4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 49 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What kind of fuel economy do you get now? :p
Up by 6 mpg.

Nah haha. It's not much worse then stock believe it or not thanks to 4.56s. But I really don't pay any attention to it anyways. It's a joke either way. I have my TDI for my daily which gets me 50+ mpg's highway :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Up by 6 mpg.

Nah haha. It's not much worse then stock believe it or not thanks to 4.56s. But I really don't pay any attention to it anyways. It's a joke either way. I have my TDI for my daily which gets me 50+ mpg's highway :)

Haha! When I went from the stock 235/70-16 size tire to 255/70-16 I lost about 3 MPG (18.5 average to 15.5), but I of course kept the stock gearing which is imaginably why it went down so much. I just hate that Ford went with such small tires stock.

Finally got some new tires and wheels. Now they won't need air every other day. Looks SO much better now!

Wheels: Gear Alloy Endurance 739b
Tires: Nitto Terra Grappler G2 (265/65-17)
20161228_165510-1_zpscbqpf1wb.jpg

20161228_165550_zpsvn8dmbil.jpg

We had a little dusting yesterday in Philly area, 2-3 inches of snow in DelCo. Gave me an excuse to figure out how to post pictures of my Ex.
WP_20170107_003.jpg
WP_20170107_006.jpg
WP_20170107_007.jpg

Looks good AZ. Any lift or spacers, or did you just bolt them on?

The 2007+ Jeeps are 5x5 lugs so I added a 2.5" adapter. The rims have a big hollow where the studs just protrude so no trimming needed. She already had the spring spacer added when I purchased her 2 years ago so there is lots of room for the 32" tall tires.

I just found a sixth so I can rotate the spares into the lineup. Maybe get 60k with rotating every 5k between the 6 tires.

I call her Dora. 2.5" Truxx strut spacers, BFA Upper Control Arms, Tires 32x11.5, Rims MT Side Biter II 15x8. Once I got all that installed I took her out mudding. She's a lot of fun to drive down the trails.
1_zps2i69ux95.jpg
3_zpsllw7yfvc.jpg
2_zpszowvsk2e.jpg

I call her Dora. 2.5" Truxx strut spacers, BFA Upper Control Arms, Tires 32x11.5, Rims MT Side Biter II 15x8. Once I got all that installed I took her out mudding. She's a lot of fun to drive down the trails.
1_zps2i69ux95.jpg
3_zpsllw7yfvc.jpg
2_zpszowvsk2e.jpg
You must be an Aussie! Those beautiful tail lights !

1_zps2i69ux95.jpg
3_zpsllw7yfvc.jpg
2_zpszowvsk2e.jpg

Nice!

Did they sell the Explorer and Everest at the same time there? I see now they only have the Everest on the Ford NZ website.

If you don't mind my asking, and this for anyone who knows to answer, where can one get those wheel well flares? I've done a little looking on ebay, and can't find anything that looks that legit.
I think he had them custom made.

i believe the style you are looking for is part of the iron-man edition explorer not sure the part numbers for the fender flairs maybe someone on here with the iron-man can chime in with that.

i believe the style you are looking for is part of the iron-man edition explorer not sure the part numbers for the fender flairs maybe someone on here with the iron-man can chime in with that.
Unfortunately the part number is on the parts website. However they discontinued the parts for the ironman fenders. As for most ironman exclusive parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back