• Register Today It's free!

replacing glove box lock cylinder

davefur

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU
I have the replacement cylinder but no instructions on removing the current cylinder

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum davefur.:wave:
I don't recall anyone having to do that here. Maybe someone can help.

Peter

I took a quick look at the service manual and it covers the doors, liftgate and ignition but nothing about changing the lock cylinder in the glove box.

Sorry, I don't have the answer, however I'd be interested to see what you found in the service manual regarding doors, liftgate, and ignition!

You do not have to separate the glove box. On the back side of the handle behind the cylinder you will see a little silver tab. Push it in and the cylinder will pop out!! It's extremely easy

So with the door doesn't have to be removed from the box and the door skin doesn't have to be separated from the door body to access the rear of the lock? Just tip up the latch handle?

So with the door doesn't have to be removed from the box and the door skin doesn't have to be separated from the door body to access the rear of the lock? Just tip up the latch handle?
Yes lift the lever up you will see on the back of the cylinder there's a little silver tab press it inward and the lock pops out. I tried separating the whole glove box and putting it back together that was a mess in itself but then I noticed the silver tab pushed it and it popped right out

Back