Unorthodox lift for a 07 explorer Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unorthodox lift for a 07 explorer Eddie Bauer

C.SPICYWEINER

Reaction score
City, State
Somewhere, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer Eddie bauer
So I decided to go as cheap as possible to lift my 07 explorer. What I did was took the strut towers out and ran the eye into a 10" piece of 2"X2" tube steel. Bolted the eye bout 4" from the bolt in the a arm. It raised the front about 5". That brought the wheels inward so to correct it I had to put 1 1/4" spacers on the front wheels. The only issues I have is that it creaks and I'm wondering if my ball joints should be ok or if I need to fabricate a new upper control arm. What's everybody else's thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's working pretty well. It's been like that for a while now and nothing seems to be breaking or damaged. I have pictures but I just don't know how to put them on here

I can't imagine raising the front 5 inches won't prematurely wear all joints and cv axles. They have to be way maxed. Post to imgur, and share the link, please.

It is maxed. Can't lift it anymore without redoing the upper control arms along with a few other parts. The only issue I have with it is the squeaking sound it makes going down the road. That's from the upper control arms. I measured it wrong before I think. It's probably more like a 4" lift. Need to find another one the same model and compare

Back