Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only) | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

A big Thanks to the OP and others for figuring this out. Was able to get remote start on my 2013 XLT. I have a question though, from what
I've been reading that the heat will only come on if the outside temp is 32 degrees or less and the heated seats will turn on somewhere below 30 degrees.
Just wondering if its possible in Forscan to change the temperature that they turn on. Would like them both to come on at 40 degrees or less.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm sure some of the members familiar with Forscan will be able to help. I always have mine set on 'Auto' and garage the vehicle. Have only used remote start occasionally in Winter and when I get in after 10 minutes or so everything is nicely warming up. Cabin and seat. I rarely use the cooled seat feature.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A big Thanks to the OP and others for figuring this out. Was able to get remote start on my 2013 XLT. I have a question though, from what
I've been reading that the heat will only come on if the outside temp is 32 degrees or less and the heated seats will turn on somewhere below 30 degrees.
Just wondering if its possible in Forscan to change the temperature that they turn on. Would like them both to come on at 40 degrees or less.

I don't think this has been figured out...yet.

I have been looking into remote start for my 2013. I can't find 5 button keys at a reasonable price though. Any help appreciated.
Jack

I have been looking into remote start for my 2013. I can't find 5 button keys at a reasonable price though. Any help appreciated.
Jack

I purchased my key Here...$60
http://replacemyremote.com/products-by-make/ford.html
It was a refurbished OEM key says SA on the blade. Which means its an 80 bit key.
That web site also sells new OEM keys and cheap Chinese copies. Stay away from the Chinese
ones. They have a very limited range. Like 1 foot !!. They will have an S on the blade which means
their a 40 bit. They will start the car fine but won't work for any remote operations. I purchased 2 of them from another
web site remotesremotes.com and had to return them. They were very good about refunding my money. Paid $22 bucks
each but they were worthless.
Read the description of the keys at replacemyremote.com and is you want there is a live chat there which I also
used. You can't return keys at that web site so choose wisely.
My local Ace hardware cut my keys $1 each.

I found that one but it looked like Chinese knock off to me.

I bought two refurbs from them. Genuine OEM. Can't speak for the new ones, but I didn't see anything to make me suspicious.

So it turns out the dealer didn't properly enable my remote start. I edited 726-19-01 in the BCM with Forscan and now it works perfectly.

So it turns out the dealer didn't properly enable my remote start. I edited 726-19-01 in the BCM with Forscan and now it works perfectly.

If I remember correctly you said you had all the remote start options in the cluster and that turning on/off remote start in the cluster had no effect. The cluster would change that same info for line 19. That tells me your vehicle has bigger issues.

If I remember correctly you said you had all the remote start options in the cluster and that turning on/off remote start in the cluster had no effect. The cluster would change that same info for line 19. That tells me your vehicle has bigger issues.
I did not have to edit 720-01-03 in the IPC. 726-19-01 was set to 0047 when I first read the car. I'm not exactly sure what they did. I still have the seats and wheel options in my options however. I just set them to off. The instructions for the IPC didn't make a whole lot of sense. Instead of just four characters as the values in the first post would suggest I have ten so I wasn't sure what needed to be changed to C8F3.

Hello Everyone, (I have gone through the thread) new owner of a 2013 XLT ... so just making sure before I spend the money
I don't have push to start :(
I found the part that is under the hood so I'm good there.
My vehicle came with only one 4 button remote key. I read that I need two regular 4 button keys to even program a five button w/remote start ... correct?
And even then I should get two 5 button remotes ... correct?

Thanks
~Rennie

Hello Everyone, (I have gone through the thread) new owner of a 2013 XLT ... so just making sure before I spend the money
My vehicle came with only one 4 button remote key. I read that I need two regular 4 button keys to even program a five button w/remote start ... correct?

Thanks
~Rennie
Just wanted to say "Welcome to the Forum".:wave:
I'm sure a more knowledgeable member on this topic will be responding.

Peter

Thanks
~Rennie

Correct.

Thanks
~Rennie
Why two? My wife does not need it. Just me.

Thanks Jon and everyone for your reply :) I told my husband about the remotes and I showed him the sites that were mentioned. I even told him about the Chinese knockoffs that you all mentioned but he insist on purchasing them from ebay. I will keep you all posted on how this goes. I hope I don't have an issue finding a dealer that will enable it for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Jon and everyone for your reply :) I told my husband about the remotes and I showed him the sites that were mentioned. I even told him about the Chinese knockoffs that you all mentioned but he insist on purchasing them from ebay. I will keep you all posted on how this goes. I hope I don't have an issue finding a dealer that will enable it for me.

Just buy a cable and download Forscan. It's much less expensive than the dealer, and if you follow the instructions here, you'll have no trouble doing it.

Back