Track Your New Explorer Order Website | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Track Your New Explorer Order Website

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Have you checked out Ford ETIS? https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRe...id=BA6CE87F80DD755B70F5CC2FDD179C4B.eccvas502
Sometimes it takes a week or two to update the site but it will show everything on the vehicle.

Peter

Ya i checked it before it was updated. But i was able to get all the details i needed from the Window Sticker when it became available. It has the build date in the upper margin. It wasnt linked on the ford cotus site (never showed up there), but i just swapped my vin with a link you'd find on dealer website.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2017 Explorer XLT 201a has been "In Production" since late last week on the cotus website. It says I should get delivery in around 15 days from today. Right now, as far as I can tell from the window sticker, I think the production date will be March 16.

I'm hoping it comes on time! I ordered it back on January 23rd, if I remember correctly. I'm getting pretty pumped for it! If it comes on time, it will have been around 9 weeks from ordering to delivery.

Hello everybody!
We've been car shopping and researching for about weeks now. Coming from a 2007 Lexus GS350 that we've owned for almost 10 years. It's been a great car and my wife's having a hard time thinking about parting with it, but 10 years of age on any vehicle and they start showing signs of age no matter how well you've taken care of them. Decided we want to try an SUV this time. Some too expensive, some too small or too big, some just don't have the look appeal to us. We drove an Edge sport and thought the ride was a bit harsh. Lincoln MKX-Nice but pricey when you add all the options. Drove an Edge Titanium and the Explorer Platinum yesterday and decided on the Platinum. Waiting for the Dealer to get one delivered in the color we want. (White Platinum/Soft Ceramic Interior) No other options. Dealer has 2 on the way that just shipped today according to the Cotus website. Pretty excited, but also nervous that were making the right choice. Haven't owned a Ford product since we got married almost 40 years ago, plus the size jump and coming from a Lexus that's been the most reliable vehicle we've ever owned.

Hello everybody!
We've been car shopping and researching for about weeks now. Coming from a 2007 Lexus GS350 that we've owned for almost 10 years. It's been a great car and my wife's having a hard time thinking about parting with it, but 10 years of age on any vehicle and they start showing signs of age no matter how well you've taken care of them. Decided we want to try an SUV this time. Some too expensive, some too small or too big, some just don't have the look appeal to us. We drove an Edge sport and thought the ride was a bit harsh. Lincoln MKX-Nice but pricey when you add all the options. Drove an Edge Titanium and the Explorer Platinum yesterday and decided on the Platinum. Waiting for the Dealer to get one delivered in the color we want. (White Platinum/Soft Ceramic Interior) No other options. Dealer has 2 on the way that just shipped today according to the Cotus website. Pretty excited, but also nervous that were making the right choice. Haven't owned a Ford product since we got married almost 40 years ago, plus the size jump and coming from a Lexus that's been the most reliable vehicle we've ever owned.
Welcome to the Forum Steven.:wave:
I can't promise that the Platinum will be as reliable as the previous Lexus but I've been very happy with mine in the short time I've owned it. Having had 3 Highlanders before I went with Ford, I can honestly say that I've experienced the same good reliability with both brands. Unfortunately there are also members here that have had nothing but one issue after another.

Peter

Update on my wife's order
Ordered Feb 25
Vin supplied March 13
Delivery according to Cotus is April 18

Our Platinum was ordered by the dealer as stock 2-1-2017. We have a deposit on and and the unit no longer shows in my dealer's inventory on the Ford website, so I guess they changed it to a customer order now. Now in transit and shows 4-3-2017 as delivery date. We're hoping it arrives no later than 4-3 as the current $2K incentive plus 0% for 60 months is only through 4-3-2017. Who knows what the incentives will be starting the 4th. My sales person thinks it might change to $2K OR 0%, not both like now. Who knows.

Our Platinum was ordered by the dealer as stock 2-1-2017. We have a deposit on and and the unit no longer shows in my dealer's inventory on the Ford website, so I guess they changed it to a customer order now. Now in transit and shows 4-3-2017 as delivery date. We're hoping it arrives no later than 4-3 as the current $2K incentive plus 0% for 60 months is only through 4-3-2017. Who knows what the incentives will be starting the 4th. My sales person thinks it might change to $2K OR 0%, not both like now. Who knows.
If the dealer treats it as a customer order than you have a choice of the incentives in place at the time of the order or the ones in place at the time if delivery/acceptance. One or the other but not both. The $1000 Costco membership discount popped up again recently here in Canada.

Peter

If the dealer treats it as a customer order than you have a choice of the incentives in place at the time of the order or the ones in place at the time if delivery/acceptance. One or the other but not both. The $1000 Costco membership discount popped up again recently here in Canada.

Peter

He is correct. You can verify by going to the ford website and "build" your explorer. At the end when you choose financing options if you choose one of their financing options (0%) you will lose the option to take a cash back incentive. If you insert your own financing it allows you to take the cash back.

He is correct. You can verify by going to the ford website and "build" your explorer. At the end when you choose financing options if you choose one of their financing options (0%) you will lose the option to take a cash back incentive. If you insert your own financing it allows you to take the cash back.

Right now in California you get Both the $2K and 0%. My sales person's thought is that starting 4-4 it will change to $2K Or 0%.

Right now in California you get Both the $2K and 0%. My sales person's thought is that starting 4-4 it will change to $2K Or 0%.
As I mentioned in post #107, it all depends on how the dealer treats the process.

Ordered our Limited on 2/15, had the VIN in 2 days by doing the Order Lookup based off of Order Number, last name and dealer code. Was built and shipped on 03/09 and is in transit, currently scheduled for 3/27 delivery.

My order had a priority 10. I asked the dealer to send me a copy of the order preview sheet. This had the Order number and "lastname" that was submitted. The lastname had one of my initials in there. Once I had that, the order looked up no problem.

You can get the dealer code from Fords website. If you cant find your order by lastname try First Initial, Lastname without spaces. Example: JSmith

Also just try searching with the Order Number and Dealer Code. Don't put a last name in.
Priority 10 makes all the diff. Mine was ordered 2/13 and haven't got a VIN yet. Considering priority 19, it's expected.

Thanks Peter. Dealer allocation can get a bit complicated, but still a good read for everyone.

Back