No Spark or Fuel | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

You check fuses for pcm ? I hate to say it but I'm crossing my fingers for you if the pcm doesn't work ....man that'll be real head scratcher at that point the shorting bar is a small plug should be grey on the back of the engine should be hanging out around the cam sensor by itself maybe you messed with it when you changed the sensor

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t1342_ds590443

I found this it's a very similar situation I'd try replacing the crankshaft sensor for kicks just pick one up at the junk yard while awaiting your pcm it also hits on the spout connector I was talking about (shorting bar)

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t1342_ds590443

I found this it's a very similar situation I'd try replacing the crankshaft sensor for kicks just pick one up at the junk yard while awaiting your pcm it also hits on the spout connector I was talking about (shorting bar)

i did change the sensor, again. literally yesterday. to no avail. i just put the old one back in since it didn't start and its only like 2 months old

The cam sensor is on the top back of the motor the crankshaft sensor is on the bottom front of motor on crank pulley. Which one did you replace?

The cam sensor is on the top back of the motor the crankshaft sensor is on the bottom front of motor on crank pulley. Which one did you replace?

now im the one reading too fast haha....i did the CPS, not the CKS

good idea though, just googled the position, will try that later today. or atleast cleaning the terminals

ok guys so heres the latest update.....

Changed the CKS, to no avail. tried starting, nothing.

noticed my theft light was blinking while starting....ok damn....i only have one key.

PATS....of course

sooooooooooooooo NOW hahahaha....im pretty sure my PCM is ok, and all thats wrong is a bad key.

i gotta buy two keys from ford and i know a guy that can travel and reprogram all this stuff. even my PCM! so im going to have him do the keys and reprogram my new used spare PCM.

will let you know what happens....probably on Friday.

Thank you all again! still open to ideas and suggestions so if anyone has any quarrels with my conclusions, or if you just want to put in your two cents its greatly appreciated!

You have a chipped key?

All 2000s have PATS.

You have a chipped key?

yep.....little red box in the corner of it

I can shake it and hear a rattling in the key....yayy....so 40 bucks a key, so 120 just in keys and whatever this guy is going to charge me to program them and the new PCM

BUUUUTTTTT i dont have to pay for a tow.

not too bad....im just hoping im not wrong lol. i mean new PCM and two new keys....what else could cut both systems that i havent already touched....

weird thing is that i have a honda accord thats chipped too...on the same keyring....soo how the key lost its code im clueless too

My mother in law just went through the lost the key and paid several hundred to have somebody reprogram the dang thing and cut new keys I'm glad my 96 isn't chipped if someone wants my ex (worth $700 according to my property tax bill) that bad then hell take it lol . It's not like it doesn't stand out with all the mods.

I hope that's all it is for you(makes sense cutting fuel and spark) and most of the time it's usually the simpler stuff you completely look over that ends up being the culprit! For example my father in law replaced everything under the sun because of a miss fire in his bronco ll and ended being just a bad /cracked spark plug.

My mother in law just went through the lost the key and paid several hundred to have somebody reprogram the dang thing and cut new keys I'm glad my 96 isn't chipped if someone wants my ex (worth $700 according to my property tax bill) that bad then hell take it lol . It's not like it doesn't stand out with all the mods.

I hope that's all it is for you(makes sense cutting fuel and spark) and most of the time it's usually the simpler stuff you completely look over that ends up being the culprit! For example my father in law replaced everything under the sun because of a miss fire in his bronco ll and ended being just a bad /cracked spark plug.

thanks again for the help!

I'm not convinced that your transponder key is your issue. PATS only turns off your fuel injectors. It has nothing to do with spark. You say your THEFT light blinking while cranking. Is it blinking quickly or slowly. IIRC it normally blinks while cranking. I'll check that in a few minutes, but I'm pretty sure blinking while cranking is normal.

Edit:
Well in my '01 ST the THEFT light goes out while cranking, but I think it stays on or blinks when cranking in one of my other Explorers. I could be mistaken though. I'll defer to @swshawaii explanation. In any event, PATS only turns of the injectors - nothing else.

The theft light shouldn't flash. It'll light momentarily on key on, just like all the other lights, but that's it.

Theft indicator (Page 117)
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/00expog1e.pdf
The theft indicator on the instrument cluster will operate as follows:

• When the ignition is OFF, the theft indicator will flash briefly every two seconds to indicate the SecuriLocky system is protecting your vehicle.

• When the ignition is turned to ON or START, the theft indicator will light for three seconds and then go out. If the theft indicator stays on for an extended period of time or flashes rapidly, have the system serviced by your dealership or a qualified technician.

Possible dealer or locksmith alternative IF it's a PATS issue (1997-2011) Ford OEM Strattec key blanks post #61.
Solved - PATS key sucsess! Thanks Forscan | Page 3 | Ford Explorer and Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

FORScan forum • View topic - How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

so i got two new keys and my OBD2 port isnt working. i have power but no way to communicate. sad thing is i know at one time it worked. i pulled a misfire code from the truck first week i had it.

anyone have any suggestions now?

let me explain what i think happened

i had an amazon door unlock kit with two chinese keys that needed to be programmed so the whole unit could work. the thing was getting in the way of my clutch and i didnt even have the stupid remote anymore. so i cut it out. a few days later...

so now my theft light is blinking thru the whole ignition process. but no fuel no spark.

Did you disturb the factory wiring? Possibly short something out when cutting wires?

No I did not. It wasn't me that installed it I bought the truck like that. The guy who did never cut any wires. He stripped them and placed the new wire thru. I cut the wires coming out and capped them. But the OBD stopped reading before that. Monday I have to go to ford and get pinouts for my obd and PCM. Hopefully I can trace the wire and get this thing running again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is a relay that powers the pcm the pcm powers the fuel pump and the ignition.
roscoe

Back