List of Useful Threads - Hood Paint bubble issue only | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Welcome to the forum. Your thread has been merged with the current discussion on this. If your paint is bubbling, it is covered period. It is not only covered under the 3yr/36k warranty, it is also covered under the 5yr/unlimited mileage warranty Ford came out with recently for this specific issue.

I would be escalating this to the Service Manager or Ford.

Lastly, we ask that you use the search function before starting a new thread so you can post same topics in the same threads.

Good luck.
I just got off the phone with Ford and my local dealership. The Ford rep said that my paint warranty expired and my local dealership said that the TSB is only for 3years/36k. So right now I don't know what to do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Add me to the list. I have a 15 and noticed the bubbles the other day. I'm just under 30k on mine. This really annoys me to no end

LbY2mmf.jpg
rK2rESa.jpg
xv36t6D.jpg
Woym4uU.jpg
I4Gng2y.jpg
fdomgdA.jpg

Also my 2013 can be added to the list...
But: No hop for me, that Ford EU helps me...I have to fix it alone...

Count me in as an owner with this issue, affecting a MY2016 that us just under two years old (took delivery mid Nov of 2015).
The bubbling is even visible underneath the clear vinly paint protection film that I have on the hood; that was applied on day 1 of delivery!

Just bought a certified pre-owned 2014 this past weekend with only 20k miles on it and it has the paint bubble issue along a large swath of the hood lower edge. I took it back to the dealership's service department today and asked the service advisor to contact Ford about it. I'm hoping it will be covered since it's a CPO and has the 12 month / 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Has anyone had any luck getting a 2014 fixed?

I quickly scrolled through the last ten pages of this thread looking for photos and only saw dark colors. Is this issue only associated with darker colors that get warmer when the sun shines on them or does the hood paint bubble issue potentially effect all colors?

Just bought a certified pre-owned 2014 this past weekend with only 20k miles on it and it has the paint bubble issue along a large swath of the hood lower edge. I took it back to the dealership's service department today and asked the service advisor to contact Ford about it. I'm hoping it will be covered since it's a CPO and has the 12 month / 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Has anyone had any luck getting a 2014 fixed?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I hope I'm wrong but I think you may be out of luck. I just checked the CPO document and it doesn't list anything about body panels, trim or paint being included in the coverage.

Peter

I quickly scrolled through the last ten pages of this thread looking for photos and only saw dark colors. Is this issue only associated with darker colors that get warmer when the sun shines on them or does the hood paint bubble issue potentially effect all colors?
Unfortunately all colours can be affected by this issue.

Peter

I saw a post on this thread about this issue being covered for 5 years / unlimited mileage. Is that true or just someone's interpretation?

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I hope I'm wrong but I think you may be out of luck. I just checked the CPO document and it doesn't list anything about body panels, trim or paint being included in the coverage.

Peter

Thanks, glad to be here. Do you know anything about the 5 year / unlimited mileage coverage that has been mentioned in this thread?

Welcome to the forum. Your thread has been merged with the current discussion on this. If your paint is bubbling, it is covered period. It is not only covered under the 3yr/36k warranty, it is also covered under the 5yr/unlimited mileage warranty Ford came out with recently for this specific issue.

I would be escalating this to the Service Manager or Ford.

Lastly, we ask that you use the search function before starting a new thread so you can post same topics in the same threads.

Good luck.

Is there any documentation out there, on Ford's website or otherwise, that details the 5 year / unlimited mileage coverage?

Thanks Peter! Good news, I just got off the phone with the service advisor and Ford is covering the entire cost of the hood repair. Thank you Ford for standing behind your product.

Thanks, glad to be here. Do you know anything about the 5 year / unlimited mileage coverage that has been mentioned in this thread?
Am I reading this right, Ford will cover the hood issue for 5 years unlimited mileage?

Am I reading this right, Ford will cover the hood issue for 5 years unlimited mileage?

I can't say yes with certainty, but the service advisor called me today and told me Ford is covering the fix for my 2014 Explorer. Not sure if it's covered only because the vehicle is CPO. She didn't give me any exact details on Ford's policy. Sorry I can't give you any more detail. Does your 2014 have the same issue?

I can't say yes with certainty, but the service advisor called me today and told me Ford is covering the fix for my 2014 Explorer. Not sure if it's covered only because the vehicle is CPO. She didn't give me any exact details on Ford's policy. Sorry I can't give you any more detail. Does your 2014 have the same issue?

CPO doesn't cover paint. Only if you are within your 3yr/36k so if they are covering it and you are outside either 3yr or 36k, then the 5yr/unlimited mileage is covering it for you.

I am confused, does it make any difference which of the two scenarios you are in, 3 year/36,000 miles window or within the 5 year unlimited mileage? I have a 2014, will be four years old in October and I am beginning to see & feel bumps on the bottom hood edge just above the grill. I would wait until it gets worse (assuming it does) before taking it in as long as I have 16 months before the five years is up..

I am confused, does it make any difference which of the two scenarios you are in, 3 year/36,000 miles window or within the 5 year unlimited mileage? I have a 2014, will be four years old in October and I am beginning to see & feel bumps on the bottom hood edge just above the grill. I would wait until it gets worse (assuming it does) before taking it in as long as I have 16 months before the five years is up..
Makes no difference.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just noticed that mine is doing the same! My bumper to bumper or is out by 800 miles. I wonder if this will be covered.

Back