2015 owner - New Member

CHOCOCREOLE

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Hello Everyone,

New here second Explorer purchase. Working on customizing my 2015 Explorer XLT just had the grille painted black on Ingot Silver. Now trying to decide on adding the Explorer emblem to the hood, any thoughts?

Jacq

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello Everyone,

New here second Explorer purchase. Working on customizing my 2015 Explorer XLT just had the grille painted black on Ingot Silver. Now trying to decide on adding the Explorer emblem to the hood, any thoughts?

Jacq
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I'm guessing you are referring to the EXPLORER lettering? Several members here have done that. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...product-added-2013-explorer-lettering.372378/
The Forum has a handy 'Search' feature in the upper right that members should familiarize themselves with. Lots of good info here.

Peter

Love to see some pictures!

Very good here... unless you are one of the unlucky who live in areas flooded. I was lucky and even lucky with my truck. That Fuel Driver Sending Module must have been slowly going out. My truck is very responsive now. Thanks for all your help!

Welcome Keith, Glad to hear you were alucky one. My friends in Nederland and Beaumont were not as lucky. sounds like things are pretty disshoveled there still.

FYI I have a 15 Sport and lovin it.. happy to help you in anyway.. I have made some mods over the last couple years have made a lot of difference..

Great truck. All the best

Mike

Welcome Keith, Glad to hear you were alucky one. My friends in Nederland and Beaumont were not as lucky. sounds like things are pretty disshoveled there still.

FYI I have a 15 Sport and lovin it.. happy to help you in anyway.. I have made some mods over the last couple years have made a lot of difference..

Great truck. All the best

Mike
Thanks Mike! Love to hear all about your mods on your 2015.

Thanks Mike! Love to hear all about your mods on your 2015.
Hello Keith,

I have a 2015 Sport I purchased as a left over with 500 miles on it. First thing I did was have my son cut off the mufflers and add put on Magna Flow mufflers with Stainless tips. Add a Diable sport tuner on Dash with performance monitoring and TUNE .. added HUGE horsepower and torque. stage 2 CAI Exterior I added weston CLEAR hood deflector and you cannot even see it but WOW does it protect hood and hood leading edge, Changed stock bulbs in driving lights to Diode Dynamic LEDs hi - power 8k color as well as headlight bulbs to Diode Dynamic HIDs.. NO bad effects on crazy light everywhere all clean cut offs if you place the bulb in correct one of the best safty things to see at night.

Added Aries oval side step bars ( black), Window vent visors all around dark and tinted front driver and passenger to match rears.. Gansta strip across inside of windshield hides my easy pass and my wired in Radar detector up there. I have 20" Fuel off road racing one piece black mags with billet trim, I have completely customized the truck to be Harley Davidson as I am a biker. It has side badtes, Interior cut stainless frame bar and shield badges, rolling screen Harley scenes on the media screen, and much more I am forgetting oh and the fuel wheel centers are now Harley davidson Wilie G skulls. I have 2 pair one for winter with blizzaks and one for summer.

OH and very important a cover over the 3rd row seating switches in back hatch area.. This is about 20. on ebay and flips down when you want to change seats.. Those switches can be DEADLY to pets and kids and precious cargo if tripped accidentally.. cover actually sticks on with double stick tape NO wiring.. simple and safe..

if you have 3rd row power seating you MUST do this.. Seriously

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Car-Trun...ash=item237f747507:g:~SQAAOSwNnRYl0-P&vxp=mtr

Hello Keith,

I have a 2015 Sport I purchased as a left over with 500 miles on it. First thing I did was have my son cut off the mufflers and add put on Magna Flow mufflers with Stainless tips. Add a Diable sport tuner on Dash with performance monitoring and TUNE .. added HUGE horsepower and torque. stage 2 CAI Exterior I added weston CLEAR hood deflector and you cannot even see it but WOW does it protect hood and hood leading edge, Changed stock bulbs in driving lights to Diode Dynamic LEDs hi - power 8k color as well as headlight bulbs to Diode Dynamic HIDs.. NO bad effects on crazy light everywhere all clean cut offs if you place the bulb in correct one of the best safty things to see at night.

Added Aries oval side step bars ( black), Window vent visors all around dark and tinted front driver and passenger to match rears.. Gansta strip across inside of windshield hides my easy pass and my wired in Radar detector up there. I have 20" Fuel off road racing one piece black mags with billet trim, I have completely customized the truck to be Harley Davidson as I am a biker. It has side badtes, Interior cut stainless frame bar and shield badges, rolling screen Harley scenes on the media screen, and much more I am forgetting oh and the fuel wheel centers are now Harley davidson Wilie G skulls. I have 2 pair one for winter with blizzaks and one for summer.

OH and very important a cover over the 3rd row seating switches in back hatch area.. This is about 20. on ebay and flips down when you want to change seats.. Those switches can be DEADLY to pets and kids and precious cargo if tripped accidentally.. cover actually sticks on with double stick tape NO wiring.. simple and safe..

if you have 3rd row power seating you MUST do this.. Seriously

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Car-Trun...ash=item237f747507:g:~SQAAOSwNnRYl0-P&vxp=mtr

What tune did you add and what massive gains in HP and Torque did you get? From reading the reviews, Magna Flow mufflers and Stainless tips does not add any power. With a custom CAI reviews the HP stays the same or decreases adding the engine temps to run higher then stock CAI. Maybe I am missing something.

NO Magna flow did not add horsepower or performance nor did I expect it but mad my but the truck sound great.. I little rumble but not annoying in the cabin .. Only reason I did it.. CAI ( was filter only and housing) is only that I wanted to use reusable filter and my intake air temps are about same.. Candidly didnt buy either thinking I would get much other than personal satisfaction out of wanting and adding them.

the tune gave me 70 - 75 more hp and torque improvement was about 35-38 additional FP. Which to me is a huge improvement.

Back