How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I'm not sure if you guys are still using the 2011-2105MY spreadsheet in my sig, but I updated it with the turn signal duration and hyperflash from the last couple of pages...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In case you don't have the link to my spreadsheet, I just added tabs for the different IPC types as they have different features in the as-built data. I will be adding decodings for each of them.

I am now tracking changes for 2011-2018 MY.

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A

Could somebody tell me what the traffic message channel is and does it show up under Nav screen or where? Don't know anything about it.

Could somebody tell me what the traffic message channel is and does it show up under Nav screen or where? Don't know anything about it.

It shows traffic digitally transmitted by FM radio stations instead of Sirius NavTraffic. If you don't subscribe to Sirius, I would enable it. I believe it shows on the map and 'show traffic' screen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_message_channel

I enabled traffic message -under Nav menu I hit traffic which gave me the options- Traffic On Route (not lit up) -AllTraffic-Traffic Ahead. Both of the last 2 just say No reported traffic incidents. No option of show traffic and no traffic shown. On a brighter note the Nav (allow while in motion works).

LOL, 5 flashes is 3 too many; as I've already completed my lane change.

That means you literally changed your lane in less than 3 seconds when the whole point of a turn signal is to warn other motorists that you are making a lane change which takes a little more time. The point is not to signal AS you're already changing lanes.

Mind explaining the functional differences?

Police engine lets you take out the key and the car will keep idling and won't let you shift it out of park while secure idle for civilian vehicles turns off the vehicle if you attempt to shift it out of park without the key.

Police engine lets you take out the key and the car will keep idling and won't let you shift it out of park while secure idle for civilian vehicles turns off the vehicle if you attempt to shift it out of park without the key.

It doesn't shut off the engine, it just locks the shifter exactly like police engine idle does on keyed vehicles and lets you take the IA fob away from the vehicle without anyone being able to steal it.

My contact with Ford says that this is the same function, one is for keyed vehicles and one for keyless(intelligent access). It was not called Secure Idle due to legal reasons(another 3rd party company uses this name) - as jmr061 mentioned, this function on Interceptors was not available until the 2017MY.

Guys, Hello! I decided to look for an answer from you on the forum, because you feel that you are good at delving into the topic. The situation is the following. I have Explorer 2016 lim sync2, my son's Explorer 2017 lim sync3. Camera we are factory, all the blocks are. I don't have the dynamic lines in the rear camera, it has it. I analyzed the difference between our configni and other machines, studied the forums, but was not able to find the solutions. I feel it's close. I now hit the combination on the address Lines Rear Camera Equipped 11-16MY PSCM 730-01-03 **xx zz 00=Not Present, 01=Present. If I put it in 01, I have a couple of errors in the ABS. Can someone tell me what it is and how to get around this problem. With respect. (Sorry for my English, I use online translator.)

Another incomprehensible thing is. When you turn on the heated front seats out from under them starts to blow the cool air as if included ventilation. Can anyone come across? How can this be addressed?

If anybody discovers the values for secure idle (11-15 MY) it would be appreciated if you sure the info.

I enabled traffic message -under Nav menu I hit traffic which gave me the options- Traffic On Route (not lit up) -AllTraffic-Traffic Ahead. Both of the last 2 just say No reported traffic incidents. No option of show traffic and no traffic shown. On a brighter note the Nav (allow while in motion works).
I thought I read a while back, possibly on another forum, allow while in motion disables the traffic functionality.

I thought I read a while back, possibly on another forum, allow while in motion disables the traffic functionality.

I think it only disables the Sirius traffic one.

The reason it takes away the sirius traffic is because you are changing a country code of the vehicle and releasing/giving it restrictions. Other countries don't have laws regarding typing on the screen while in motion while some do. I think only the US (and maybe Canada) use Sirius radio, so by changing the country code to another country besides the US (or again maybe Canada) you disable the Sirius function.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the information (artist and song title) from a Bluetooth stream to show up in the right ipc? It currently will just say Bluetooth stream detected.

Breaking a cardinal rule but I am going to admit to not reading the previous 26 pages!

Question: Can a 2014 Explorer Limited be programned for Global Windows Down with Forscan? If yes, please point me to the post with details.

Thanks

Breaking a cardinal rule but I am going to admit to not reading the previous 26 pages!

Question: Can a 2014 Explorer Limited be programned for Global Windows Down with Forscan? If yes, please point me to the post with details.

Thanks
No need to read through all 26 pages. You can do a 'Search' within this thread for "global windows open". It will cut down the number of posts.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for your helpful post. So if I understand, you can program, but is not operational yet due to a connection needing to be made?

That and the motors that are on it appear to be the same hardware but they don't have the correct software. Looks like you have to replace motors with Lincoln MKT motors.

I may breakdown and buy some motors to swap to do a proof of concept but I don't think anybody wants this feature enough to drop $100+ on motors and also taking the time to add the wires.

Back