What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 54 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been meaning to buy a GoPro but my connections aren't returning my text messages to them! So over the weekend, I went to the Apple Store in Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL and purchased a Osmo Mobile dji selfie/edit stick. I fooled around with it all day Sunday and shot a few videos but had a lot of fun with the software editing features and shot this.

Once I really figure out how to use it, I'll get better with shooting videos. That's what I need a GoPro or two to stick to my ride when I finally go to the track with it. Hope it's not to cheesy!

Once you put the bug deflector on can you take it off and put it back on? or is it a permanent thing? And that is a Nice Ride!!

Once you put the bug deflector on can you take it off and put it back on? or is it a permanent thing? And that is a Nice Ride!!
I believe the deflector is just held with screws if it is anything like the ones I had a few years ago. It had small self stick rubber 'bumpers' that you stick to the hood at determined intervals that hold the deflector away from the hood.

Peter

I believe the deflector is just held with screws if it is anything like the ones I had a few years ago. It had small self stick rubber 'bumpers' that you stick to the hood at determined intervals that hold the deflector away from the hood.

Peter

Thanks Peter

Thanks Peter
I suppose that those little rubber bumpers could be stuck to the deflector if one wanted an easy removal at some time. There are other types that just protect the hood from chips etc. and are not an actual 'deflector'. The deflectors have a bit of a lip along the edge that changes the wind flow to a small degree. Unfortunately while is does lessen bug splatter it doesn't eliminate it. I think the one in the video you quoted is just the protector.

I suppose that those little rubber bumpers could be stuck to the deflector if one wanted an easy removal at some time. There are other types that just protect the hood from chips etc. and are not an actual 'deflector'. The deflectors have a bit of a lip along the edge that changes the wind flow to a small degree. Unfortunately while is does lessen bug splatter it doesn't eliminate it. I think the one in the video you quoted is just the protector.

Yeah I think that is just the deflector. That's all I'm looking for, something to deflect from chips. Seem to have a few nicks right were my explorer badge is. The other option is a bra but that just doesn't look right.

Did the blackout Exhaust Tips today, should have been this way from CAP.

They sell the Sport as a Black Out Edition, it's the only chrome other than the lug nuts.

Ford%20Explorer%20Exhaust%20Tip%20Single%20Black.jpg

Ford%20Explorer%20Exhaust%20Tip%20Mounted%20Single%20Black.jpg

I treated my fading, blotchy black cladding with RENU. I studied the different products and various reviews and I was convinced that this particular product was the best for my needs. The longevity seemed to be good. I even asked a detail guy and he said his products only lasted a few car washes but the reviews seemed to suggest RENU lasted a long time. So, I gave it a try.

It LOOKS good on day one. I'll post some pictures later and I'll keep track of how long the treatment lasts. Did the cladding all around the perimeter of the Exp plus the area behind the windshield wipers.

I treated my fading, blotchy black cladding with RENU. I studied the different products and various reviews and I was convinced that this particular product was the best for my needs. The longevity seemed to be good. I even asked a detail guy and he said his products only lasted a few car washes but the reviews seemed to suggest RENU lasted a long time. So, I gave it a try.

It LOOKS good on day one. I'll post some pictures later and I'll keep track of how long the treatment lasts. Did the cladding all around the perimeter of the Exp plus the area behind the windshield wipers.

Are you referring to the plastic cladding around fenders and bottom of doors?...........I need something that lasts the rain up here......most products shows rain streaks and dull out after one wash or one rainfall.

Are you referring to the plastic cladding around fenders and bottom of doors?...........I need something that lasts the rain up here......most products shows rain streaks and dull out after one wash or one rainfall.

Yes, essentially the front and rear "bumpers" and the plastic cladding along the side. I also did the area at the base of the windshield. Here's a before and after pic of my back...of course it's only been one day and no rain. The preponderance of good reviews (and I read quite a few) led me to choose RENU. Time will tell.

Cladding&RENU.jpg

Here's the side cladding after an application. It was a little overcast today so the photo isn't as bright but the RENU made all the cladding on the side a uniform, dark black. It was quite grey in some spots prior. Top photo is the BEFORE view.

SideCladding.jpg

Looks good, I'm hoping it lasts a while and doesn't fade. It will be the first product that actually works, I have tried lots of others that last one rainfall and washes off or shows streaks.

What a difference! Did you use only one application? Looks really nice...

What a difference! Did you use only one application? Looks really nice...
Double application on the back only where chalking was the worst. The rest was a single coat. You apply, wait a few minutes, buff off excess. Applicator and buffer included in the package.

Last week I took my family for the first long drive in the Exp. 425 miles to Southern California. Ran like a top, my aunt said sitting in the second row was very comfortable. I left the single 3rd row seat up for my daughter so she had her private "****pit" area and enjoyed it. Even with that 3rd row seat popped up, we had enough room for everyone's luggage. Car ran fine, no issues, and a very smooth drive.

Added NatoMount. Its nice. It is legal to have phone mount and tap or swipe in California. Ease of mounting phone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm so glad to see someone more OCD than me...........keep the posts coming to, its good evidence when I get hauled into "Wife Court" for spending too much time on my Sport.

Back