Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only) | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Thanks Jon and everyone for your reply :) I told my husband about the remotes and I showed him the sites that were mentioned. I even told him about the Chinese knockoffs that you all mentioned but he insist on purchasing them from ebay. I will keep you all posted on how this goes. I hope I don't have an issue finding a dealer that will enable it for me.

MY GM knockoffs werent worth spit. Hard to program and remote start you had to be next to the car.

My Ford I can start from at least 75 yards away and maybe 100 yards or more depending on what is between me and the Ex.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Jon, what type of cable do I need also need help on locating Forscan (is it FORScan lite for Ford, Mazda ...)? that's the only app I see on iPhone. It's $4.99 so I want to make sure before I download it. Thanks

Hi Jon, what type of cable do I need also need help on locating Forscan (is it FORScan lite for Ford, Mazda ...)? that's the only app I see on iPhone. It's $4.99 so I want to make sure before I download it. Thanks
If you get a cable you need a laptop I'm not at home be there tomorrow night I can pm some good info if you still need let me know

So your saying if i buy that cable and download forscan onto a windows laptop i can enable the remote start functions myself?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Will the OBDLink SX corded scan tool allow me to use forscan program to turn on RS?

So your saying if i buy that cable and download forscan onto a windows laptop i can enable the remote start functions myself?

Yes. You'll need 5 button keys as well, but you can program those too.

Ours dose not have the power lift gate so i think i just need the 4 button keys?

Are the Strattec keys considered OEM? Or do you have to buy the two key set to get OEM?

need advise, i want to try the remote start feature, i have 3 buttons remote without power lift gate. if i buy 5 buttons with remote start and lift gate, it will program?

need advise, i want to try the remote start feature, i have 3 buttons remote without power lift gate. if i buy 5 buttons with remote start and lift gate, it will program?

If you do not have power lift gate, I don't believe you need 5 button key. We have 2014 XLT without power lift gate and am using 4 button key after using Forscan to activate remote start. Probably save you a few bucks.

crrobbins

As long as it has the buttons you need, it should be fine. I haven't looked for anything other than the 5 button.

I'm not sure about anything but keys listed as OEM.

If you do not have power lift gate, I don't believe you need 5 button key. We have 2014 XLT without power lift gate and am using 4 button key after using Forscan to activate remote start. Probably save you a few bucks.

crrobbins
cant find 4 buttons with remote start on ebay that can deliver on my current location, they all 5 buttons.

A 5 button can be used for a vehicle without a power liftgate. The liftgate button won't do anything. If your vehicle is an export from North America you better double check the operating freq of the FOB and make sure you get the correct one.

Be aware that there are two different 4-button fobs out there. One has the RS as the 4th button, the other has the liftgate/trunk release as the 4th button. If you don't have the power liftgate but want RS, you need the first type mentioned.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought this same cable and installed forscan on a laptop. When i hook up the cable to the car/laptop i get a red light on the cable but thats it and forscan can not find the car? What am i doing wrong? I have the connection set to Auto

Change the connection type to COM, and make sure you're in debug mode, but not demo mode.

Back