No Remote Start App | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Remote Start App

I had to dig up this old thread for fear of it being amalgamated anyway.

Today I updated my iPhone7 to iOS 11 Beta 1 and guess what?........The Remote Access App is no longer supported.

I sent in a Support Ticket with SpinDance the software provider for Ford but if they dump this App there will be a big group of pissed off Ford owners that spent big money on remote access hardware.

I sent them a tech support question when my service lapsed in the beginning of the month. I told them I need to know if they were going to update the app to work with iOS11 as I wasn't going to renew until they have it updated. Absolutely no response.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I sent them a tech support question when my service lapsed in the beginning of the month. I told them I need to know if they were going to update the app to work with iOS11 as I wasn't going to renew until they have it updated. Absolutely no response.

I wasn't smart enough to wait and see if it would work with iOS 11 before renewing. I renewed June 1st unfortunately. Even in iOS10 Beta the App was slow and buggy but I could get it to open and start the Explorer. Now in iOS11 its dead.

I got this today...............

Unfortunately, we do not support beta versions of operating systems. I would recommend reverting back to the previous fully supported operating system to keep the app functioning at this time.

We are in process of upgrading the application and the timeline was established to ensure the upgrade was complete prior to the full production release of iOS 11.

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but I do not have another workaround to offer at this time. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

SpinDance Support Team

Just wanted to bump this thread, is anyone running iOS 11 Beta and also has a working Remote Start App?

Mine hasn't worked since June when I updated to iOS11......now on Beta 5 and still have a dead App.

May be a sale but Ford isn't even officially offering it any more. They removed it from the accessories site. Its going bye-bye due to SmartLink coming out. Who knows how long support will last for Remote Access. I would wait to get SmartLink.

May be a sale but Ford isn't even officially offering it any more. They removed it from the accessories site. Its going bye-bye due to SmartLink coming out. Who knows how long support will last for Remote Access. I would wait to get SmartLink.

I knew there was a reason behind the blowout, they never put that stuff on sale unless they wanna get rid of it.

Back