• Register Today It's free!

Radio no sound on AM/FM

sienna2

Reaction score
City, State
Doylestown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Hi all! Looking for help. FM radio sound not working. It's not the speakers, music sound through USB and Bluetooth etc. FM radio shows, can change stations, just no sound.
thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What about AM and Sirius, do get sound on those? Just to clarify, you are getting sound using Bluetooth and USB?

Peter

Hi all! Looking for help. FM radio sound not working. It's not the speakers, music sound through USB and Bluetooth etc. FM radio shows, can change stations, just no sound.
thank you!
What about AM and Sirius, do get sound on those? Just to clarify, you are getting sound using Bluetooth and USB?

Peter
Am/fm no sound. USB, Bluetooth, and Sirius radio all have sound

Am/fm no sound. USB, Bluetooth, and Sirius radio all have sound
Sounds to me like a problem with the radio. Sirius and AM/FM use different antennas but even if there was an issue with the AM/FM antenna I would think that you would at least pick up something that would produce sound.

Peter

Anyone ever heard of an issue the MFT Sync2 having no audio when on AM/FM? I was just on a 4 hour drive out of state so I was listening to Sirius. When I got home I switched to FM and there was no sound, nothing on AM either. Both Sirius and USB are fine.

I tried a Master Rest and disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes, still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Anyone ever heard of an issue the MFT Sync2 having no audio when on AM/FM? I was just on a 4 hour drive out of state so I was listening to Sirius. When I got home I switched to FM and there was no sound, nothing on AM either. Both Sirius and USB are fine.

I tried a Master Rest and disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes, still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I have merged your thread with this existing one found using the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right).
I don't know what the issue is but possibly the Radio Control Module (RCM). Is you antenna intact?.

Peter

Anyone ever find a fix? I have the same issue. Navigation/BT/Sirius/USB all work but no AM/FM radio sound. 2011 Explorer Limited.

Anyone ever find a fix? I have the same issue. Navigation/BT/Sirius/USB all work but no AM/FM radio sound. 2011 Explorer Limited.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The members above haven't been seen here for the past 2-3 years. Perhaps someone will see this thread and have an answer. I don't know if it may be an issue with the ACM (Audio Control Module) or not. Seems odd it would only be faulty on AM/FM. Have you checked the antenna?

Peter

The members above haven't been seen here for the past 2-3 years. Perhaps someone will see this thread and have an answer. I don't know if it may be an issue with the ACM (Audio Control Module) or not. Seems odd it would only be faulty on AM/FM. Have you checked the antenna?

Peter
That was my next move. Not looking forward to tearing everything apart. Was seeing if I could get a definite before digging in. Appreciate it though.

That was my next move. Not looking forward to tearing everything apart. Was seeing if I could get a definite before digging in. Appreciate it though.
UPDATE: After a few weeks, I went out one morning and boom, it was working and has been going strong for a week. I was dreading tearing it apart and put it off, thank goodness.

UPDATE: After a few weeks, I went out one morning and boom, it was working and has been going strong for a week. I was dreading tearing it apart and put it off, thank goodness.
I have the same issue in my 2011 explorer limited. I have done the master reset and have disconnected the battery. But I also do not have any sound with Sirius. It tells me there is an error with Sirius. Blue tooth and CD both work fine. I am ready to replace the entire system. Maybe someone could give me some alternatives. Thanks

I have the same issue in my 2011 explorer limited. I have done the master reset and have disconnected the battery. But I also do not have any sound with Sirius. It tells me there is an error with Sirius. Blue tooth and CD both work fine. I am ready to replace the entire system. Maybe someone could give me some alternatives. Thanks
Does the AM/FM work?

Peter

Does the AM/FM work?

Peter
The radio stations appear on the screen yet no sound from either am or fm and now Sirius does not make sound either.
My Bluetooth and cd work fine.
The screen has been very delayed and getting worse. That's why I may just change the unit.

I was thinking perhaps it was the ACM (Audio Control Module) but I can't say for sure if the ACM is involved with the CD and Bluetooth. I wouldn't think that the screen being slow to respond would be connected to the same problem. The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is the so-called 'brains' behind MFT.

Peter

Some responses sound similar to what I'm experiencing: 2018 Explorer. AM suddenly stopped working - just static. FM would work off and on. Now, FM doesn't come in either. CD and Syrius okay. New antenna didn't fix the problem. Local dealers charge $200+ for a diagnostic, then parts and labor on top of that. Would welcome any advice on what the likely culprit is and how hard it would be to fix it on my own.

Some responses sound similar to what I'm experiencing: 2018 Explorer. AM suddenly stopped working - just static. FM would work off and on. Now, FM doesn't come in either. CD and Syrius okay. New antenna didn't fix the problem. Local dealers charge $200+ for a diagnostic, then parts and labor on top of that. Would welcome any advice on what the likely culprit is and how hard it would be to fix it on my own.
I wonder if it could be an issue with the Audio Control Module (ACM). I don't know if it controls all audio including Sirius and CD.
Are you receiving AM/FM signals? Does the radio stop on stations when using 'Seek'?

Peter

Thanks. I'm unsure how to answer your last question. Sometimes when using "seek" it briefly pauses on a few frequencies. Other times it zips through all the frequencies without pausing.

Thanks. I'm unsure how to answer your last question. Sometimes when using "seek" it briefly pauses on a few frequencies. Other times it zips through all the frequencies without pausing.
If it pauses on a frequency that means that the radio is receiving a signal.
Also, I sent you a private message this morning.

Peter

Back