Ordered Silver 2017 Explorer Platinum for my Wife | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered Silver 2017 Explorer Platinum for my Wife

Take it from someone who processes warranty claims from 4 manufacturers. When you reach 36,000 the systems will not allow you to file a warranty claim. Exception being a Demo extention or other special circumstances. Goodwill is possible depending on the manufacturer, but a normal warranty claim will not be possible.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take it from someone who processes warranty claims from 4 manufacturers. When you reach 36,000 the systems will not allow you to file a warranty claim. Exception being a Demo extention or other special circumstances. Goodwill is possible depending on the manufacturer, but a normal warranty claim will not be possible.

If the dealer enters in the correct mileage at time of purchase then yes it will be possible. I will have to find it because I posted it before direct from Ford in writing when we had this discussion in the last.

Either way, anything over 15 miles on a new vehicle is unacceptable to me.
Try leaving the lot and try giving the car back after driving a few miles and see what happens.
I just hope the green window sticker is identifying a customer order and a red flag to those picking a nice ride home for the day. Take somebody's car that don't mind and beliefs he's getting a better car.

Either way, anything over 15 miles on a new vehicle is unacceptable to me.
Try leaving the lot and try giving the car back after driving a few miles and see what happens.
That's because once it has been sold and registered it is considered a 'used' vehicle and can no longer be sold as new. That has nothing to do with the dealer or the manufacturer.

Understood. The only difference is that it's been registered. otherwise it's a used vehicle when they drive it home and return it next morning all the same in my opinion.
Just because they can drive our cars on public roads without registration is wrong and has absolutely no purpose. which makes me wonder if all manufacturers give themselves this perk or if it's just ford.

In production. Should be done by tomorrow. Looks like it might beat the ETA of April9-15

In production. Should be done by tomorrow. Looks like it might beat the ETA of April9-15
Did it just move into 'Production' yesterday Pete? I've seen sit in that state for several days.

Did it just move into 'Production' yesterday Pete? I've seen sit in that state for several days.

There are different stages of "in production". As soon as it is "sent to plant" it is considered "in production". It will move to "produced" once it has been completely and then it will be "released".

Mine fusion that I'm picking up on Tuesday was in production for 7 days. "sent to plant" then once it was produced it left the line to go to the body shop where they put the 3M film on the front of the vehicle, side mirrors, door handle etc, returned from body shop and then it was inspected and released.

But if all is normal, it takes less then 24 hours to go from the line to released for shipment.

scheduled to be build (March 30) and was started some time during that day
Produced on March31, when it was finished
Been to Auto Warehousing today and is already sitting on the Ramp at the Transport Company, waiting to be shipped.
Definitely well ahead of the ETA and most importantly, it hasn't been driven home by someone!

Something new, at least to me. Wasn't available when i tracked my last factory ordered vehicle in 2012. Just thought I'd check and and voila..... Kind of curious how this works....
http://www.cassens.com/pages/tracking/

Boring day i guess.....bottom is hard to read, but appears to be the Police Vehicle upfitter
loading%20ramps2_zpso7uq1l8s.jpg

Picture of the Chicago rail yards that I've posted before.

Chicago Rail Yard.jpg

I've seen that, but they sure dont look alike....here's a close up of the whole rail-yard
loading%20ramps3_zps4n6wefpf.jpg

Your pic says Markham, IL. Found it, and although there are some vehicles being loaded onto rail cars there, they may not be Fords. Also to far from the Plant. Thoughts?
Thats a small operation there. Could be that those are for export only

I have no clue why they would load railcars at 2 different locations. If they are in fact fords, they'd convoy them over there or just drive them the 15 miles. Seems like a big pain, but looking at the whole ford property and the way it is all laid out, having to deal with the highways to get to various lots seems odd too. I've been to a few ford plants, (chicago not among them) and none had such a cumbersome layout. Must have to do with it starting off a lot smaller and growing into what it is today. Makes me wonder why the heck they'd shutter some younger plants with much more property.

ETA change this morning, from April 9 - 15 to April 5 - 11 .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cassens Transport has our EX in cue and assigned it's vehicle transport ID. I don't expect Ship date/time to show up till it leaves the yard.

Back