Stereo on/off volume knob

MikeWL

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer LTD
Hello,
I recently bought an explorer and found that the volume knob was broken off. The on/off knob is fine. I didn't think it was a big deal but I've been searching for a replacement and I can't find one anywhere (without buying the whole stereo)
Does anyone know where I can find one?
Thank you in advance for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello,
I recently bought an explorer and found that the volume knob was broken off. The on/off knob is fine. I didn't think it was a big deal but I've been searching for a replacement and I can't find one anywhere (without buying the whole stereo)
Does anyone know where I can find one?
Thank you in advance for any help!
Welcome to the Forum Mike.:wave:
Do you have the Sony radio? If so, isn't the ON/OFF and volume control the same thing?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Mike.:wave:
Do you have the Sony radio? If so, isn't the ON/OFF and volume control the same thing?

Peter

Thank you!
Yes it is, but the part that rotates for volume is a seperate piece that looks like it can be removed and put back on easily. Unless it can't, and I need the whole part

Thank you!
Yes it is, but the part that rotates for volume is a seperate piece that looks like it can be removed and put back on easily. Unless it can't, and I need the whole part
I'm guessing that the Explorer wasn't new when you bought it. In any case, if the knob was missing when you got it I would think that the dealer should have to get it replaced. In looking at the fordparts.com website, they only show the entire faceplate and that isn't broken down. Looking at $900+ for that.

Peter

radio faceplate.jpg

Thank you!

Wow, that's steep!
Thank you Peter!

Look on eBay, and for junk yard wrecks. That's the only way you'll find it without replacing the whole thing. That's assuming it is replaceable without replacing the whole thing; a lot of them look like they can be, but actually can't.

I'm going this weekend to a "you pull it" yard. I'll find out then for sure but it does look like I need the whole plate. Thanks for the tips!

Back