2017 Black Mountain EF trip May 19-21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Black Mountain EF trip May 19-21

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
I have been a member since 2004 and have yet to attend a trail ride or a meet with anyone from the forum. I plan on changing that, but I need your help.

Join us May 19-21 2017 at Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Area for three days of camping, wheeling, story telling and good times. Black Mountain does require a pass and the Putney trailhead has a camping fee. You can view these prices and registration form on the links below.

http://www.harlancountycampground.com/

http://www.blackmountainoffroad.com/

Feel free to share this to any who would be interested.

If you plan on making the trip please add your name to the list below.

Attending:
Four0Sport (Jack)
Gman
Burns
Birdy
5spdman
Yostyexplorer94

Maybe:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Always wanted to go to Harlan Adventure park, after seeing their park online. I do believe that is destination I can make and reasonable for others in the mid-west to the east coast regions. I do not believe a trip to Moab in 2017 will happen for me, and a closer destination (cheaper) would be feasible.

Let's try to make this happen! :)

I'd likely be in. Been planning to hit a big park or 2 next year.

I was at Dirty Turtle in Bedford Kentucky this summer and highly recommend it :)

..just sharing and giving a bump for your thread ;)

I've driven past the turtle a few times but never stopped.. ill have to change that.

I can smell the Kentucky mist and taste grilled brats already. I kinda gotta thing for wheeling and camping.

Ideas on dates?

Last minute a Race car driver called me up and asked me to go...said all I had to do was ride in the passenger seat,I couldn't pass that up. :burnout:

Any chance I get to go all the way out there again, you can bet I'm doing it...my kind of people. ;)

April or may would be my preference as June and July are out the question for me. I would also be down for a fall run and planned on hitting Uwharrie then too.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! I have not been out in five or more year! That needs to end.

I plan to be there and would love to check out Black Mountain!

Can I propose two dates: May 19-21 or May 26-28? (Does that count to how much I want to be there?

I'm going to suggest May 19-21 as to miss the Memorial Day weekend crowd. I will get in touch with the Putney Trailhead to see if they have a schedule for next year yet.

Itll be good to finally meet you guys.

No events planned that weekend at Harlan, so lets go with May 19-21.

I informed the owner of the Putney Trailhead that I would be bringing a group from Explorerforum.com, I may have bragged about how big of a deal we are lol

I'm with gman...Moab isn't in the picture this year, but a trip 7 hrs south is extremely do-able...at this point, count me in!

Four0Sport would it be ok for me to rename the thread since a location is specific and edit your first post to start a list of those who can come. Just get organized early.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I changed it up a little, feel free to tweak it Burns.
You nailed it!

I am in the Philippines now and will be in Singapore for the rest of the month. I am excited to see who is coming when I get back to the states.

Back