What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 58 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Sounds so good! Nice video and editing!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you tired of my postings yet? Here's a video of what the Borla S-Type Cat-Exhaust sounds like inside the cabin. A driver's perspective if you will.
Please do note that this is a brand new install and barely has 100 miles on it. From my understanding, the tone will get deeper the more I drive it.
I hope you find my videos useful if not entertaining. Please like it if you can on YouTube.

Thank you!

Using FORScan, I disabled the "Double Honk" feature that has been driving me crazy and enabled concurrent hi-beams & fog lights. Once I get an updated OBDII Bluetooth reader that supports the MS-CAN I will be enabling the Reverse Tilt Mirrors feature. I also removed my Livernois Motorsports Windstorm intake and replaced it with the OEM air box with a KNN drop in filter. I am much happier now with my intake versus ambient temperatures. The Livernois intake is now for sale. PM me if interested. Used for less than 500 miles, has a 3/4" hole drilled into bottom of plastic intake pipe that was used as the vacuum source for my UPR oil catch can.

Are you tired of my postings yet? Here's a video of what the Borla S-Type Cat-Exhaust sounds like inside the cabin. A driver's perspective if you will.
Please do note that this is a brand new install and barely has 100 miles on it. From my understanding, the tone will get deeper the more I drive it.
I hope you find my videos useful if not entertaining. Please like it if you can on YouTube.

Thank you!

Ugly Honda gets to sleep outside. Did you install a CAI also?

That's my wife's car. LMAO. She had the garage full of **** in her side.

It sounds just perfect. More growl then the stock Sport. Did not seem to have any drone too. Why did you not pick Livernois exhaust over Borla? Also did you get a CAI for that beefier engine and turbo sound?

It sounds just perfect. More growl then the stock Sport. Did not seem to have any drone too. Why did you not pick Livernois exhaust over Borla? Also did you get a CAI for that beefier engine and turbo sound?

I thought about the Livernois but I've been admiring the Borla and Magnaflow for a while now. After research and lots of questions from our fellow members and other forums, I decided to go with the Borla exhaust. It showed to be the most quiet on long drives and so far it's been true. As for my entire ride, I have the Performance Level 2 Package from Livernois. That came with the Windstorm CAI, Thunderstorm Downpipes and Tune. I also bought the 3 Bar Map sensor for $80 separately and I'm very happy with it. I just have to take it to the track now. Also, I'm looking to get it Dyno'd but no one really does 4 wheel drive dyno's in the area. Thanks for looking at the video!

Looks like the Borla exhaust doesn't require the removal of the exhaust trim pieces on the bumper whereas the exhaust from Livernois does?

Looks like the Borla exhaust doesn't require the removal of the exhaust trim pieces on the bumper whereas the exhaust from Livernois does?

All I know is that it was plug and play for the guys at Car-One Auto in Hoffman Estates, IL. They only had to cut it from the cat-back? Sound right?
IMG_2620.JPG
IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2622.JPG
IMG_2623.JPG
IMG_2624.JPG
IMG_2625.JPG

Looks like the tips for the Borla are just straight pipes and the Livernois ones are bigger which requires you to remove the trim pieces.

Red wheel center caps...
1RfKiGO.jpg

Using FORScan, I enabled the reverse tilt mirror feature.

Has anyone swapped their rear lower valance from the chrome square exhaust cutouts to the round one? I would really like to switch and I'm having trouble finding the part number.

Has anyone swapped their rear lower valance from the chrome square exhaust cutouts to the round one? I would really like to switch and I'm having trouble finding the part number.
According to the parts sites, the valance you seek is not shown as fitting a 2016 or 2017 Explorer. The one shown is for one with rear sensors and tow package.
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-lower-cover-bb5z17f828ea/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9YnVtcGVyLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzLXJlYXImaT1NRjExNzI1NSZyPWxheWVyXzEzJmE9Zm9yZCZvPWV4cGxvcmVyJnk9MjAxNSZ0PXNwb3J0JmU9My01bC12Ni1nYXM=

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, I thought the 2017's all had the rectangular ports. At least you found the part #.;)
As far as I know no member had done what you plan to do. There was a member who went the other way and was adding the Sport/Platinum setup to his Limited.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/2016-17-sport-platinum-exhaust-tips.455588/

Peter

Back