Livernois tune experience | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois tune experience

Since the current thread has been closed, I guess I can ask the question here.
For Livernois:
I'm interested in getting the 'n/a tuner' for my 15 XLT. Is it my understanding that the full array of tunes will be available in the tuner that I order? Also, I'm really interested in the 'tire size' function. Your information on this says, " Where available". This means what(?) and will this feature be included in the turner I may order? Also, I already have a K&N cold air installed if that is necessary information. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since the current thread has been closed, I guess I can ask the question here.
For Livernois:
I'm interested in getting the 'n/a tuner' for my 15 XLT. Is it my understanding that the full array of tunes will be available in the tuner that I order? Also, I'm really interested in the 'tire size' function. Your information on this says, " Where available". This means what(?) and will this feature be included in the turner I may order? Also, I already have a K&N cold air installed if that is necessary information. :thumbsup:

Your tuner will arrive to you completely blank, and ready to read info that will give us your factory calibration. You email that info to us, and we build you your tunes. When they are built we provide you with an app to download to your PC. This app will allow you to connect to our secured remote tuning server. All that you have to do is click "Update Tuner", and that will send us your factory calibration. Once we get that info to our calibration department we will have your custom tuning files ready for you in 24-48 hours. Whenever your tunes are ready to put onto your handheld we will email you letting you know that you can plug your tuner back into your PC and update the tuner again. After that, just load your tune onto your car and have fun!

If you are modifying your overall tire size (different wheel and tire size that equal a different overall diameter) we can tweak the tuning to adjust for the different tire size. All that you have to do is tell us what that overall diameter delta is as well as approximately how far off your speedo is.

Your tuner will arrive to you completely blank, and ready to read info that will give us your factory calibration. You email that info to us, and we build you your tunes. When they are built we provide you with an app to download to your PC. This app will allow you to connect to our secured remote tuning server. All that you have to do is click "Update Tuner", and that will send us your factory calibration. Once we get that info to our calibration department we will have your custom tuning files ready for you in 24-48 hours. Whenever your tunes are ready to put onto your handheld we will email you letting you know that you can plug your tuner back into your PC and update the tuner again. After that, just load your tune onto your car and have fun!

If you are modifying your overall tire size (different wheel and tire size that equal a different overall diameter) we can tweak the tuning to adjust for the different tire size. All that you have to do is tell us what that overall diameter delta is as well as approximately how far off your speedo is.

Thank you for this information. Clears up the questions I had and a few more I didn't ask but, quite appreciated. This will make it easier in my decision to buy. :thumbsup:

hi. do you have any newer versions available? i had mine last september 2015 i think :)

@Livernois

Can you guys do a tune for 89 octane? I realize it isn't optimal, but that's whats available to use here.

@Livernois

Can you guys do a tune for 89 octane? I realize it isn't optimal, but that's whats available to use here.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Is this tune for your Infiniti?

Peter

I know nothing about tuning but can a Platinum be "tuned" to respond like a Sport? Things like the EPA S (WTF is that?!?!) and the power distribution shifting to 50/50 at times? (I read too much for my own good.)

I know nothing about tuning but can a Platinum be "tuned" to respond like a Sport? Things like the EPA S (WTF is that?!?!) and the power distribution shifting to 50/50 at times? (I read too much for my own good.)

Purchasing tune gets you modified software that changes HP, TQ, and Transmission shifting.

EPAS stands for Electric Power Assisted Steering

Power distribution is through software and the Power Transfer Unit (PTU) it's not changed with a tune.

Sport has different suspension, steering ratio, wheels, and a few others that can't be modified

EPAS

Peter

2016 Sport, just installs the Livernois tune and all I can say is WOW! Intake, 3 bar MAP sensor and 93 octane tune and this thing is a beast! This is what these trucks should be!
Service was awesome too. Sent my strat codes in around 9am and had tunes by noon. Questions answered almost immediately, so very impressed, have modified so many vehicles and never have had this level of customer service. Will continue to do future business with them as I build my truck!

2016 Sport, just installs the Livernois tune and all I can say is WOW! Intake, 3 bar MAP sensor and 93 octane tune and this thing is a beast! This is what these trucks should be!
Service was awesome too. Sent my strat codes in around 9am and had tunes by noon. Questions answered almost immediately, so very impressed, have modified so many vehicles and never have had this level of customer service. Will continue to do future business with them as I build my truck!

Installed the Sport Level 2 Performance Package and 3 Bar Map Sensor. I've been driving around like an asshole for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I've taken on Challengers, Grand Cherokees, Other Explorers, Mustangs, Mitsubishi's, Infinity's, Mercedes (most were all stock except for a few with LOUD mufflers) and pretty much beat them all if not kept up with a few of them through several stop lights. I got to stop before I get a ticket. :p

wifi or bluetooth?

which is suppose to be better?? wifi or bluetooth??
what are some of the top brand names too? i would like to get a good OBDII adapter!
bluetooth is for android and windows.... apple devices can only connect via wifi dongle.... if someone already posted this sorry for not reading through the whole thread .... I use bluetooth on my tablet and phone "android" and my windows laptop.... I use a mix of the torque app and forscan

I lived down the street from LMS and used to go in there all the time when I had my roush f150 and 04 terminator.... great place all around and possibly the last high po shop in the state of MI.... They know their way through the ford pcm like no other and I believe they still do alot on the the performance development for ford

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol same thing here. This thing squats and goes! A neighbor has a new Grand Cherokee SRT, would love to see how the 3-row Ford does against a 500hp Chrysler... besides drinking all the fuel in the world.

Back