Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only) | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Change the connection type to COM, and make sure you're in debug mode, but not demo mode.

Used a different laptop and got it to work but now i need the licence. The numbers provided to you change the whole number?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Used a different laptop and got it to work but now i need the licence. The numbers provided to you change the whole number?

The license is easy, just get it from Forscan.org.

The numbers on the spreadsheet? Change what's indicated.

Had the new key cut at dealer but its not programmed yet and havnt turned on remote start yet. It will unlock doors but not start car is that normal until its programmed per the owners manual?

Had the new key cut at dealer but its not programmed yet and havnt turned on remote start yet. It will unlock doors but not start car is that normal until its programmed per the owners manual?
Although I'm not 100% sure, I think it has to be programmed to the car in order to start it. The vehicle has to be able to recognize the key's code. If it doesn't match what is programmed into the vehicle, it won't start. Theft protection.

Peter

Key programmed, remote start works!!

Hi,

i have two keys... one a cheap and one oem

The cheap key work fine..

but the oem key from replacemyremote (SA, 80bit) don't remote start the car. only the sidemarker (i hope thats the right name) light switching on... i do the same procedure with the cheap key and it happen the same but the car start.

I had try with ids and forscan to find out why this happen... but I'm don't know where to look...

Someone a hint?

Hi,

i have two keys... one a cheap and one oem

The cheap key work fine..

but the oem key from replacemyremote (SA, 80bit) don't remote start the car. only the sidemarker (i hope thats the right name) light switching on... i do the same procedure with the cheap key and it happen the same but the car start.

I had try with ids and forscan to find out why this happen... but I'm don't know where to look...

Someone a hint?
It sounds like the OEM key you are talking about isn't one of the two originals that came with the Sport. Is that right? Does it allow you to lock/unlock the doors and open the power liftgate if you have that?

Peter

Take a photo of the buttons and post it.

HI,

the right key was a cheap key... it works fine... only foult is, if i turn the ignition on, the left display say "Could not program integrated key", but RemoteStart and "normal start" works.

Because of the "Could not program integrated key" message, i bought a OEM Key @ replacemyremote.com (the left key)

all other keys work fine and i can start the engine... but the remote start won´t work.... if i press it, the indicator lamps turn on and nothing other happen

i´m sure that i doing it right, with the other key it works :)

i had tried to erase all keys with IDS and but it didn´t make any difference.

I'm getting occasional remote start issues, so I wanted to see if anyone else has run into them.

It happens rarely, but I'll hit the lock, and then remote start twice, and all that happens is a loud click. It sounds like the starter is engaging, but failing to turn the engine. Once it happens, remote start is essentially disabled until the ignition is cycled.

The rest of the time it works fine. It starts with the key every time without fail, so it's just an occasional remote start issue. No codes.

I'm getting occasional remote start issues, so I wanted to see if anyone else has run into them.

It happens rarely, but I'll hit the lock, and then remote start twice, and all that happens is a loud click. It sounds like the starter is engaging, but failing to turn the engine. Once it happens, remote start is essentially disabled until the ignition is cycled.

The rest of the time it works fine. It starts with the key every time without fail, so it's just an occasional remote start issue. No codes.
If Remote Start fails, the horn should sound unless you have 'Quiet Start' enabled.
From your Manual;
The horn will sound if the system fails to start, unless quiet start is on.
Quiet start will run the blower fan at a slower speed to reduce noise. You
can switch it on or off in the information display. See the Information
Displays chapter

Peter

If Remote Start fails, the horn should sound unless you have 'Quiet Start' enabled.
From your Manual;
The horn will sound if the system fails to start, unless quiet start is on.
Quiet start will run the blower fan at a slower speed to reduce noise. You
can switch it on or off in the information display. See the Information
Displays chapter

Peter

I do have quiet start on now, but it the horn would sound when it happened before I turned it on.

I'm trying to figure out the why, though. I guess if it's in the manual, it's just "expected"?

The causes for a non start situation are covered in the manual. Sounds like the battery is going bad to me.

The causes for a non start situation are covered in the manual. Sounds like the battery is going bad to me.

I just put a new one in. Less than a week ago. It's going to the dealer on Monday and I'm going to have them check things over, since that's at least the 3rd battery since new.

I looked in my OM, and the most recent version, and all I could find was this:

"KEYLESS STARTING (IF EQUIPPED)
Note: The keyless starting system may not function if the key is close to
metal objects or electronic devices such as mobile phones.
Note: A valid key must be located inside your vehicle to switch the
ignition on and start the engine.
Note: When locking your vehicle, any remote controls left inside the
vehicle may become disabled. A message may appear in the information
display indicating that there is no key detected if you try to start the
engine. Press the unlock button on the remote control to enable it, then
start the engine."

I couldn't find anything else under starting, and nothing specifically on remote start.

i have two keys... the one works always and the other hat the same issue as yours (only a click or something like that)... except that it never works....

the working key is a "cheap" ebay key and the other is a oem key...

From the owner's manual:

The remote start system will not work if:
• the ignition is on
• the alarm system is triggered
• you disable the feature
• the hood is not closed
• the transmission is not in P
• the vehicle battery voltage is too low
• your service engine soon light is on.

If your vehicle is having the infamous not in park issue that would cause a no start scenario.

From the owner's manual:

The remote start system will not work if:
• the ignition is on
• the alarm system is triggered
• you disable the feature
• the hood is not closed
• the transmission is not in P
• the vehicle battery voltage is too low
• your service engine soon light is on.

If your vehicle is having the infamous not in park issue that would cause a no start scenario.

Thanks. I haven't seen anything on that, so I'll have to look into it further, but I don't think any of these apply.

NEW QUERY:

I have a 2014 Explorer Sport but I have Push Button Start(so most of this thread has not assisted too much). Does anyone have any tip for Enabling the Remote Start for Push Button Start vehicles?

I took to dealership and I have 2 5 button remotes and the tech wants to run a diagnostic on it to see what equipment I have installed and I expressed my firm belief that it pretty much came with the equipment already and all I needed was the Software. Still want to charge me $130 to run the diagnostic and no telling what or how much after that for programming the fobs

I rolled out and just figured I would try my luck at another dealership. Maybe talk somebody into just attempting to run the software.

I even asked "Ok if you run the Diagnostic and you find the equipment is there like I said do I get charged for the $130?" and it was like I wasn't even speaking any known language he just stared at me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NEW QUERY:

I have a 2014 Explorer Sport but I have Push Button Start(so most of this thread has not assisted too much). Does anyone have any tip for Enabling the Remote Start for Push Button Start vehicles?

I took to dealership and I have 2 5 button remotes and the tech wants to run a diagnostic on it to see what equipment I have installed and I expressed my firm belief that it pretty much came with the equipment already and all I needed was the Software. Still want to charge me $130 to run the diagnostic and no telling what or how much after that for programming the fobs

I rolled out and just figured I would try my luck at another dealership. Maybe talk somebody into just attempting to run the software.

I even asked "Ok if you run the Diagnostic and you find the equipment is there like I said do I get charged for the $130?" and it was like I wasn't even speaking any known language he just stared at me.

Well the 14 Sport with the 400A package (the base package) has keyed ignition and the 401A package has push button start which automatically comes with remote start. You should have it already.

Back