Track Your New Explorer Order Website | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Track Your New Explorer Order Website

Still waiting on mine. 10 weeks

10 weeks waiting to be able to view it online!? Or 10 weeks and still not delivered?

I was told to expect delivery between late February and Early March. Kind of ambiguous, but I'm hoping on the earlier side. I just want to be able to track it in the system online for now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

10 weeks waiting to be able to view it online!? Or 10 weeks and still not delivered?

I was told to expect delivery between late February and Early March. Kind of ambiguous, but I'm hoping on the earlier side. I just want to be able to track it in the system online for now.
Until delivery. But still waiting. Five days from Kentuckyto Mississippi! Not even in Louisiana as of yesterday. Still has to be picked up by trucking company and sent to dealer for prep which takes another day.

Until delivery. But still waiting. Five days from Kentuckyto Mississippi! Not even in Louisiana as of yesterday. Still has to be picked up by trucking company and sent to dealer for prep which takes another day.

Well I hope you get it soon. I'm hoping being in the Metro Detroit area they can truck mine here a little faster!

Mine took about a month between the dealer placing the order, and it showing in the COTUS tool with a full VIN. I'm told that is typical.
Ordered on Nov 15th, build is scheduled to start Jan 6th, and delivery is estimated as Jan 26th. I expect getting it across the border adds a few days.

Simon

Hi all. I ordered a 2017 Sport and just received my DORA (status ta the top says **Internet Submitted**. the tracking website doesn't show my order, and my DORA only shows a partial VIN. I assume it will just take a few days for the order to be viewable online using the Order#/Dealer/Last Name search... is this typical?
Orders aren't "swept" into Ford's system until tonight. So probably Monday or Tuesday before it shows.

Thanks for the responses everyone... Seems like I just need to learn to be patient. That's not something that comes easy to me!

Mine took about a month between the dealer placing the order, and it showing in the COTUS tool with a full VIN. I'm told that is typical.
Ordered on Nov 15th, build is scheduled to start Jan 6th, and delivery is estimated as Jan 26th. I expect getting it across the border adds a few days.

Simon
Hmmmmm, dealer must not have the allotment. Mine was ordered on Nov. 14, built on dec 13th.

I think it's likely they build them in batches (colour, options, Canadian spec? Etc) and you were slotted into an earlier batch.

It's unlikely that they simply build them to order first-in-first-out.

Simon

Order Update:

Order placed at dealership: 12/30/16
Order Acknowledged by Ford via DORA: 1/2/17
VIN received, listed as "In Order Processing" per cotusb.ford.com (No Build Date): 1/13/17

Hopefully I will get a build date soon and be able to check out the window sticker

Order Update:

Order placed at dealership: 12/30/16
Order Acknowledged by Ford via DORA: 1/2/17
VIN received, listed as "In Order Processing" per cotusb.ford.com (No Build Date): 1/13/17

Hopefully I will get a build date soon and be able to check out the window sticker
Looks like things are moving along. The Window Sticker is usually posted 3-4 days prior to the actual build. I'm guessing that may be towards the latter part of February.

Peter

Looks like things are moving along. The Window Sticker is usually posted 3-4 days prior to the actual build. I'm guessing that may be towards the latter part of February.

Peter

Looks like you were spot on. Estimated delivery date just popped up in the tracking, 2/19/17. Fingers crossed for no setbacks

So the site now shows the vehicle as "In Production" but the window sticker link still has not appeared. Anyone else have this issue?

hmm still no sticker there either, but im sure its coming soon. Grats on the delivery!

So the site now shows the vehicle as "In Production" but the window sticker link still has not appeared. Anyone else have this issue?
I'm not sure if that means it is actually being built or not. You can also try using Ford ETIS to see what it shows. It will show everything that is on the vehicle a few days to a week after it has been built. https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Peter

I have got VIN for my explorer, status shows in production since 31st Jan and message suggested Windows sticker available down, but I can't see such link.

Any suggestions?

I have got VIN for my explorer, status shows in production since 31st Jan and message suggested Windows sticker available down, but I can't see such link.

Any suggestions?
Did you try the links in posts #1 and #55? In production doesn't necessarily mean it is being built.

Peter

Hello Peter,

I did try # 55 and it show only following info

Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Explorer
Engine: 3.5L DOHC V6 Petrol T/C
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55

I am not sure what's Build Date means above... but that's okay...

If I check status at following link, still no Window Sticker link
http://www.cotus.ford.com/

Everything mentioned in Car info is oaky except for Interior color,

it shows
  • Exterior
  • Blue Jeans Color
which is correct

BUT
shows
  • Interior
  • Ebony Black
I have ordered "Medium Soft Ceramic" instead.

I called sales rep at dealership and he said don't worry he entered same color "Medium Soft Ceramic" in order...
I dropped same message at Ford.ca contact us (e-mail); they replied they don't have system to monitor / check client order info.

I hope I will get same color and won't need to wait for another car with that color interior....

Is it normal case?

PM me your vin and I will check OASIS.

It would not be the first time that a dealer order was submitted as miscoded.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello Peter,

I did try # 55 and it show only following info

Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Explorer
Engine: 3.5L DOHC V6 Petrol T/C
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55

I am not sure what's Build Date means above... but that's okay...

If I check status at following link, still no Window Sticker link
http://www.cotus.ford.com/
Not sure what the date means either. The Ford reps here are able to provide updates on orders although I'm not sure about the interior option. You can always send them a PM and ask them what info they can provide.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?conversations/add&to=FordService
Also PM thefranchise713 above and provide him with your VIN to see what he can do for you.

Peter

Back