ;)

S

NewB from California and here is my 2017 2.3 ecoboost lifted with the traxda lift. I only installed the front spacer though. Running 17x9 +18 with 265/65 and no rubbing. Someone had asked if it was possible to run 17s on an EX with factory tow package, the answer is yes, I have it.

image1_3.jpg

NewB from California and here is my 2017 2.3 ecoboost lifted with the traxda lift. I only installed the front spacer though. Running 17x9 +18 with 265/65 and no rubbing. Someone had asked if it was possible to run 17s on an EX with factory tow package, the answer is yes, I have it.

That looks great!

Did you install the level kit, which raises the front by 1.25", or the front spacers from the lift kit, which raises it by 2.25"? If you did the 2.25" spacers, does the front now sit higher than the rear?

Cheers,

Mike

That looks great!

Did you install the level kit, which raises the front by 1.25", or the front spacers from the lift kit, which raises it by 2.25"? If you did the 2.25" spacers, does the front now sit higher than the rear?

Cheers,

Mike

I installed the spacers from the lift kit which claims 2.25" but after all said and done I got about 1.75" - Even with bigger tires. The front does sit about 1" higher than the rear. I installed the rear spacers over the weekend and it brought the rear about 1" higher than the front, which I did not like, so I uninstalled.

No lift with sport/PI lowering 20mm and the 265/60-18 Michelin ms2 are getting 1.1 mpg better than the PI 245/55-18 GY Eagle RSA-Police without a pcm re flash so it's really like 2 mpg, way softer ride too!

Wanting to trade my PI rear trunk set for rear seat belts and floor inserts including space saver spare!

Hi guys
Hope I'm posting this in the right place

I been trolling on here for about a month.I wanted to do all my homework before I posted my 2012 ford explorer xlt “Project E1"

With all the home work I did here this is what I ended up doing.....
MODS:
>xtrada lift kit
>BF goodrich 260/65 18 all terrains (I didn't want to go bigger because I didn't want rubbing issues and didn't want to eat gas constantly, I wanted to keep the stock 18" wheels (saves money plus I think they look great)
>powder coated my stock 18" wheels to black
> a curt 13100 receiver hitch with wire harness
> thule Canyon xt basket with extension and cargo net
> thule roof rack fairing
>eBay aftermarket running boards
>powerstop slotted rotors and breaks
> LED fog lights
>k&N cold air intake
>front push bar
so far I'm very happy with it , I lost 1MPH on the speedo and lost about 2 miles per gallon in gas
here are some pics ....enjoy! \

hi
Has anyone lifted their 16 Sport? If so and problems or concerns to watch for. I would like to adds 2.5/1.5 lift to mine.

hi
Has anyone lifted their 16 Sport? If so and problems or concerns to watch for. I would like to adds 2.5/1.5 lift to mine.
Welcome to the Forum Joe.:wave:
Using the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right) I found this thread and merged yours with it. There are members who have 'lifted' their Sport.

Peter

hi
Here's my 2016 with the Traxda kit - trimmed the body mount spacer up front and the pinch rail to clear the 305's, everything else is stock.

I'll play along now that I finally have a half decent picture of my 2016 Sport. This was on display in the Ford booth at this past SEMA Show along with a few others.

Some of the modifications include full color change, Traxda lift, 20x11" ADV.1 ADV10R wheels wrapped in 305/50/20 Toyo A/T II tires, Wurton light bar, MagnaFlow Exhaust, full interior and some other goodies. I'll try and get some real shots soon!

Found some more pictures from SEMA:
http://www.motoroso.com/FordSEMA/Project/561de0a47382e/All-Star-Explorer-Sport#profile

Here's my 2016 with the Traxda kit - trimmed the body mount spacer up front and the pinch rail to clear the 305's, everything else is stock.
I don't see any picture of yours.:dunno:

Ordering my lift kit tonight!!! This was a great thread to read!

Tires - about 300 bucks per (saving 100 ea compared to the stock size).
Wheels - about 160 per.
Lift kit - 275 bucks.
Having a 5th gen Ex rolling white letter BFGs...PRICELESS. Pics to come once it all gets here and installed. Stay tuned...
EDIT: Having a 5th gen Ex rolling white letter BFGs...About 3 grand in repairs every year or more.

And now the rest of the story... 15K miles later, I need new front axles and engine mounts and a RH rear upper strut bushing that is not available from Ford. I'll be going back to stock height and stock wheels and tires. It was fun while it lasted but
Explorer.jpg
I hate myself for doing this lift, etc. Just keeping you informed. Apparently, individual results may vary.

That looks really good.:chug:

EDIT: Having a 5th gen Ex rolling white letter BFGs...About 3 grand in repairs every year or more.

And now the rest of the story... 15K miles later, I need new front axles and engine mounts and a RH rear upper strut bushing that is not available from Ford. I'll be going back to stock height and stock wheels and tires. It was fun while it lasted but View attachment 96123 I hate myself for doing this lift, etc. Just keeping you informed. Apparently, individual results may vary.
What size are your BFGs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are they noisy?

Back