Track Your New Explorer Order Website | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Track Your New Explorer Order Website

Thanks all for your help offer....

Peter I tried following thread, second post by you and that worked for me, I got Windows sticker and it has features and color selected by me....

How to find your Window Sticker

Not sure what the date means either. The Ford reps here are able to provide updates on orders although I'm not sure about the interior option. You can always send them a PM and ask them what info they can provide.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?conversations/add&to=FordService
Also PM thefranchise713 above and provide him with your VIN to see what he can do for you.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter I tried following thread, second post by you and that worked for me, I got Windows sticker and it has features and color selected by me....

Glad you found it. I had forgotten about that thread since so many people had trouble with it.
The build date should be in the lower right corner. Might start with 12017........

Peter

The build date is on the top, and on the bottom as peter said, of the window sticker you see online outside the "body" of the sticker. Something like 120170130, meaning built on January 30, 2017. Number on bottom in the body of the sticker in the middle in the date the window sticker was created by Ford, something like 01 25 17. The build date numbers will not appear on the window sticker you get with the car.

The build date is on the top, and on the bottom as peter said, of the window sticker you see online outside the "body" of the sticker. Something like 120170130, meaning built on January 30, 2017. Number on bottom in the body of the sticker in the middle in the date the window sticker was created by Ford, something like 01 25 17. The build date numbers will not appear on the window sticker you get with the car.
The only thing that I don't think is correct is that the number at the bottom in the middle is the date that you printed the Window sticker. I've noticed it change when I printed copies of my 2011 Sticker on different days and the date changed. The build date of my 2017 at the top and bottom shows it was built on June 21, 2016 and the date in the middle shows October 26, 2016. That is when I printed it off as I was picking it up on the 31st. You are right that the dates do not show on the actual Window Sticker. Not sure why unless the company figures it may deter some customers from buying a vehicle that has been sitting on the lot for a while, assuming a customer knows what the numbers mean.:dunno:

Peter

The only thing that I don't think is correct is that the number at the bottom in the middle is the date that you printed the Window sticker. I've noticed it change when I printed copies of my 2011 Sticker on different days and the date changed. The build date of my 2017 at the top and bottom shows it was built on June 21, 2016 and the date in the middle shows October 26, 2016. That is when I printed it off as I was picking it up on the 31st. You are right that the dates do not show on the actual Window Sticker. Not sure why unless the company figures it may deter some customers from buying a vehicle that has been sitting on the lot for a while, assuming a customer knows what the numbers mean.:dunno:

Peter
I'm talking about the date in the box above the printed date to the right of the Method of Trans box.. There is a code with the date at the end. Something to the effect of DJ101 N RB 2X 415 004693 01 27 17. The window sticker date being Jan. 27 2017

I'm talking about the date in the box above the printed date to the right of the Method of Trans box.. There is a code with the date at the end. Something to the effect of DJ101 N RB 2X 415 004693 01 27 17. The window sticker date being Jan. 27 2017
Sorry, I was thinking you were referring to the date at the bottom/middle that was outside of the main sticker boarder. I see what you are referring to now. Mine shows 06.14.16 which was 7 days prior to the build. Thanks for that correction and info. Wasn't aware of that. It's always nice to learn something new every day.:D

Peter

My car is in production status since 31st Jan and estimate delivery date is 25th Feb

1. In production since last 3-4 days, may not be true and status might have gone to next step?

2. Is there possibility of prepone estimate delivery date or it's always same or later date? Just curious...

I can see build/release dates in OASIS if you'd like, just need the VIN.

It's completely normal for your vehicle's expected build date to lag behind a few days. I think I lagged behind a couple weeks, actually. (I was at the beginning of the MY 17.)

My car is in production status since 31st Jan and estimate delivery date is 25th Feb

1. In production since last 3-4 days, may not be true and status might have gone to next step?

2. Is there possibility of prepone estimate delivery date or it's always same or later date? Just curious...
If the delivery date is shown as the 25th I would think that the 'Build Date' may be around the 14 or 15th. Just a guess though. Brampton is where the vehicles are off loaded from the rail cars and put on transports. At least that is what happened to my 2011. It was then trucked to my dealer just outside of Ottawa.

Peter

Ours had a build date of Aug 2 and it showed up at the dealer in Milton Aug 23 so 21 days from Chicago to Brampton to Milton for ours

For what it's worth, my window sticker was never displayed on the COTUS tool but I was able to use the other tools to look it up with my VIN. was available about 2 days after it went in to "Production" status. Also, the COTUS website is updated only intermittently. I had no updates, then it showed "Awaiting Shipment," In Transit," and "Delivered" completed all at once. With any luck the dealer is supposed to be bringing the new truck to my office sometime this afternoon

Ordered 2017 Explorer Platinum 20JAN2017, showed up in COTUS 28JAN2017, In-Order Processing completed 6FEB2017, Window Sticker available 7FEB2017 appears to show build date of 13FEB2017. Site says estimated delivery 11MAR2017. Anxiously waiting!!

Ordered 2017 Explorer Platinum 20JAN2017, showed up in COTUS 28JAN2017, In-Order Processing completed 6FEB2017, Window Sticker available 7FEB2017 appears to show build date of 13FEB2017. Site says estimated delivery 11MAR2017. Anxiously waiting!!
Welcome to the Forum Dave.:wave:
As always, the waiting is the hard part.;)

Peter

Production completed 13FEB2017, awaiting shipment completed 14FEB2017, In-Transit now. Estimated delivery date revised to 4MAR2017 now.

In Order Processing On : 01.31.17 (Completed)

In Production 02.09.17

Awaiting Shipment 02.14.17

In Transit - In process ...

Delivered - Pending ....

Destination - Mississauga, ON, Canada ...

any guess - how many days it takes from Chicago to Canada (ON, Mississauga)

Once it loaded onto the railcar and it gets under way it shouldn't take more than a couple days to get to Brampton. Then it's off loaded onto a transport to your Mississauga dealer. Looks like yours hasn't started travelling yet.

Peter

In Order Processing On : 01.31.17 (Completed)

In Production 02.09.17

Awaiting Shipment 02.14.17

In Transit - In process ...

Delivered - Pending ....

Destination - Mississauga, ON, Canada ...

11 days.

17th Jan - delivery date was 25th Feb
9th Feb - changed to 21st Feb
14th Feb - changed to 25th Feb
20th Feb - changed to 27th Feb
:shifty:
Is it in transit yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back