Colorado: anyone up for a run soon? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado: anyone up for a run soon?

2TimingTom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I've been on the trails in every month, but soon some trails will close for the season.

Devil's Canyon/Barbour Fork?

I know FR4x4 just did their cleanup run up there.

Or Bill Moore Lake/Red Elephant Hill/Mill Creek?

Just throwing out some ideas.

I should have new Heim joints today and hopefully no more wobble.

What's everyone's schedule look like?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd be up for a run. Depends on my work schedule. Set something up and I'll see if I can make it.

Tim

I have November 14th free but that might be to late in the year:eek:

Really there's no such thing as "too late in the year". It just drives trail selection. There's some trails near Woodland Park that are great in the winter because they are 2wd in the summer and it's an area that doesn't get (or keep) a lot of snow.

I'm game. New yellow top optima been treating me well. Ran Barbour last month, and part of Devil's for the cleanup, but had to leave early so havent done it all.

Up for whatever.

How's 11/7 sound? I can't do 11/14.

Pick the trail based on the weather. I heard the mountains are expecting snow Wednesday this week.

I put it on my calendar, but as I said, I'm flexible.

How about this weekend, a Halloween run!

I ran Barbour Fork area last weekend. I knew there was trails in there but never ran it. It was a very cool run, very challenging obsacles and close to Denver. I need to try out my winch, lets get out...

I've ran Barbour both directions a few times, I think it's equally fun either direction. I mentioned the other day we ran Bill Moore the day after the wind ripped up here all day. We came across a couple massive trees that came down across the trail. Took some time and 2 winches but we got it opened up.

As we found it:
20161018_1431122_zpsb3mago3j.jpg

20161018_1431232_zpsivrmppew.jpg

And how we left it:

20161018_1610382_zpsmudq6jxa.jpg

there's no bypassing the mudhole without going off trail now.

I might be able to do something this weekend if it's not too far from here. Cascade Creek is kinda fun and hooks up with a whole network of trails. Saxon and Spring Creek are the only 2 I stay away from.

Well now to get the 05 Explorer set up for wheeling. I traded my 98 Ford My 2014

Tim

I gotta get my 93 running and registered :) Hopefully soon to get some wheeling in this summer.

Well I am out for wheeling for now as the motor in my 05 just went south.

Well the 05 is gone. So no wheeling for this guy for a bit.

I gotta get my 93 running and registered :) Hopefully soon to get some wheeling in this summer.

Well Change that I have got to get my 96 registered then I am good. Should be next month if money comes together :) Will let you all know as soon as I am able to. :) Maybe do a rainbow falls or China Wall. :)

We were at rainbow falls last weekend. Snow was gone, went and looked at mini moab, HOLY CRAP!! Even our new 1st Gen on 35''s couldn't find a line up it!! It has been torn up!! Ended up running the gulches. Didn't get on metberry or long water till after dark so didn't go all the way on either one.

Hit mt. Baldy a couple days ago, really no snow to speak of till a ways past the lower overlook.

Made the first overlook on mt. Rosa but came to a spot where snow made the trail really off camber do still haven't made it all the way yet. Thinking about hitting China wall area soon, there's a ton of trails around there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh you got the gearing!! If I can make it anywhere up there on 35''s with 3.73's then you're golden!! Our 94 sport zips all over the place with 31''s on 3.73''s up there.

Back