Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 277 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hi do you have any issues with your cv boots with the 3 inch lift thanks

The only time I've ever had an issue with the boots is when I've had to re-used old clamps on them. I have, however, cracked CV ball cages in the front due to some serious offroad abuse (with cheap Chinese CVs), but with the BTF control arms I'm able to change out a front axle in 15-20min on the trail if I need to which is amazing to be able to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just want to show off the new up date with the light on

20161203_132933.jpg

20161203_132938 - Copy.jpg

20161203_133139 - Copy.jpg

The only time I've ever had an issue with the boots is when I've had to re-used old clamps on them. I have, however, cracked CV ball cages in the front due to some serious offroad abuse (with cheap Chinese CVs), but with the BTF control arms I'm able to change out a front axle in 15-20min on the trail if I need to which is amazing to be able to do.
what brand axles are you using. cause i had 3 inch and i blow out like 2 or 3 of then in no time and 1 or 2 with the 2.5 inch lift all with the btf control arms

i put the rancho high lift in i haven't replace any of the axles i am going thru hub tho

I think we all go through hubs like water sadly. I always keep a spare with me in the vehicle. I have been buying the Cardone axles from Rockauto and they seem to be better than the Driveworks ones from Advance.

I think we all go through hubs like water sadly. I always keep a spare with me in the vehicle. I have been buying the Cardone axles from Rockauto and they seem to be better than the Driveworks ones from Advance.
are they A-1 CARDONE or CARDONE SELECT

I had my BTF lift for a almost 2 years now and no issues with my axles. But then again my spacer is only 2" in length. But I did have to change my passenger wheel hub last week. I couldn't stand the grinding and vibration coming from the front! I might just do the driverside as well.

Thought I would throw this before (Bottom) and after (Top) of my Ex, put BTF spacers on the front end only on Tuesday. Wanted to level mine out and kill some of the rubbing, which they did the job perfectly. just did 1.25" in the front. Put me a half inch lower than the back, looks perfect now.
PhotoGrid_1377099863913_zps00b65adf.jpg

and a side shot
20130821_092344_zps7c097b7d.jpg
@wheelin'explorer. Did you have to cut the strut bolt a little to make the 1.25" spacer work. How do you think a 1.5" would look? I want to level mine out with the rear which doesn't have a rear spacer

Here's the new roof rack. I'm gonna redo it in bed liner.

20161104_144702.jpg

New headlights. I installed the halo kits myself. They're LED Concepts. I also got a 20' light bar that's going on the bull bar and 3' cubes for the roof. Christmas was pretty good!

20161229_170313.jpg

20161229_202638.jpg

This is CRAZY! I love this...
Thanks!

We usually get minimal snow here in San Diego. You just have to drive to the mtns. The Third gen explorer just looks right in the snow!
EC832428-B5DE-4A97-A670-A725FD2C8035.jpg

400E2C6E-F3F0-44C8-A6A7-3265F1E0AF4A.jpg

151 no word on the fogs?

Yes I was wanting to know about the amber fogs, such as why you use them, where they come from, do they work better in certain conditions etc. Thanks so much.

Yes I was wanting to know about the amber fogs, such as why you use them, where they come from, do they work better in certain conditions etc. Thanks so much.

The yellow is supposed to penetrate through the fog better than white light. Don't know if that's true but for me I prefer the look of it that's all.

Thanks 151 the lights look great, and I really appreciate the info. Might I ask where you obtain these?

Decided to change up the look...
IMG_0760.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back