Track Your New Explorer Order Website | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Track Your New Explorer Order Website

yes ... in transit since 02.14.17 :dunno:
I saw that date in your previous post but when I saw "processing" after the "In Transit" status I took that to mean that it was awaiting transit since there was no date. Can your dealer confirm that it actually is in transit?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now it's showing delivered on 20th Feb 2017 :)

Called dealership, and salesperson is on leave.... hmmmmm..... left voicemail for the manager for next steps.....

I remember, when I got my first car in USA, I was allowed to take car with 5 days insurance paid by dealership. I don't think it works same way in My Canada, I'm citizen now hmmmmm :) ......

So what should be I ready with, insurance for new car or anything else also I need to be ready with?

Now it's showing delivered on 20th Feb 2017 :)

Called dealership, and salesperson is on leave.... hmmmmm..... left voicemail for the manager for next steps.....

I remember, when I got my first car in USA, I was allowed to take car with 5 days insurance paid by dealership. I don't think it works same way in My Canada, I'm citizen now hmmmmm :) ......

So what should be I ready with, insurance for new car or anything else also I need to be ready with?
You can do your insurance thing before you pick up your Explorer. I've always done that ahead of time. All they really need is the VIN. Are you transferring your plates? I always do and the dealer has taken care of everything. They took part of my ownership card and had one of their people take it down to the local license bureau and everything was set and ready to go when I arrived to pick my vehicle up. The salesman even did the removal and install of the plates upon my arrival. You may also want to see the following although all I really did was a walk around; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...r-a-pre-pick-up-inspection-check-list.314373/

Peter

After couple of calls, finally someone called back to cover up for salesperson who is on vacation,

I sent insurance coverage documents, and called to know when can I pick the vehicle,

Bit surprised by response, it will take 2 to 3 days to clean the vehicle....

Is it normal to clean factory order vehicle?

I mentioned that I need vehicle on Friday evening, and now representative will try to make it available by Friday evening.

Although when I looked their site, they have listed that vehicle for further information... I hope I can get it on Friday evening....

..........Is it normal to clean factory order vehicle?
Yes it is. In addition they have to do a pre delivery vehicle inspection to ensure everything is good, such as fluid levels etc., and they fill up the tank.
There are protection covers to remove as well, inside and out. I also recall reading a post that indicated that something software wise has to be set once it is prepared for the customer.

Peter

Yes it is. In addition they have to do a pre delivery vehicle inspection to ensure everything is good, such as fluid levels etc., and they fill up the tank.
There are protection covers to remove as well, inside and out. I also recall reading a post that indicated that something software wise has to be set once it is prepared for the customer.

Peter

Thanks Peter for sharing your experience.

You can do your insurance thing before you pick up your Explorer. I've always done that ahead of time. All they really need is the VIN. Are you transferring your plates? I always do and the dealer has taken care of everything. They took part of my ownership card and had one of their people take it down to the local license bureau and everything was set and ready to go when I arrived to pick my vehicle up. The salesman even did the removal and install of the plates upon my arrival. You may also want to see the following although all I really did was a walk around; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...r-a-pre-pick-up-inspection-check-list.314373/

Peter

I have visited this thread, and it logs out me, on that page if I try to login for replying on thread, still I get logged out, I am not sure what's happening ?

My main question is - is such list of checking is possible ? What if some issue is found once we take car out? I don't know but don't dealership entertain issue found in with in 2 - 3 days?
I meant we are discussing Ford product ...

I have visited this thread, and it logs out me, on that page if I try to login for replying on thread, still I get logged out, I am not sure what's happening ?

My main question is - is such list of checking is possible ? What if some issue is found once we take car out? I don't know but don't dealership entertain issue found in with in 2 - 3 days?
I meant we are discussing Ford product ...
Not sure why it isn't working for you. I just tried it without any problem. If you want to check it out, the thread is currently on page 11 of the "Discussion" sub forum and titled Helpful Hints for a Pre-Pick Up Inspection / Check List
There shouldn't be any problems getting issues addressed at anytime after picking it up. At least there shouldn't be if you have a good dealership. I've established a very good relationship with mine which is a small town dealer. It was a family owned dealership established 62 years ago and was lately taken over by one of the larger ones in Ottawa, but there was no change in personnel.

Peter

Not sure why it isn't working for you. I just tried it without any problem. If you want to check it out, the thread is currently on page 11 of the "Discussion" sub forum and titled Helpful Hints for a Pre-Pick Up Inspection / Check List
There shouldn't be any problems getting issues addressed at anytime after picking it up. At least there shouldn't be if you have a good dealership. I've established a very good relationship with mine which is a small town dealer. It was a family owned dealership established 62 years ago and was lately taken over by one of the larger ones in Ottawa, but there was no change in personnel.

Peter
thanks for quick reply, I tried again, and same experience, page shows me sign-in option, but if I go to any other page it shows my login name 'sunafi'. but that's okay :)

I will for sure take printout of that list and have cordial relationship with dealer rep, testing so many things in front of a rep is itself annoying or funny to those guys, that's what I think.
I will test all these features after getting the vehicle. thanks...

My wife's Escape is dying quickly, so we went shopping on the weekend. She didn't like the new Escape, and loved the Explorer.
Feb 25 - Ordered an XLT, 4wd, 202a with the appearance package and power liftgate, magnetic color
updates to follow

My wife's Escape is dying quickly, so we went shopping on the weekend. She didn't like the new Escape, and loved the Explorer.
Feb 25 - Ordered an XLT, 4wd, 202a with the appearance package and power liftgate, magnetic color
updates to follow
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Congratulations on the new order. Now the hard part begins. Waiting and waiting and......;)

Peter

Production completed 13FEB2017, awaiting shipment completed 14FEB2017, In-Transit now. Estimated delivery date revised to 4MAR2017 now.

My delivery date changed a few times, from original of 11MAR to 4MAR, to 3MAR, back to 4MAR and then finally to 28FEB. On 25FEB, dealer told us it had arrived at railyard here in Jackson, MS and delivery date would be 28FEB. It didn't arrive on the 28th, but we did get it morning of 1MAR. So 5.5 weeks after we ordered, it was in our hands. Love it so far!!

My delivery date changed a few times, from original of 11MAR to 4MAR, to 3MAR, back to 4MAR and then finally to 28FEB. On 25FEB, dealer told us it had arrived at railyard here in Jackson, MS and delivery date would be 28FEB. It didn't arrive on the 28th, but we did get it morning of 1MAR. So 5.5 weeks after we ordered, it was in our hands. Love it so far!!
Congratulations Dave. 5.5 weeks is a very quick turnaround from order to delivery. Now all you have to do is update your profile.;)

Peter

How did you get yours so fast Dave?! I ordered mine on 23JAN and I'm still waiting patiently. I also ordered the XLT, but as the 201A with white platinum paint, trailer package, tech package and a few little extras (mats, roof cross bars).

So, here I wait with a car that has no brakes that I am trading in.

I wish mine were here! I want to drive a nice car! My old Corolla is so bad the Odometer doesn't even work anymore! It decided to give up at 299,999km. (I really can't complain about the old Corolla though. I used to commute 125km's one way every day with it for about 3 years and before that I drove 600 or so km's one way every week)

I'm not upset at the wait. I know they are busy. But, I keep dreaming it will come in early! hahaha..

Anyone else stare at this for three weeks? Ordered on February 14, still nothing shows up. Is anyone able to track my order for me outside of cotus? Thanks! Contacted the dealer and he said he is going to wait for a VIN and get back to me.

G4feIX.jpg

Anyone else stare at this for three weeks? Ordered on February 14, still nothing shows up. Is anyone able to track my order for me outside of cotus? Thanks!
The FordService reps are able to track orders however it seems that since the previous reps left, we have been left without any at all. At least there has been no response from them fro over a month despite PM's being sent.

Peter

How did you get yours so fast Dave?! I ordered mine on 23JAN and I'm still waiting patiently. I also ordered the XLT, but as the 201A with white platinum paint, trailer package, tech package and a few little extras (mats, roof cross bars).

So, here I wait with a car that has no brakes that I am trading in.

I wish mine were here! I want to drive a nice car! My old Corolla is so bad the Odometer doesn't even work anymore! It decided to give up at 299,999km. (I really can't complain about the old Corolla though. I used to commute 125km's one way every day with it for about 3 years and before that I drove 600 or so km's one way every week)

I'm not upset at the wait. I know they are busy. But, I keep dreaming it will come in early! hahaha..

No idea why our order was completed so fast, except that I think Gray Daniels Ford is the top Ford dealer in MS.

Anyone else stare at this for three weeks? Ordered on February 14, still nothing shows up. Is anyone able to track my order for me outside of cotus? Thanks! Contacted the dealer and he said he is going to wait for a VIN and get back to me.

G4feIX.jpg
Ordered ours on Feb. 13th, day before you. I dont really expect to see a VIN for another week or two, but I'm known to be wrong. What Priority level does yours have?

Ordered our Limited on 2/15, had the VIN in 2 days by doing the Order Lookup based off of Order Number, last name and dealer code. Was built and shipped on 03/09 and is in transit, currently scheduled for 3/27 delivery.

My order had a priority 10. I asked the dealer to send me a copy of the order preview sheet. This had the Order number and "lastname" that was submitted. The lastname had one of my initials in there. Once I had that, the order looked up no problem.

You can get the dealer code from Fords website. If you cant find your order by lastname try First Initial, Lastname without spaces. Example: JSmith

Also just try searching with the Order Number and Dealer Code. Don't put a last name in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered our Limited on 2/15, had the VIN in 2 days by doing the Order Lookup based off of Order Number, last name and dealer code. Was built and shipped on 03/09 and is in transit, currently scheduled for 3/27 delivery.

My order had a priority 10. I asked the dealer to send me a copy of the order preview sheet. This had the Order number and "lastname" that was submitted. The lastname had one of my initials in there. Once I had that, the order looked up no problem.

You can get the dealer code from Fords website. If you cant find your order by lastname try First Initial, Lastname without spaces. Example: JSmith

Also just try searching with the Order Number and Dealer Code. Don't put a last name in.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you checked out Ford ETIS? https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRe...id=BA6CE87F80DD755B70F5CC2FDD179C4B.eccvas502
Sometimes it takes a week or two to update the site but it will show everything on the vehicle.

Peter

Back