Shipping | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shipping

The dealers internal tracking system is very accurate and is updated many times a day.

Here is my fusion on order and you can see the date/times it is updated. It is actually quite amazing how exact their tracking system is while it is on the move.

Screenshot_20170325-230358_zps3xd9nycm.png

Screenshot_20170325-230638_zpsyond0m9z.png

Screenshot_20170325-230650_zpszi3qzjwd.png
This looks much better then when i used to track vehicles for members of other forums before i retired from ford. I hope it's the new norm and not just a fluke. Maybe ford was fast-tracking this particular train. Normally rail updates are, or where slow to come by from what i seen. I suppose a lot could have changed/automated since i got my last paycheck. As far as my Explorer goes, i'm not expecting much tracking. It'll be a "awaiting for shipment" to "delivered" since it's just a 7hr drive and will definitely arrive by truck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This looks much better then when i used to track vehicles for members of other forums before i retired from ford. I hope it's the new norm and not just a fluke. Maybe ford was fast-tracking this particular train. Normally rail updates are, or where slow to come by from what i seen. I suppose a lot could have changed/automated since i got my last paycheck. As far as my Explorer goes, i'm not expecting much tracking. It'll be a "awaiting for shipment" to "delivered" since it's just a 7hr drive and will definitely arrive by truck

Well when I ordered my 2011, it was the same system and same updates.. I remember getting updates as it crossed from Chicago through NY to MA and then from truck in MA to NH. So at least this is how I've seen my tracking for the past 6 years.

Not sure how many fit on a transport, but my dealer has at least 6 other vehicles sitting at the holding area along with ours. Seems like they just don't have the capacity to move them all that fast.

Could be backlog then. I believe it is 7 cars/suvs or 5 trucks (superduties) that fit (don't quote me).

Well-Yesterday my wife calls the dealership to find out if our Explorer had arrived and was told by the Sales Manager on shift (Our Manager was on days off) that it was still in Milpitas. My wife was calm but voiced her disappointment that the vehicle has been sitting in the holding center just 35 miles away for over a week. We got a voicemail shortly after from the Manager stating that he had called the depot, and that they were going to make sure and deliver the Vehicle sometime today. Now the VIN no longer is showing as valid on the COTUS website. Not sure why that is?

Well-Yesterday my wife calls the dealership to find out if our Explorer had arrived and was told by the Sales Manager on shift (Our Manager was on days off) that it was still in Milpitas. My wife was calm but voiced her disappointment that the vehicle has been sitting in the holding center just 35 miles away for over a week. We got a voicemail shortly after from the Manager stating that he had called the depot, and that they were going to make sure and deliver the Vehicle sometime today. Now the VIN no longer is showing as valid on the COTUS website. Not sure why that is?

I am somewhat in the same boat. Vehicle can be red flagged (there is a code I don't want to publish on the forum) to be delivered as an emergency/important vehicle. I am somewhat in the same boat as you. I planned a business trip this weekend to fly out (about 3 hour drive from the dealer) so my company could pay for the flight lol. Then I have a hotel and rental car setup to get me to pick up the fusion and drive it home. It's been sitting since 3/21 in Flatrock (less then an hour from the dealer) with an ETA of 3/26-4/1. Financing ends on 4/3... So if it doesn't show by 4/3, I lose out on the financing, I'm staying in a hotel longer with a rental car longer because we only bought a 1 way ticket.

I just sent an email to the shipper to find out if they can tell me whether it will be there by 4/1. Waiting on a response from them.

Transport company just emailed me back.. car will be delivered tomorrow lol.

May want to find out who the transport company is for your Ex and email them direct.

I emailed Jack Cooper who is one of the largest and they got back to me within an hour saying they weren't the contracted one and referred me to United Road. I emailed them 40 minutes ago and they just got back to me with the delivery date.

Back