Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not sure of Joel was in today. Left him a voice mail. Never bought a extended warranty outside of the dealer we bought a car from. Does he just need the vin?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All he needed from me was the VIN & mileage

Not sure of Joel was in today. Left him a voice mail. Never bought a extended warranty outside of the dealer we bought a car from. Does he just need the vin?

As HDJulie stated, VIN and mileage. He will send you a copy of the contract via email and will be in Ford's system the next day.

im sure this has been discussed so forgive! Does anyone have a company they are happy with that will match the Ford Premium plan? I have 24,000 miles and they want 2300$. Would like some other options. Thanks.

im sure this has been discussed so forgive! Does anyone have a company they are happy with that will match the Ford Premium plan? I have 24,000 miles and they want 2300$. Would like some other options. Thanks.
Your thread was merged with this one found using the handy 'Search' feature (upper right). See post #518 above.

Peter

Your thread was merged with this one found using the handy 'Search' feature (upper right). See post #518 above.

Peter
Thanks Peter!

Peter
Thanks Peter! Talked with Joel and looks like a grand savings over my dealer and 400 less than USAA. Making it happen Monday!

Thanks Peter! Talked with Joel and looks like a grand savings over my dealer and 400 less than USAA. Making it happen Monday!

Joel is the man!!

Peter
Joel is the man!!
guess you've done business with him. Does he have ant wiggle room? It is a ton better than my dealer can do!

blwnsmoke is the one who 'introduced' Joel to the Forum and has recommended him many times. Several members have purchased their ESP from Joel. I doubt there is any wiggle room as his prices I believe are $100 over cost. A very reasonable number.

Peter

guess you've done business with him. Does he have ant wiggle room? It is a ton better than my dealer can do!

I've been referring people to Joel for 8 years (stumbled upon him in 2009). He will not go any lower then $100 over cost which is what he quotes all forum members that go his way. There is a reason why I try to get people to buy from him which has been posted in this thread many times so I won't keep repeating myself. There are so many people who have purchased from him now that he is one of the top internet sales ESP dealers in the country. So many in fact that all the other online discounted sites have now started matching all his prices because of all the business he has got lol. I believe he has sold to all 49 states (not Hawaii as of now).

The only thing Joel will do for forum members where other online dealers won't is waive the finance charge if you want to finance it at 0% for 18 or 24 months. There is a 1 time fee associated with that but he eats it which basically he breaks even at that point.

I've been referring people to Joel for 8 years (stumbled upon him in 2009). He will not go any lower then $100 over cost which is what he quotes all forum members that go his way. There is a reason why I try to get people to buy from him which has been posted in this thread many times so I won't keep repeating myself. There are so many people who have purchased from him now that he is one of the top internet sales ESP dealers in the country. So many in fact that all the other online discounted sites have now started matching all his prices because of all the business he has got lol. I believe he has sold to all 49 states (not Hawaii as of now).

The only thing Joel will do for forum members where other online dealers won't is waive the finance charge if you want to finance it at 0% for 18 or 24 months. There is a 1 time fee associated with that but he eats it which basically he breaks even at that point.

I can concur that Joel was great to work with. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks for this also, I reached out to Joel to get some pricing.

Hi All! Time for a dumb question. I am reading the Ford ESP brochure and it has the following language for used vehicles: "Eligible Ford vehicles that have new vehicle limited warranty remaining at the time of purchase - coverage begins at the signature date and current mileage/hours. Coverage ends at the earlier of the number of months purchased or the number of miles/hours purchased from the expiration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty". What does this mean? I was under the impression that the ESP started when the vehicle was put in service but this makes it sound like it starts when you purchase the ESP? What is the "signature date"? Thanks

I would interpret that to mean that when buying a 'used' vehicle with some of the 3 year, 36k mile warranty remaining, the ESP that you purchase begins on the date that you buy and sign the ESP document and it expires at the end of whatever term you buy. If you were the original owner of a vehicle and wanted to buy an ESP while there was still some of the factory warranty on it, then the ESP starts on the original 'In Service' date.

Peter

So wouldn't that be penalizing the original owner? BY having theirs start from when they bought it but if I bought one for my used EX it would be from the date I bought it? Guess I will be asking some questions before the purchase..... Thanks Peter

So wouldn't that be penalizing the original owner? BY having theirs start from when they bought it but if I bought one for my used EX it would be from the date I bought it? Guess I will be asking some questions before the purchase..... Thanks Peter
Yes, to some degree I agree but that is the way Ford works. Not all manufacturers follow the same procedure. The thing that it does provide the original owner is same day rental coverage if they include that in the ESP. The factory warranty does not cover rentals or loaners.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All ESPs start from the original purchase/in service date of the vehicle. The only time this doesn't happen is when the vehicle is outside the 3yr/36k. Then you are buying a used vehicle ESP and they are purchased in 12k/12month intervals and begin 30 days after the time of purchase of the ESP.

To add, if it is a CPO vehicle, you can buy longer used vehicle coverage then if it is just a used vehicle. I believe if memory serves me, instead of the 8 years max on a new vehicle, you can get up to 11.

Back