Grill Guard Anyone? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grill Guard Anyone?

Oriditi

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
I am in the market for a 2004 Ford Explorer Grill Guard. I have been searching and searching craigslist and other types of markets and coming up short with finding a cheap alternative to buying a new one. If you don't care for yours anymore or simply want to sell yours please feel free to get a hold of me.

(Didn't really read the rules of the forum, hopefully I don't get banned for posting a request ad)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am in the market for a 2004 Ford Explorer Grill Guard. I have been searching and searching craigslist and other types of markets and coming up short with finding a cheap alternative to buying a new one. If you don't care for yours anymore or simply want to sell yours please feel free to get a hold of me.

(Didn't really read the rules of the forum, hopefully I don't get banned for posting a request ad)

I'm in the same boat. At this point I may have to either drop about $250 (the cheapest ove seen) on a new full brush guard, or Paypal someone if an add pops up somewhere for a used one. There's cheap bull bars on eBay, however I'll probably hold off for a full guard. One question I have is if the brush guard mounts into the tow hook mounting holes, then can I not have tow hooks unless I fab something to have both?

occasionally I see them on craigslist. They are usually gone in about a day though.

Last one I saw was $50.

occasionally I see them on craigslist. They are usually gone in about a day though.

Last one I saw was $50.
Yeah there was one that had a set of taillight guards with it for $50, but it was about 100 miles out... I really regret not making the drive for it
Those are good prices, do you or anybody you know have this specific one?

Yeah there was one that had a set of taillight guards with it for $50, but it was about 100 miles out... I really regret not making the drive for it

Lol, I'd be willing to drive a good ways for one...

There's one in nowhere, KY off an 09 for $150.

I don't, but I was going to order the bull bar for my Mountaineer from them, it's only $99 plus shipping.

I don't, but I was going to order the bull bar for my Mountaineer from them, it's only $99 plus shipping.
Are those the ones on EBay? I've seen them and they are so cheap that I'm considering them
Lol, I'd be willing to drive a good ways for one...

There's one in nowhere, KY off an 09 for $150.
So do the 4th gen full on brush guards still fit our 3rd gens? I know the mounts are the same, but I feel like the headlight guard areas may not look that good with our different front end

I am not sure if they are the same ones as on ebay..

I think the mounting is different on the 2006-2010 than it is on the 2002-2005, so they aren't interchangeable.

Back