Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Hi. Being new to the world of Explorer, I am wondering about the differences between a civilian model and a " PIU"
Try YouTube and google, there's a few pretty good videos that show you the differences
Column shifter, no center console, 75mph rear crash bar, I think stab plates in the back of the front seats, red/white interior map light, rear seat doesn't fold all the way forward, 13.9" rotors, rubber floor mat instead of carpet etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try YouTube and google, there's a few pretty good videos that show you the differences
Column shifter, no center console, 75mph rear crash bar, I think stab plates in the back of the front seats, red/white interior map light, rear seat doesn't fold all the way forward, 13.9" rotors, rubber floor mat instead of carpet etc.
Plus a very fun 304hp 3.7L :)

My 2013 I just bought this week 88K miles, still waiting for it to be delivered 6/11/17

2013 PIU Factory options:
Backup camera
Back proximity sensors
Sync equipped audio system
Keyless entry
Driver petal controls
Rear HVAC control
*CIV console added by dealer....but I'm ok with that.
19029473_312767065826173_3965512261150435561_n.jpg

19029571_312769592492587_6904830128151465330_n.jpg

19145772_312769589159254_2395973294043049230_n.jpg

What are the pedal controls?

What are the pedal controls?
Moves the brake pedal forwards and backwards to accommodate taller people and bigger feet. I have it on my F150 and its nice!

Updated photo

Now has
K&N Cold Air Intake
2.5" straight pipe magnaflow XL turbo mufflers
Tinted the head/tail lights
LED interior and marker/rear turn signals. Amber/White switch back signal lights
GoRhino pushbar with winch and flood light.
Added the digital speedometer to the dash (Had to get it done at ford)
Tinted the front 2 windows.
Added rear facing "dash cam" (alot of action seems to happen behind me)
Phone controlled door lock/unlock
Auto started added via forscan

Nice! Do you have a progress thread somewhere?

Nice! Do you have a progress thread somewhere?
Negative.

Do have photos of the day i got it, Then kind of how it came along.
Next project it painting it olive drab. No shine at all like the canadian forces chevy trucks. All OD except the bottom of hte bumpers/doors, trim over the wheels, mirrors and spotlight (So all the plastic will stay black) Pushbar will stay black.. Rims im on the fence about doing OD and the center caps black or just do the rims OD and leave the caps off.. iv got winter rims that are the same so if i dont like the OD on the summers i can always swap em out for the winter rims :D

I enabled mine myself. Remote locks and remote start i used forscan. Went to a junk yard and found a keyfob with remote start from a newer F150 and works like a charm

Are the remote locks already in the PIU or do you need these from a junker as well?

.........Next project it painting it olive drab. No shine at all like the canadian forces chevy trucks...... :D
I think I've seen a picture of an Explorer that colour on here somewhere.

Peter

She's back from the wrap company....she gets her Setina push and pit bars next week.

What did they wrap? Just the hood? It almost looks the texture of truck bed liner. Unique.

2016 PIU 3.7L in Norsea Blue Metallic (~7K miles)
Cloth rear seat
Aux Overhead Heater And A/C
Factory carpet and center console, keyless entry, BLIS, auto headlamps, aluminum wheels, badge delete, forward warning aux lights
Curt hitch and wiring to be added soon.

pgtLjpN.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i work for a tech company and we just added a legit 2018 police interceptor to our fleet for R&D purposes. we have taken it to lunch a few times and man is it quick! all kinds of secret levers and controls too.

5xa5nmD.jpg

Back