4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 50 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2006 Limited that I bought in January to replace my 1997 Explorer. As purchased....
JPiQyXs.jpg

Today...
MO30Eyz.jpg

06WzRch.jpg

Only mods so far are the tinted windows it came with, the Ford Edge 22" wheels I added and I wrapped all the stock wood grain trim in carbon fiber.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

received_224366498058571_zpsdds1t0t0.jpg

My 2007 premier running 33s w/o lift (strut spacers ordered)

Bigger tires, roof rack, and more lights :)

Thinking about Traxda next but I kinda like how full the wheel wells are..
Also heres a video of the lights at night since you can't tell how bright they are in the day,

First stage is just the headlights,
Second stage is headlights + bull bar light
Third stage is Head lights + Bull Bar " Roof lights

Loving the side spot lights at night!

AnAMV6n.jpg

Zk4ttiy.jpg

Sorry for the spamming of photos!
Threw a bug-deflector on her and let her model in the Sunset :D
4WFHiXh.jpg
I like it! I think i may have seen your truck on the road briefly last Sunday. Or maybe somebody else's nice black Gen 4 Ex. I was dropping off my son in Wildwood. Heading back to Cape May area early tomorrow to pick him up. I like the look of the tires too. What size? Any lift?

I like it! I think i may have seen your truck on the road briefly last Sunday. Or maybe somebody else's nice black Gen 4 Ex. I was dropping off my son in Wildwood. Heading back to Cape May area early tomorrow to pick him up. I like the look of the tires too. What size? Any lift?
Small world man! This was taken on Sunday at Brigantine beach so you may have saw me on the expressway or white horse Pike depending on time of day !
They are 265/65R18 with no vertical lift but they do have 1.5" wheel spacers to give a wider stance. There was rub at full turn on the front end but was easily fixed by pulling the inner plastic piece of the wheel well forward by drilling two small holes in the plastic and using heavy duty zip ties to pull the plastic away from the tires, all is good at full turn now!

Dang, that's a huge improvement! Looks good!

Wow! Looking great!

Some random pics of my Explorer...
WP_20170316_002.jpg

At home...
WP_20171103_001.jpg

At work...
WP_20171201_001.jpg
WP_20171201_002.jpg

hunting upstate...
WP_20171112_003.jpg
WP_20171112_005.jpg

With my co-pilots...

What grill guard is that?

DSCN0359.jpg

DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0352.jpg

DSCN0342.jpg

DSCN0338.jpg

DSCN0339.jpg

DSCN0336.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that is one clean ass ***** right there

you havent trimmed the chin spoiler for the bull bar?
Haha thanks, I try to keep it polished. If you get up close you can see all the scratches from taking it off-roading through overgrown dirt roads and what not.
I pulled the chin spoiler completely off when I installed the bull bar. I realized later that it did offer some protection for the radiator from objects hitting it at higher speeds. I've been working on fabricating a skid plate or bar that will sit in front of the bottom of the radiator to give it more protection. I think I'll be able to utilize the mounts for the bull bar to hook the skid plate/bar up.

New to the lifted crew: Traxda spacers, 285/75/R16s, 16x8 +12 Pacer Soft 8s...trimming in the immediate future...UCAs, roof rack, and more in the near future!
53F1F3A0-4977-48C5-9AFC-6F4410CF10AE_zpszuhrd7bu.jpg
BF70C298-F56D-4A97-B82B-D0C01493D52D_zpse2mlnini.jpg

09CB84B3-B2D6-4504-B489-4CD25AA6BF29_zpsen6mplcy.jpg

Before:
42170983075_1c2d66fa8a_c.jpg

After:

255/60R19 Michelin Defender LTX M/S on 19" Niche Milan wheels. 20210710_170257.jpg

First time posting pics of my new rig!! I inherited it from my grandfather earlier this year. My dad and i flew to western PA to get it and bring it back home to CT. It was an awesome father son trip. She cleaned up really nicely with the 17x8 et30 cobra wheels and 265/65/17 BFG Ko2's after installing new brakes on all 4 corners (rotors, pads and calipers). Also installed a Pioneer double din radio and removed the running boards. She sure does look taller now! I was thinking about a lift but i think she sits just right. Now to get the A/C figured out (orifice?) and she'll be fit to be my new daily driver (hooray for no more car payment!!). Should i mention that it only has 31k miles on it?

I stuck a before picture in there for reference.

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

My 2006 Limited that I bought in January to replace my 1997 Explorer. As purchased....
JPiQyXs.jpg

Today...
MO30Eyz.jpg

06WzRch.jpg

Only mods so far are the tinted windows it came with, the Ford Edge 22" wheels I added and I wrapped all the stock wood grain trim in carbon fiber.
Did you have any issues installing the 22 inch rims and what size tire did you go with? I am surprised at how much room in the wheel well you have they look great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JPiQyXs.jpg

Today...
MO30Eyz.jpg

06WzRch.jpg

I am thinking about doing this exact wheel setup on my White Chocolate Tricoat 2007 Limited V8. What size tires do you have on it?

Back